Dermatology  |
Dr. Elizabeth Burns, MD
Elizabeth M. Burns, MD is a Board Certified Dermatologist. She has been in private practice with Gregory J. Cox, MD since completing her residency in 2005. Dr. Burns is a native of Atlanta and graduated with highest honors from Emory University where she earned Academic Scholarships for Undergrad as well as Medical school. She has participated in multiple research trials and authored numerous publications in dermatologic journals. Dr. Burns is skilled in all areas of Dermatology, both in the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions of the skin, as well as dermatologic surgery including skin cancers. She compliments her general dermatology practice by offering cosmetic procedures such as injectables, facial fillers, chemical skin peels, laser treatments, vein therapy and a full range of aesthetic services.

5505 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 412

Atlanta, GA 30342

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Burns

Perimeter Dermatology, PC is committed to offering quality professional dermatological services and skincare. Our highly skilled and educated Providers take the time to understand patient concerns and goals before customizing a comprehensive treatment plan. Perimeter Dermatology is a full-service practice that encompasses the full array of medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology services, including advanced laser technology, the latest skin peels, cosmetic injectables and fillers.

Whether you're visiting us for a medical appointment or a cosmetic appointment, we strive to treat every patient with integrity, empathy and warmth. We recognize that the process does not start or stop with the actual procedure – it is the entire experience that supports our patients in their quest for solutions to personal skin care issues.

Dr. Burns' Experience

Dr. Burns' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Hives
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Jock Itch
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Warts

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Emory University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • Emory University
    Medical School | Graduated 1999

Dr. Burns has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. Burns does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burns and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Burns' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burns to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Burns' Performance
I rarely leave online reviews for anything. However, I was seen today by Dr. Burns and I cannot recommend her highly enough. She was thorough, knowledgeable, professional, and went above and beyond in her evaluation of 1) the reason for my visit and 2) follow up questions and observations about my skin's condition. I have 100+ moles and in more than 10+ years and 5+ dermatologists from moving, she is by far the best I have seen and will make a permanent switch to her practice.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Burns and her staff are professional and pleasant. Appointments are honored without delay and scheduling has always been easy. The office is well located near Northside and St. Joe's Hospitals. I have recommended her to friends and colleagues.
Atlanta, GA |
The only reason for the long wait time for my visit, I believe, is because Dr. Burns is going out on maternity leave very soon and many of her patients want to see her before she leaves. I would highly recommend her.
in Atlanta, GA |
I have seen Dr. Burns on several occasions over the past three years and she has been great at getting to the root of y problem and fixing it without multiple visits and extensive procedures.
in Norcross, GA |
I already recommended her to a friend. She was great and honest.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Burns has all the attributes I seek in a doctor. She is a good diagnostician, a good communicator, kind, gentle and has that rare ability to make me feel that there is no rush to finish my appointment. She answers all my questions and is sensitive to any discomfort. I would recommend her to anyone seeking a dermatologist.
Atlanta, GA |
Would Highly recommend Dr. Burns. She is personable and thorough.
in Atlanta, GA |
Friendly, and very thorough......has identified several skin cancers early which meant treatment was much less invasive. Would highly recommend.
in Atlanta, GA |
I adore her! She is very professional and good at what she does while still being friendly and easy to talk with. I would definitely and have recommended her to others. The office has finally gotten the scheduling right. Yesterday my appointment was at 8:30 and I was checked out at 8:50, amazing!
in Roswell, GA |
It was easy to make the appointment and the building is easy to get to and Dr. Burns and her staff are professional and very helpful. I would highly recommend this practice.
in Cumming, GA |
Very patient friendly, maintaine products affordably priced. We love Dr. Burns and her staff. We always feel well educated and taken care of!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Burns has literally saved my life. Her diagnosis and treatment of my multiple melanomas,and her follow up schedule are reassuring. I am sincerely appreciative of her ability and care. She really does have melanoma radar, and the surgical skills to treat my skin - which I abused for years.
in Marietta, GA |
Twice would recommend Dr. Burns and have to several people.
Lake Villa, IL |
Wonderful care provided. Would highly recommend.
in Jasper, Georgia |
My whole family sees Dr. Burns, excluding only my son as he lives in North Carolina. I trust Dr. Burns implicitly and appreciate her kind and friendly bedside manner.
in Atlanta, GA |
WARNING: Stay away from this practice. I went in and paid ($130) out of pocket for the diagnosis and treatment. The PA who saw me completely wasted my time and money. My diagnosis was "Oh, you just hurt it. It should be better in 2 weeks". It has been 3 months and it has gotten WORSE. I called the office again to see if they could prescribe something or follow up on the "lack of" care they provided to me before, and was told I could come in a PAY for another visit (Aka waste of time and money).
Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Burns, MD?
Are you Dr. Burns?