Urology  |
Dr. Elizabeth Kavaler, MD
Dr. Elizabeth Kavalar, M.D. is is a Board Certified Urologist, practicing with Total Urology Care of New York where her clinical and research efforts focus mainly on disorders of the female pelvic organs. She has been in practice for 15 years and has dedicated her career to the study and treatment of female urological disorders such as chronic urinary tract infections, various kinds of incontinence, pelvic floor prolapse, and interstitial cystitis and pelvic pain. She welcomes patients to her office at Total Urology Care of New York serving the areas of New York, New York. Dr. Kavalar is a graduate of the State University of New York at Brooklyn Medical School, where she was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Society. She completed her general surgery residency at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Kavaler is one of only 500 woman urologists in practice in the U.S. and is one of the preeminent experts in female urological disorders. After four years of Urology at the same institution, Dr. Kavaler concluded a post-graduate fellowship in Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery and Urodynamics at the University of California-Los Angeles under the tutelage of Dr. Shlomo Raz. A Clinical Assistant Professor of Urology at Weil Cornell Medical Center, she is one of the preceptors in the Voiding Dysfunction Fellowship at New York Hospital as well as the Director of Urogynecology at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. Dr. Kavalar and her colleagues at Total Urology Care of New York work to ensure that all patients receive the care and services they need, while being treated with the utmost respect. She prides herself not only on providing the most up-to-date, evidence-based medical care, but also in her ability to develop meaningful relationships with each and every patient. Dr. Kavalar is the author of, "A Seat on the Aisle, Please!" Dr. Kavalar is currently accepting new patients. She and the practice welcome most major forms of insurance.

245 E 54th St Apt 2N

New York, NY 10022

• EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Kavaler

Dr. Kavaler's Experience

Dr. Kavaler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urology
  • Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Urology

• Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Ureteral Stones
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female

• Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vaginal Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Barnard College
  • Mt Sinai Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • UCLA Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Kavaler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kavaler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kavaler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kavaler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kavaler to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Kavaler's Performance
in New York, NY |
Dr. Kavaler is an excellent in her speciality. The staffs (medical & administration) are very caring and cooperative. I would recommend Dr. Kavaler and her organization for any and all urology issues. She is clearly the best urologist I have ever used.
Howard Beach, NY |
I am very impressed by the professionalism of Dr. Kavaler and her staff. The staff all greeted me when I entered the office and when I left. The office itself was clean and the location is so convenient to get to by subway. I love that all the paperwork is done on a laptop and that I have access to it. Dr. Kavaler is so friendly, accommodating, and concerned. She made my experience pleasant for not such a pleasant medical issue.
New York, NY |
Best urologist in NYC for women. Smart, accurate, modern.
New York, NY |
Dr. Kavaler is a godsend! s. I had a sling put in 2 1/2 years ago by another surgeon. Pain, unable to urinate properly and my previous surgeon did not listen to me, at all! So I suffered for years. She was fabulous!!! She told me to just take my time and explain and ...the best...she understood! She did not poo poo off my symptoms and pain. She immediately set a plan into action.I highly recommend Dr. Kavaler!! We need more physicians like her who take their time and listen to their patients! I
Hastings On Hudson, NY |
prompt, truly caring, informative.
in New York, NY |
Hi Dr. Kavaler, I hope you had and will have a wonderful New Year and wish you and your family health and happiness. I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you have done for me. There are not enough words of gratitude that I can express. I thank you for having the patience to see me through the medical issue I was having and to see it through to the end. Despite the feeling of helplessness that I felt, your comment of "we will fix this" and the certainty it was said
New York, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Kavaler to anyone in need of an urologist. She is so kind, caring and very professional. The staff too are just as kind and attentive to making your visit comfortable.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Kavaler is extraordinary physician -- she is incredibly personable and clearaly explains any issues that may come up. Her staff is amazing and I have never had to wait.
in New York, NY |
I had my follow up visit with Dr. Kavaler this morning. If I could clone her, I would! She is professional, thorough, good listener and wasn't in a rush to move forward to the her next patient, especially with her busy schedule.
in New York |
She has made me a happy, and healthy, and dryer woman. Much love
in Brooklyn, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Kavaler, a female urologist who specializes in women's urological problems. I was totally comfortable with every aspect of the visit and was given simple, straightforward advice for dealing with my problem. And it worked!
in New York, NY |
I found Dr Kavler to be patient, understanding, a good listener and concerned with your issues. She prescribed medication that she believed would work but made it clear she wanted to hear from you if it did not. I would certainly recommend her.
in Cornwall, NY |
She is thoughtful and precise. This is reflected in each step of the patient journey. The office staff manage patients efficiently. The IOS tablet sign in prompts you through the information process. The office is situated with a view west of Radio City, east St. Pat's, and directly in front: 30 Rock. Nice! The waiting room, bathroom, and patient rooms are white, beautifully ergonomic, sparkling. Finally, she, post-exam, gives time to discuss and then advises as a partner. Medicine UX =A+
New York, NY |
Took my 97 yr old mom to a urologist for the first time upon Rec from her cardiologist. I registered mom on an iPad. Even the meds were listed when I provided pharmacy phone number. Very high tech. Office had low reclining examination chair easy for mom to transfer from her wheelchair. Dr Kavaler was kind, attentive and spent time explaining. options. Highly recommend her. She's even published a book.
in Haverstraw, NY |
She is lovely,very pleasant, concise and direct. Beautiful, immaculate office. Staff very cheerful and pleasant. I will be following up with her again.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Kavaler is one of the most understanding and compassionate doctors I have ever crossed paths with. Her positive and patient attitude towards one's problem(s) puts any person at ease. Having multiple surgeries to fix one issue, she was always very encouraging and never let me give up hope. She went way above and beyond to help me with any issue. She always provided answers in terms that are understandable and never made you feel rushed to finish the visit. Priceless bedside manner.
Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Kavaler, MD?
Are you Dr. Kavaler?

See our Urology Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center

Visit Dr. Kavaler