Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD

DermatologyFemaleAge 47

Barrington Park Derma Assoc PC

220 Linden Oaks Ste 300 Rochester, NY 14625

Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD is a Dermatologist in Rochester, NY and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Francis has more experience with Mohs Surgery, Dermatologic Oncology, and Dermatologic Care than other specialists in her area. She graduated from New York State U, School of Medicine - Buffalo medical school in 1999. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Francis to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Dermatologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Francis

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Francis treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Francis treats other conditions, please contact the office at (585) 383-4420.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Francis typically treats 56% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion

Dermatologic Oncology

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Dermatologic Oncology specialists.

Dr. Francis typically treats 50% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

Actinic Keratosis
Excision of Skin Lesion
Skin Cancer

Dermatologic Care

Dermatologists diagnose, treat and screen for conditions affecting the skin, including skin cancer, psoriasis, eczema, acne, rosacea, and hair loss.Compare with other Dermatologic Care specialists.

Dr. Francis typically treats 62% more often than similar doctors

Dr. Francis' conditions and procedures:

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid
  • Telogen Effluvium
  • Ulcer
  • Warts

Dr. Francis accepts

Dr. Francis accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Dr. Francis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Francis

4.0

Dr. Francis?
  • Office environment (23)
  • Staff friendliness (22)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (20)
  • Appointment was rushed (7)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (7)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
Dr. Francis is AMAZING!! I have been a patient of hers for over 10 years. She has made me feel comfortable and at home every time I've gone in to see her. She removed a scary spot that I had about 10 yrs ago and since then, I go back yearly for check ups. She has gone above and beyond for me, and now that I have small children, she has seen both of them and gone above and beyond for them as well. One of my 4 yr olds, needed to have a spot looked at and removed during Covid. Dr. Francis went out of her way to make sure that he was seen and that he and I were comfortable with the situation and plan. I feel that I can ask her any questions. Her staff is equally amazing and helpful. My family and I are so lucky to have her as our provider. Thank you Dr. Francis! You are the BEST!!!!
Jen Lederhouse – Jul 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
Dr. Francis is a wonderful doctor! She really takes her time to hear out my issues and addresses them appropriately. She even followed up with me personally to see how I was doing since our visit! I have recommended her to friends and family and will continue to recommend her. Thanks Dr. Francis!!
May 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
Thoughtful, caring, and helpful doctor. I have recommended her to many of my family and friends and they all agree.
Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
I have been with Dr. Francis for roughly 5 years and its been going down hill year after year, she is negligent, short sited and has the bedside manner of the backside of a horse. Example: Apparently the medication I am on requires me to see her every 6 months and have a TB test once a year. I guess I should have learned this at the medical school I went to. Oh wait, i'm not a doctor. So I saw her at the end of 2017. Her office was suppose to contact me to schedule the follow up appointment that never took place. She continually wrote the script for me for 2 years without seeing me. Then blames me for her malpractice. and has been taking it out on me ever since. If anyone should be upset it is me for her negligently writing a script year after year that potentially but my life at risk by not following procedures and guidelines put in place for that drug. And that is just the icing.
John Secor – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
Dr. Francis is fantastic. I have seen her a few times for different matters and really love her vibe. She seems to care and really listened to my concerns. Would absolutely recommend her to anyone. I also love her office and the staff, very friendly.
Michelle – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Francis's for 14 years, along with several members of my immediate and extended family (ranging in age from 10-75). Dr. Francis is very kind and knowledgeable and always makes me feel welcome and at ease (even during embarrassing skin exams)! She is very thorough and takes time answering questions. I also appreciate that she does not sell products in her office. I recommend her without reservation!
Amy – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
My grandmother went to Mrs. Francis, and was accosted and freightened. I recommended this woman no longer practice medicine.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
Starting seeing Dr. Francis about 10 years ago and my children saw her as well -- mostly for acne. The last 2 years of visits, there was definitely a change in her methods. She didn't even look at my skin on my last visit and told me that I really didn't have acne -- that it was pretty much psychological and I needed to see a therapist. Not sure what happened with her judgement but I've since been treated successfully by another dermatologist for yes, acne.
Webster, NY – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
Best in the business. She is reliable, personable, and her office is speedy. I LOVE her!
Sarah Peters in Rochester, NY – Jan 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
I have been seen and treated by dermatologists for more than 30 years. Imagine my delight when I met and was examined by someone who LISTENED, looked in my eyes, and gave me hope. Psoriasis is not a glamorous nor debilitating disease (for me not for all) but by it's nature can wear one down over a lifetime. I am horrified by the costs of all the treatments, this is an area where Dr. Francis and her staff are willing to "go to bat" for the patient--medical skill PLUS caring--found it.
Pam N in Bloomfield, New York – Nov 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
Great doctor! I have seen her for years as have both of my children for a variety of skin issues. I recently had my parents get an appointment for a skin check and she found a cancerous growth on my father's scalp. Her bedside manner is great and she always takes all the time I need to explain everything. The office has a great staff, not only the doctor but the nurses and receptionists too. It can take a while to get an appointment but she is worth the wait!
Kay R in Pittsford, NY – Oct 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
At my follow up appointment she was in a rush and didn't even care to check my chart (she didn't know what meds I was on and for how long I was on them for, even though she prescribed them). She switched me to a very high dose of spironolactone even though the normal starting dose is 4 times lower. I only found out a few months later after I developed nasty side effects and a different Doctor realized that it can be attributed to spironolactone. I would never recommend her to anyone.
Kate in Rochester, NY – Sep 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
I went to Dr. Francis about four years ago, because of an unusual rash. She was very thorough, knowledgeable and actually suggested that I might have celiac disease (which it turned out to be!). She was also wonderful in followup, taking the time to call me with my test results, etc. Her bedside manner is wonderful and she has a great sense of humor!
annette in Rochester, NY – Jul 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?
Excellent care given with great compassion and thoroughness. I am always nervous going to any doctor and she always makes me feel at ease even if I have to have something removed or treated. She gives a very thorough skin exam. I occasionally have to wait but she gives me all the time I need to address all of my concerns. I recommend her to all my friends and family, and a big plus is that the office doesn't try to sell you any products or services unlike some other local offices!
Rachael in Rochester, NY – May 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elizabeth Francis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Francis?

• Dermatology