Dr. Elizabeth Eyre, MD

Dr. Elizabeth Eyre, MD

Anesthesiology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Elizabeth Eyre, MD is an anesthesiology specialist in San Antonio, TX and has been practicing for 28 years. She graduated from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine in 1985 and specializes in anesthesiology.Read her story

1830 Edgehill Dr

San Antonio, TX 78209

• ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
  • Advantra
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Anthem Blue Cross
  • AvMed

Learn about Dr. Eyre

Dr. Eyre's Experience

Dr. Eyre's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Anesthesiology
  • Board certified in Anesthesiology

Dr. Eyre's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Eyre "I was born in Virginia but grew up in upstate New York, on the Canadian-Vermont border. My dad was a volunteer fireman in our small town and I helped him teach First Aid there, when I was a teenager. It gave me a taste of helping others and I decided to pursue a career in medicine. We moved to Arlington, Texas when I was a senior in high school and I began volunteering as a candy stripper in a local hospital. Dad worked for John Peter Smith Hospital and I eventually began volunteering there, as well. I had some incredible experiences at Peter Smith and it prompted me to apply to medical school. I spent 9 years in Lubbock, Texas for my undergraduate degree in microbiology, medical school and an internship in general surgery. I spent a year in emergency medicine at Arlington Memorial Hospital before beginning my anesthesia residency in New Orleans at Ochsner Foundation Hospital. I began private practice in San Antonio 27 years ago and have been here ever since. My introduction to medicine was through the OR and I still love it! My relationship with patients is brief but I strive to make it as pleasant as possible."

This content was provided by Dr. Eyre "I believe in caring for patients as I'd wanted to be cared for and that little things matter--like warm blankets, minimizing bodily exposure and keeping the OR atmosphere calm and quiet until the patient is asleep.  I take a detailed history and use it to make decisions about what drugs to give and the potential side effects they may have.  I feel strongly about "Pre-emptive Analgesia" or preventing pain BEFORE the patient wakes up by using multiple techniques and medications, while they are still asleep.  Preventing nausea and post operative vomiting is also a personal goal of mine with each patient, since it tends to be the most frequent but miserable complaint after surgery.  I will also speak up if I think that surgery should wait because of a condition that needs treating--safety is imperative and I take it seriously."

• Anesthesiology

• Local Anesthesia
  • Oximetry
  • Pre-Operative Care
  • Regional Anesthesia
  • Right Heart Catheterization (Swan-Ganz)
  • Spinal Anesthesia

• Texas Tech School Med
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Ochsner Fdn Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Eyre has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Eyre does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Eyre and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Eyre's Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Eyre to family and friends
2 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Eyre's Performance

FAIR

Great Doctor very informative prior to Surgery! Just one problem, I am trying to pay a balance owed to her and the office receptionist told me that they don't accept credit cards for payment? Hello it's 2016. I told her that I wanted to use my payflex option card, Receptionist told me to pay out...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

I'm sorry that the payment part of things was cumbersome--it should be easier and I'll look into what we can do to streamline the process.