Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Elizabeth Cefalu, MD
Dr. Elizabeth Cefalu, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in North Port, FL. She is 51 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Cefalu is affiliated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital.

Cefalu Internal Medicine and Pediatrics

2566 Commerce Pkwy

North Port, FL 34289

Dr. Elizabeth Cefalu, MD

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
  • Evolutions Healthcare Systems
  • PHCS
  • TPA

Learn about Dr. Cefalu

Dr. Cefalu's Experience

Dr. Cefalu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics

• Pediatrics

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Pediatrics
    Accredited by: American Board of Pediatrics*

• Allergic Rhinitis
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

• University of Maryland Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Tulane University School Of Public Health
    Other Education | Completed 1995

Dr. Cefalu has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Cefalu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cefalu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cefalu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cefalu to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Cefalu's Performance
in North Port, FL |
Dr Cefalu is the best most caring doctor I've ever had. I'm 63 & she is the 1st PCP that actually follows thru & works behind the scenes assuring prompt referrals & any necessary testing gets done quickly & with highly qualified specialists. Whether on vacation or at the dinner table Dr Cefalu is always taking care of her patients. Furthermore her staff is just as dedicated & amazing. In this era of healthcare it is a rarity to be important in a doctors office & not just a chart number.
North Port, FL |
Dr. Cefalu is probably a very good diagnostician. On the few times I have seen her she has been primarily focused on getting all the information into her laptop. I feel that she is thorough, yet there is a definite lack of warmth. Would I trust her in a medical emergency? Yes. I also need my doctor to be understanding and gentle. I did not get that the last time I saw her. I was judged, reprimanded for not "doing the exam in the right order"... basically treated in an abusive manner.
North Port, FL |
Great doctor! Great staff!
Venice, FL |
Does not listen to her patients, even if the patient has a chronic illness and knows what works. Spends whole appointment typing. She spent first 3-4 minutes of my 10 minute appointment telling me about herself. Staff is very nice.
New Haven, CT |
I finally found a Physician who cared for the patient and didn't succumb to the system. She practices great medicine and if she doesn't know something about a medication or its interaction, she immediately looks it up! I am saddened to have moved and lost access to the care she provided me. As a retired health professional, I had been disappointed in many other providers. Dr Cefalu is truly a physician who cares!
in North Port |
Dr Cefalu is a highly educated physician who always has the time to listen and explain things throughly. She is caring and understanding. Her staff is the best always polite and ready to help. Combine Dr Cefalu with her staff and you get the best physician's group in North Port. I would recommend the group to anyone.
in North Port |
Dr Cefalu is a highly educated physician who always has the time to listen and explain things throughly. She is caring and understanding. Her staff is the best. They are always polite and ready to help. Combine Dr Cefalu together with her staff and you have the best physician's group in North Port.
in Punta Gorda, FL |
Doctor and staff are very helpful and personable. Great experience!
in North Port, FL |
Highly recommended. Laid back, yet very professional atmosphere. Very thorough and caring !!
in Venice, FL |
Dr. Cefalu has been my primary care physician since I moved to her area over four years ago. She has always been friendly, polite, professional, and her knowledge and competence have been proven many times over. Since she left a group practice to start her own, she has built a staff of fine people with the same attributes that she displays herself. I can recommend her without reservation.
in North Port, FL |
Dr. Cefalu is the most intelligent, knowledgeable doctor I have ever had. She is thorough and truly cares about her patients. I would recommend her to anyone.
in North Port, FL |
Wonderful doctor and person. Great doctor to work with.
in North Port, FL |
I was a new patient to Dr. Cefalu today, and I just thought she was so great! She really listened to what I was saying, and spent time with me. As a new patient, it's so nice to feel like more than just a number on a chart! Would definitely recommend her!
in North Port, FL |
I liked her for a while, but after seeing her for a couple of years it became clear that she just didn't pay attention. Every time I saw her it was like we were meeting for the first time, and she obviously didn't even glance at my chart before coming in. Definitely does not inspire confidence.
in New York, NY |
I find her to be a caring, competent physician, with a bed side manner, second to no one, and her staff is just as competent, an asset to her office.
in North Port, Florida |
I have had her since I moved to Florida over three years ago. She is a great MD.Her staff members are organized and make you feel comfortable when you arrive. I feel like she really listens to your symptoms before she reacts. I really appreciate that fact the she gives me time.I don't feel rushed. You feel like a patient not just another number. Thanks for the outstanding service you and your staff provide.
in North Port, FL |
REALLY listens to the patient. Calm, not alarmist. Explains everything in plain English. Staff is great.
in North port |
She is experienced, listens, very professional and smart
Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Cefalu, MD?
Are you Dr. Cefalu?

See our Internal Medicine Specialist at Fawcett Memorial Hospital

Visit Dr. Cefalu

Dr. Cefalu accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
    Employer Group PPO