Psychiatry  |
Dr. Elizabeth Baxter, MD
Dr. Elizabeth Baxter, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. She is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

2300 21st Ave S Ste 304

Nashville, TN 37212

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Baxter

Dr. Baxter's Experience

Dr. Baxter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Anorexia
  • Eating Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Psychiatric Evaluation

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Vanderbilt Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Utmc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University Rochester Med Ctr/Strong Meml Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Baxter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Baxter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baxter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Baxter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baxter to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Baxter's Performance
in Spring Hill, TN |
I think I was charged twice (and I had to pay twice ) for my July 3, 1017 appointment with my original cash payment at the point of service not recognized. Was this this cash the idea of a tip?
Nashville, TN |
I've seen Dr. Baxter for a year and a half and I dread every appointment. I go just because I need to get an updated prescription. The vast majority of the time she is checked out. I'm a talker and she makes it SO uncomfortable. She is constantly looking at the time. She forgets virtually everything from visit to visit because she's not taking notes. I already see a therapist and am very happy with him. Recently I asked my PCP if he would just prescribe my meds so I could quit her and he agreed.
Dr. Baxter is my Dr. and she's nice. I'm troubled by the articles telling how well she's gone from psychiatric patient to psychiatrist and how she listens intently as her patients tell of their problems. That isn't at all my experience. Dr. Baxter makes it clear she does NOT do talk therapy. You get a 15-minute appt. where you get prescriptions. If you do start talking, her eyes constantly dart from your face to the clock next to you. I've not improved after many years & am looking for a new Dr.
in Clarksville, TN |
Dr Baxter is amazing. I have been seeing her since 2010 for treatment for BPII, Agoraphobia, PTSD and Anxiety. She is very knowledgeable in medications as we have tried many over the years to get to a good place 4 years ago and I have been healthy depression free for 4 years. She is amazing to talk to. My husband and I both go to my appointments and she looks forward to seeing both of us. With her having mental illness I feel very safe in her hands for my treatment. Her staff is GREAT!!
in Nashville, Tennessee |
Dr Baxter is unique as she is actually Bi-Polar herself, which led to her pursuit of psychiatry. I have been seeing her for five years and she is always punctual and professional. You must remember that psychiatrists are primarily trained to administer drugs- not be therapists. She is excellent in her knowledge of drugs, but you will need a separate counselor or therapist in addition, or you will be disappointed. She also offers Saturday appointments, which is a major plus for me.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr Baxter is a very knowledgeable and compassionate physician. Any time I have needed her or had any questions, she has called me back directly, promptly, and THANKED me for calling! Dr. Baxter is ALWAYS on time and I have never had to wait to see her! This is VERY RARE in the medical setting! Dr. Baxter is the best Psychiatrist that my family or I have ever seen. She has a true gift as a skilled Psychiatrist. I highly recommend Dr. Baxter!
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Baxter cancelled and rescheduled two appointments within two weeks. I went without medication for almost two weeks, even after having called and left all my information with the receptionist THREE TIMES. The pharmacy was unable to get it touch with her, and I suffered medically from being unable to reach the doctor to refill my script. Receptionist is INCOMPETENT AND UNACCEPTABLE. I work in healthcare, and was severely disappointed with this office.
Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Baxter, MD?
Are you Dr. Baxter?