Family Medicine  |
Dr. Elissa Gartenberg, DO
Dr. Gartenberg is originally from the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan. She maintains her mid-western values but has made Arizona her home since 2003.

7522 E 1st St

Scottsdale, AZ 85251

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Self Pay

Learn about Dr. Gartenberg

Dr. Elissa B. Gartenberg is a board-certified family physician and medical acupuncturist who practices complete medical care for the whole family including children, teens, adults and senior citizens. Dr. Gartenberg is a professional speaker and soon-to-be author! Dr. Gartenberg practices medicine in a holistic way; incorporating alternative therapies in addition to traditional medicine. "I treat my patients, as I would treat my beloved family members. I believe there is more to healing than just taking pills." Dr. Gartenberg believes that while medications may be important for the treatment of many diseases, there is more to healing than indicated in her medical text books. Dr. Gartenberg offers a new perspective on chronic illnesses. Dr. Gartenberg believes in preventative medicine and routine health care screening. Dr. Gartenberg diagnoses and treats a variety of problems including acute infections and injuries, cancer screening, diabetes care, management of chronic illnesses, gynecological issues, etc. Dr. Gartenberg also performs many procedures including skin biopsies, joint injections, trigger point injections, osteopathic manipulation, Chinese cupping, and medical acupuncture."

Dr. Gartenberg's Experience

Dr. Gartenberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Abscess
  • Adverse Drug Reactions
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Constipation
  • Peripheral Neuropathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Premenstrual Syndrome
  • Rash
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Skin Disorders

• Joint Injection
  • Manipulation Adjustment of Back and Neck
  • Medical Acupuncture
  • Mole Removal
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Pap Smear
  • Urine Pregnancy Test
  • Wart Removal
  • Well Male Examination
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • Mayo Clinic Scottsdale
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Helms Institute For Medical Acupuncture
    Other Education | Completed 2007

Dr. Gartenberg has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Gartenberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gartenberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gartenberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gartenberg to family and friends
Dr. Gartenberg's Performance
Phoenix, AZ |
She treated me as a whole person not just a problem! I went in with high blood pressure and left with normal blood pressure!!! I thought for sure she would put me on medication but she proved to me my anxiety was making my blood pressure high! She had me do a self-hypnosis and my blood pressure went to normal!!!!!! I'm in my 20's and didn't want to take medication. I need to work on my stress and she is going to help me. I can't give Dr. Gartenberg enough praises! Thank you!
Scottsdale, AZ |
I can't thank Dr. Gartenberg enough for saving my husband's life!!! She is on top of her game and is a very talented physician.
in Mesa, AZ |
This is a great innovative doctor. Staff is caring. I like that the care is personable - long non-rushed visits and you don't wait for hours. I can email the doctor directly. I went to a hospital run group before and waited over an hour to see the doctor for 5 minutes! They only let me discuss one problem. I can bring my list to Dr. G and she answers all my concerns.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Very thorough and caring physician. The staff is very friendly. My insurance covered the visit. I heard the cash pay prices are really reasonable. You can make appointments online.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I went in for a physical. It took so long to fill out medical history that ended up waiting for close to an hour to be seen. I recommend forms be mailed to patients. I liked? her relaxed style. Very knowledgeable. Good listener.
Chandler, AZ |
Be prepared to be charged as much as $650 for just an office visit. Very unaffordable.
We adhere to contracted billing rates with insurance companies. We do not bill any more than any other contracted provider would for the same services. The insurance companies discount the amount paid to us. We ONLY charge the patient according to the contracted rates. We also offer very reasonable cash pay fees for patients without insurance. In the history of the practice, we have never had any one office visit cost 650! This commentary is unfounded. Please call your insurance to explain.
in scottsdale, az |
Nice Doctor! Love the office! It feels like home!
Phoenix, AZ |
I've been seeing Dr. Gartenberg at for several years. I actually met her at a previous office and followed her when she opened Modern Family Medicine. It is so difficult to find a primary care doctor that actually has knowledge of supplements and other types of medicine other than traditional. She has always been a caring and attentive physician.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
It has been years since I have been Blessed to find someone that I can really talk to she is considerate she listens and explains what course to take to getting me to follow and make me the best I can be. If anyone is looking for a Dr. that is doesn't treat you like a number don't hesitate to call her. I would just like to say Thank you! Thank you for taking time with me?? The staff outstanding very helpful. God Bless you all. I'm a female age 62 awesome!!!
Dr. Gartenberg makes you feel very comfortable talking with her about any problems you may have. She is always there when needed and calls back right away. It is so reassuring that there still are doctors out there who genuinely care about their patients. I would highly recommended Dr. Gartenberg to anyone seeking great healthcare!
in Phoenix, Arizona |
Dr Gartenberg was an excellent diagnostician She saved my life She was kind and compassionate She spent time listening to my complaints and addressing the issues. I feel so much better now Thank you Dr Gartenberg
Have you seen Dr. Elissa Gartenberg, DO?

Visit Dr. Gartenberg

Evening
Dr. Gartenberg accepts 9 insurance carriers
    Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA