Dr. Elina Burstyn, DO

Dr. Elina Burstyn, DO

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female

Capital Region OB/GYN LLC 711 Troy Schenectady Rd Ste 205, Latham, NY 12110 Get Directions

Dr. Burstyn specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology and practices in Latham, NY. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Burstyn? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Burstyn's Experience

See how Dr. Burstyn's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Burstyn

Dr. Burstyn accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Burstyn has admitting privileges.

Dr. Burstyn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burstyn to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Burstyn's Performance
Dr. Burstyn and her entire staff are truly the best at what they do. I had my first child last spring and I had such a wonderful experience through the pregnancy, the birth and postpartum. They take the time with each patient at each appointment to make sure all questions and concerns are thoroughly discussed. I am currently expecting my second child and feel so comfortable and confident with the staff at dr. Burstyn's office. I am so happy and so lucky to have found dr. Burstyn.
in Saratoga Springs, NY |
Dr. Burstyn delivered both of my kids and made it the best experience of my life. She answered all of my questions and made the overall pregnancy enjoyable. The friendly nurses and front desk staff made the environment pleasant and inviting.
Albany, NY |
Wait time is beyond 45 minutes after you check in... Dr. Burstyn needs to work on her bedside manners.
in Schenectady, NY |
Dr. Burstyn herself delivered my son and I felt that she was confident but not too much so, and also very up-front and personable with me and my family. During my labor there was some confusion with my dilation and whether or not I needed further care but when she saw me next she took one look and ordered I get a c-section to keep my son healthy, relieving our concerns. Nurses and PAs were great and front desk accommodated me by helping schedule as many early morning appointments as possible
in Albany, NY |
At firsthe I was not fond of going to Dr. Burstyn probably because I was used Theo having a male OB/GYN. But I ended up loving her and the whole group. She was wonderful when delivering my son and very caring. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for an OB/GYN
in Waterford, ny |
I started going here a few years ago because it was recommended. I find the front office staff to be rude. It was suggested to have surgery that I later discovered was not necessary. Beware...ask for copies of all reports and test before you move forward with anything. Leaving message for Dr. - Getting a return call is difficult. I don't trust this office any longer.
in Niskayuna, NY |
I have been a patient of this practice/Dr.Burstyn for a few years and have had 2 babies within the last 2 years. I recently had a C-section to deliver my 2nd child with Dr.Burstyn doing the delivery. Her confidence in her job and wonderful bedside manner calmed my nerves and made all the difference in my experience. I must say I've seen all the providers in this office and they are all great.
in Niskayuna, NY |
Dr. B is fabulous. Encouraging & supportive throughout my entire pregnancy. I was admitted before my scheduled induction due to preeclampsia & needed a c section. I became very nervous before the procedure and she kept telling me I was going to do great, and we were going to meet my baby. She held my hand when I was given the epidural, continuing to be supportive & encouraging. She performed the C section and did an amazing job. She provided excellent follow up during my hospital stay. Love her!
Troy, NY |
The doctor and the staff are simply phenomenal. Everyone is warm Andy pleasant. All provides are very thorough and caringl
in Latham, NY |
Sue was one of the best practitioners I have ever seen. She was genuine and unhurried, and not only addressed all of my concerns, but asked about little things I hadn't thought of but am so glad to have addressed. Looking forward to my next visit:).
Albany, NY |
I started with this practice after moving to the area in 2014. They were extremely accommodating and helpful when scheduling my appointments and helping me get records from my previous office downstate. Everyone is very friendly and I felt like the physicians truly cared about me and my wellbeing. I would absolutely refer my friends and family to this practice!
in Clifton Park, NY |
She encouraged me to go and seek second and third opinion because I was not comfortable and ready for a procedure she recommended. She said that it was MY choice and I was the only person who should be comfortable with that decisions. She actually encouraged me to go elsewhere if I felt that someone else would offer me what I was looking for. She never tried to sell me anything or talk me into doing something I had doubts about. She is great!
in Watervliet , NY |
This is my second child and I switched to Dr. BURSTYN for this pregnancy due and i could not have had a better experience. I would recommend her to anyone who needs and OBGYN. I can not expeess enough how great Dr. BURSTYN made my experience and helped me bring my beautiful baby boy ibto this world.
in Cohoes NY |
I have nothing but great things to say about this practice. I had a twin pregnancy so had more visits/ultrasounds than someone pregnant with one child might. I developed a great relationship with the office, specifically the ultrasound tech Erin. She was amazing. My water broke at 34 weeks and Dr Fickies delivered my twins. The procedure went great, and I've recovered nicely. Dr. Burstyn followed up with me in the hospital and had a great bedside manner. I highly recommend this practice :)
in Ballston Spa |
This my third pregnancy here and I couldn't be happier with this amazing doctor and wonderful staff members that work here. They were always friendly and helpful to me I'm scheduling appointments I needed and working through some issues with the hospital and labs because of my insurance.
Loudonville |
Caring. Girls in the office are friendly and spent an hour on the phone with insurance company to get me approved for a test at the ImageCare downstairs. They got me in right a way and got back to me the same day about results.
in Saratoga Springs |
Sue Koller is best bet to get in and out on time. Everyone in the office was nice and polite and quickly faxed my disability paperwork for my pregnancy.
in Loudonville, NY |
I would give her 10 stars if I could. My quality of life changes drastically because of procedure she performed. I did not expect such a drastic change after suffering for 3 years. God bless her, her staff, and their families!!
in Niskayuna, NY |
We just wanted to say thank you delivering our son and making our entire pregnancy experience unforgettable. Erica and I will never forget your professionalism. YOU ARE A CLASS ACT!!!!
in Niskayuna, NY |
I feel like I am seeing a friend who I can trust when I come to her office. She has my best interests in mind and I would trust her with my life when it comes to medical decisions. She delivered all my children and pretty much saved my mothers life by giving her very early diagnosis and risks associated with her condition.
in Ballston Spa, NY |
The office personnel is very rude. When I was trying to rectify an invoice, the supervisor of billing hung up on the phone with me. This was the first time I had called with a problem in over a year. Dr. Burstyn is very difficult to get an appointment with. I decided to try another office and would not recommend anyone going to this practice.
in Loudonville, NY |
Very pleased with my appointment. My questions were answered to the fullest extent.
in Latham, NY |
Very considerate doctor. Scheduled my procedure herself when I had a couple of issues with the hospital scheduling. She is very well respected there.
in Colonie, NY |
This office is awful for prenatal care. Doctors do not take much seriously. Seems like they are on auto-pilot, probably because of too many patients. There are signs that say "emergencies happen often which can waits" - probably because the patients are nearly neglected until the emergency occurs. I'm still waiting on test results from 12 days ago relating to my miscarriage-prone pregnancy. Called about severe pain, was put on hold and hung up on. Called back, left message. No response yet.
Latham,NY |
Dr Burstyn is smart and kind. She has great bedside manner and her office is beautiful. I recommend her to everyone I know.
in Schenectady, NY |
Dr. Burstyn is an exceptional specialist. She has been truly professional to the highest degree from my first OB appointment to my delivery day. The office is also great, they always try to help and handle everything professionally
in Niskayuna, NY |
Professional and Caring Woman! All of my concerns were addressed and questions were patently answered. I completely trust her and her PAs. Everyone I met there was compassionate and professional.
in Troy, NY |
Their office staff handled a sensitive situation so incredibly poorly. Then, they decided to terminate me as a patient because I COULDN'T shell out the nearly $400 they were asking for in order for me to even have my appointment. I offered to pay $150, and they told me they would only take $200. I understand that they need to get paid, but the way this was handled was disgusting, especially the letter I received. I will never recommend this place to anyone else.
in Albany, NY |
I had an emergency situation that required me to have surgery. Although I was told their will be a wait, once I saw Dr. Burstyn, she was very understanding and patient with all of my questions. After a nerve wracking day, it was a relief to see such a great doctor.
in Schuylerville, NY |
Dr. Burstyn is investing all of herself in providing excellent care. Amazing doctor - will definitely recommend.
in Albany, NY |
She is very knowledgeable and spends a good amount of time with you. The wait time however is long, both out in the waiting room and then again in the exam room.
in Schenectady, NY |
Thank you for all your kindness+smiles during my pregnancy:). You all really are the best!
in Lathem, NY |
Very knowledgable and I have great trust in her and her staff.
in Glenville, NY |
Dr.B is awesome!
in Scotia, NY |
Waited for more than 20 min.Office staff is friendly and explained that the wait was due to emergency. She answered all my questions and I never felt rushed.
in Schenectady, NY |
She is absolutely awesome and I love her nurse Meaghan!
in Latham, NY |
Amazing Doctor and overall experience! The only issue I had was with the reminder message. It was difficult to understand what the person was saying (she has an accent).
in Scotia, NY |
Dr. Burstyn delivered both of my children. One of my pregnancies was extremely high risk and I also had to go to Dr. Margono at St. Peter's who is also amazing. In my opinion there are very few physicians out there who can match her professionalism, caring, and ethics.
in Ballston Spa, NY |
She is very smart and has a great bedside manner. You know you are in good hands when you ask her questions and listen to her offering you different available options. I am very pleased with my experience at her office.
in Schenectady, NY |
I recently transferred to Dr. Burstyn's office. She is very honest and direct and has your best interest in mind. I am very happy with her office.
Albany, NY |
Very positive experience. She's a wonderful doctor. The office is great.
in Niskayuna, NY |
She is the best GYN I have ever seen. Wait time was more than 30 min. You need to improve this aspect.
in Saratoga Springs, NY |
Doctor's and Nurse's response was very nice. There was warmth in their behavior.
in Albany, NY |
She always makes me feel at ease and comfortable at my appointments.
in Watervliet, NY |
Caring Staff and Doctor's
in Guilderland, NY |
DR. Burstyn is very friendly her skilled is excellent in her profession . she describe answer very genitally and give us proper way to result.i preferd every one to this Dr. and her staff also very gently and tacking care.
in Saratoga Springs, NY |
Everyone is friendly and knows their stuff
in Schenectady, NY |
She is so professional--patiently answered all my questions. I would also like to point out that her nursing staff is really competent and pleasant.
in Albany, NY |
Competent and genuinely caring doctor. I would absolutely recommend her for both OB and GYN issues
in Albany, NY |
I only have great things to say about Dr. Burstyn and her office. Everyone I came in contact with was extremely helpful and considerate. I got a very quick call back when I needed to talk to the nurse and she answered all my questions. She followed up with my request and spoke to Dr. Burstyn about several additional questions I had and got back to me very promptly. Thank you!
Have you seen Dr. Elina Burstyn, DO?
Are you Dr. Burstyn?

Compare Dr. Burstyn

Dr. Burstyn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Patients Choice Award, 2009
    • Patients Choice Award, 2008
    • Patient's Choice Award, 2010, 01/01/2011

Dr. Burstyn has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Burstyn's Board Certifications

• Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

Galloway Fellow, Memorial Sloan Kattering Medical Center

Completed in 2001

• Korean
  • Russian

Dr. Burstyn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burstyn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• C-Section
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Fetal Monitoring
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sympathectomy
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC