Dr. Elias Mavrofrides, MD

Practices Ophthalmology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 52 reviews.
Author:
One of the best retina specialist period. Been going to Lady Lake office for several years now with macular degeneration. Great personality and concern for his patiences. Explains everything. Compassionate doctor
Author:
My glaucoma specialist recommended Dr. Mavrofrides as an outstanding surgeon who would be able to operate and fix my rare condition. From the moment he walked into his examining room I felt confidence. The staff had done some tests and pictures, he talked with me and then called the referring Dr. He returned to the room full of energy and confidence for the surgical task. How relieved and excited I was! The surgery was successful and 6 months later I had the other eye operated. I no longer need drops and my vision is excellent. Dr. Mavrofrides personality makes going to a doctor a very pleasant experience. He is truly special!
Author:
This doctor is the best ever. He will let you debate all you want and then respond and he is always right. he is Especially adept at handling difficult patients and understands their fears without getting offended. I wouldn't trust any other retina specialist he is the best.
Author:
Great service all with a smile
Author:
It was awesome. He is so understanding, explains everything in layman terms and takes the fear away. I would recommend him to anyone. He is the best retina specialist I know of. Glad to call him my "Doctor!" Betty Cunningham, The Villages
Author:
Dr Mav, A++, is truly outstanding, the best, the total package, highly skilled and communicative, and I have high expectations. Dr Mav and FL Retina exceed them all. My retina physician for life.
Author:
Dr. Mavrofrides has helped me with my eye problems for the last 4 years. He has been very professional, kind, knowledgeable, supportive. I totally trust him with my eyes and recommend him to anyone who asks me about eye problems. He is the best eye doctor that I have ever been to.
Author:
Dr. Elias has my complete trust in his caring for my oracular degeneration. He leaves no questions unanswered and takes all the rime needed for the patient to understand the procedures and probable results. He is a personable fellow, thorough and efficient.
Author:
Already have sent someone Dr Mav is the best. I know he saved my husband's vision. Plus we nver felt rushed when he was with us.
Author:
I went to Dr Mav for a second opinion after being frightened to death by another doctor. He was completely thorough and reassuring that the previous concern was completely unwarranted. I left with answers to all my concerns and so relieved. Entire office was amazing. They got me in very quickly because of my concerns.
He is the best.
Author:
Dr. Mav is one in a million. He performed laser surgery for two retinal tears on me after cataract surgery and managed to keep my vision in that eye 20/20. God willing, it will remain as good. I would not hesitate to recommend him. He listens actively and you know you're in the best hands.He is worth the wait.
Author:
Very professional and personable.
Author:
Dr. Mav is amazing, understanding, a great listener and a miracle worker. I was sent to see him post cataract surgery after being diagnosed with endophthalmitis. So scary! He saved my sight and my eye. He is the best!
Author:
Great first experience! New to the area and this was my first appointment. Dr. Mav. listened to me, actually read my records and the information I brought with me, and answered all my questions. I feel confident that I will like the practice and be well taken care of.
Author:
I felt very comfortable in my care and treatment plan with Dr. Mavrofriedes
Author:
Explains everything clearly, taking time for questions.
Author:
Absolutely excellent care from an outstanding staff and physician. I was referred on an emergency basis and I couldn't be more pleased with the treatment and the outcome. I wouldn't hesitate coming back to see Dr. Mavrofrides and the staff at Florida Retina.
Author:
This was our first visit with Dr. Mavrofrides and we were very pleased with him and his staff. They did numerous tests during that appointment and treated the problem as well on same day.
Author:
Doctor Mavrofrides is a superb surgeon and very special type of doctor, In addition to his skill in repairing my detached retina his bedside manner is superb. His explanations before surgery were clear and easily understood. He is truly a physician who cares and as a surgeon he is an artist. Thanks so much Doctor Mav.
Author:
A long drive for me but well worth the driving time. He is very thorough, like many docs, but he is extremely thorough. He spends a lot of time explaining the situation. He is very like-able and personable. His medical staff is also excellent and better than most. The wait time is long but it is OK for a once a year exam because the service is so good. They should schedule fewer patients per unit time.
Author:
Dr. Mav has been everything one would expect from their provider. Professional, friendly, effective and knowledgable. Very good experience from first visit to discharge.
Author:
Dr.Mavrofrides Is a wonderful and kind doctor.He is very respectful to older patients especially. I would recommend him without a doubt. The staff are very professional and sweet .
Author:
Having had surgery in Atlanta, GA for a detached retina one year ago (just after I had moved to Ocala), I had gone back for follow up visits with that surgeon for the past year. (I moved here from GA but was visiting when it happened.) I started looking for a doctor here and found Dr. Mav. His reviews were excellent, so I made an appt to see him in Lady Lake. I was very pleased with his evaluation and the course of treatment. He was very thorough and explained the procedures completely.
Author:
My aging Husband has several issues with his eyes: Macular degeneration and cataracts, and we needed guidance for the order of steps in which we needed to take to make it easier on him. Dr. Mavrofrides was able to tell us what he could help my husband with and which eye should be treated first. It made all the difference in the smooth treatment and long term care of his eye sight. My husband loves to read and after successful care, he is doing so well. Thank you Dr. M! -Tina
Author:
The staff of Dr. Mav was awesome yesterday. I have diabetic neuropathy. Not only did I have a normal check-up for a post-cataract removal (performed by Dr. Thomas six weeks ago), Dr. Mav also noticed some swelling in my right eye. As a result, I had a Fluorescein Angiography taken and the young lady who performed the procedure was very kind and tolerant. Finally, Dr. Mav gave me an injection behind my eye to help relieve the swelling. I appreciate the courteous and friendly staff. Thank you.
Author:
Our 11 Year old daughter was diagnosed with Dislocated lenses at age 2, we had been to Baskin Palmer Eye Institute and were told, our child would likely never see better than 20/80 and 20/100 corrected. We met Dr. Mavrofrides through a referral and had already discussed surgery, at age of 8 with another group, but decided against it, He convinced us, he could improve her vision, 2 Eye Surgeries each of 3 procedures over a period of 2 months, has given her 20/25 20/30 vision. God Bless this Man
Author:
We have made only 2 visits to FRI. Dr. Mavrofrides has created a tremendous confidence in his approach to my husband's eye problem. I'm confident that with faith in God & Dr. Mav, we would pass through our difficult time.