Dr. Elias Mavrofrides, MD

Dr. Elias Mavrofrides, MD

Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Elias Mavrofrides, MD is a vitreoretinal disease & surgery doctor who practices in Lake Mary, FL. He has been practicing for 19 years.

1025 Primera Blvd

Lake Mary, FL 32746

Learn about Dr. Mavrofrides

See how frequently Dr. Mavrofrides performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Retinal Telangiectasia
Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
Uveitis and Iridocyclitis

Dr. Mavrofrides's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Mavrofrides "As your Retinologist, my primary goal is to provide you the very best in medical and surgical evaluation, care, and treatment for vitreo-retinal diseases that threaten your vision. My over-riding goal is to maintain your sight and allow you to carry out the life you wish to live."

• Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery

• Blindness
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoblastoma
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Removal of Intraocular Foreign Body
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Baylor Col of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Bascom Palmer Eye Institute Anne Bates Leach Eye Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Mavrofrides has no media or publications listed.

• Greek

Dr. Mavrofrides does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mavrofrides and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mavrofrides' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mavrofrides to family and friends
Dr. Mavrofrides Says:

Dr. Mavrofrides and Florida Retina Institute would like to thank you for completing this survey. We strive to continuously provide excellent patient care and to treat our patients with professional respect in a patient-friendly environment. We value your opinion to ensure the quality care our patients deserve. We appreciate your trust and confidence in us.

Dr. Mavrofrides' Performance
in Sanford |
Dr. Mav is one in a million. He performed laser surgery for two retinal tears on me after cataract surgery and managed to keep my vision in that eye 20/20. God willing, it will remain as good. I would not hesitate to recommend him. He listens actively and you know you're in the best hands.He is worth the wait.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Very professional and personable.
Mulberry, FL |
Dr. Mav is amazing, understanding, a great listener and a miracle worker. I was sent to see him post cataract surgery after being diagnosed with endophthalmitis. So scary! He saved my sight and my eye. He is the best!
in Leesburg, Florida |
Great first experience! New to the area and this was my first appointment. Dr. Mav. listened to me, actually read my records and the information I brought with me, and answered all my questions. I feel confident that I will like the practice and be well taken care of.
in Lake Mary, FL |
I felt very comfortable in my care and treatment plan with Dr. Mavrofriedes
in Deland, FL |
Explains everything clearly, taking time for questions.
in Lake Mary, FL |
Absolutely excellent care from an outstanding staff and physician. I was referred on an emergency basis and I couldn't be more pleased with the treatment and the outcome. I wouldn't hesitate coming back to see Dr. Mavrofrides and the staff at Florida Retina.
in Eustis, FL |
This was our first visit with Dr. Mavrofrides and we were very pleased with him and his staff. They did numerous tests during that appointment and treated the problem as well on same day.
in Eustis, FL |
Doctor Mavrofrides is a superb surgeon and very special type of doctor, In addition to his skill in repairing my detached retina his bedside manner is superb. His explanations before surgery were clear and easily understood. He is truly a physician who cares and as a surgeon he is an artist. Thanks so much Doctor Mav.
in Orlando, FL |
A long drive for me but well worth the driving time. He is very thorough, like many docs, but he is extremely thorough. He spends a lot of time explaining the situation. He is very like-able and personable. His medical staff is also excellent and better than most. The wait time is long but it is OK for a once a year exam because the service is so good. They should schedule fewer patients per unit time.
in The Villagers, FL. |
Dr. Mav has been everything one would expect from their provider. Professional, friendly, effective and knowledgable. Very good experience from first visit to discharge.
in De Leon Springs |
Dr.Mavrofrides Is a wonderful and kind doctor.He is very respectful to older patients especially. I would recommend him without a doubt. The staff are very professional and sweet .
in Ocala, FL |
Having had surgery in Atlanta, GA for a detached retina one year ago (just after I had moved to Ocala), I had gone back for follow up visits with that surgeon for the past year. (I moved here from GA but was visiting when it happened.) I started looking for a doctor here and found Dr. Mav. His reviews were excellent, so I made an appt to see him in Lady Lake. I was very pleased with his evaluation and the course of treatment. He was very thorough and explained the procedures completely.
in Ocoee, FL |
My aging Husband has several issues with his eyes: Macular degeneration and cataracts, and we needed guidance for the order of steps in which we needed to take to make it easier on him. Dr. Mavrofrides was able to tell us what he could help my husband with and which eye should be treated first. It made all the difference in the smooth treatment and long term care of his eye sight. My husband loves to read and after successful care, he is doing so well. Thank you Dr. M! -Tina
in Orlando, FL |
The staff of Dr. Mav was awesome yesterday. I have diabetic neuropathy. Not only did I have a normal check-up for a post-cataract removal (performed by Dr. Thomas six weeks ago), Dr. Mav also noticed some swelling in my right eye. As a result, I had a Fluorescein Angiography taken and the young lady who performed the procedure was very kind and tolerant. Finally, Dr. Mav gave me an injection behind my eye to help relieve the swelling. I appreciate the courteous and friendly staff. Thank you.
in Orlando, FL |
If you have a child with Marfans https://www.marfan.org/about/signs then Dr. Mavrofrides, is the only Doctor/Surgeon I know in Orlando, with PROVEN experience, improving the vision of Marfans Patients. He did so for our 11 year old who was diagnosed in 2006 with dislocated lenses http://www.tsbvi.edu/publications/43-archives/982-dislocated-lens and Marfans and now, we have an 11 year old who was 20/80-20/100 vision now after Dr. Mavrofrides 2 eye surgeries, he has her at 20/25 and 20/30...
in Orlando, FL |
Our 11 Year old daughter was diagnosed with Dislocated lenses at age 2, we had been to Baskin Palmer Eye Institute and were told, our child would likely never see better than 20/80 and 20/100 corrected. We met Dr. Mavrofrides through a referral and had already discussed surgery, at age of 8 with another group, but decided against it, He convinced us, he could improve her vision, 2 Eye Surgeries each of 3 procedures over a period of 2 months, has given her 20/25 20/30 vision. God Bless this Man
in Tavares FL |
We have made only 2 visits to FRI. Dr. Mavrofrides has created a tremendous confidence in his approach to my husband's eye problem. I'm confident that with faith in God & Dr. Mav, we would pass through our difficult time.
Have you seen Dr. Elias Mavrofrides, MD?
Are you Dr. Mavrofrides?