Dr. Elias Fanous Jr, MD

Dr. Elias Fanous Jr, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

ELIAS I FANOUS JR MD PA 921 Shiloh Rd Ste C300 Tyler, TX 75703 Get Directions

Dr Fanous is great because HE LISTENS!

Dr Fanous cares about his patients. His goal is patient satisfaction and well-being. Once you see him youbwill wonder why you didn't discover him sooner!

Dr. Fanous Jr' Experience

See how Dr. Fanous Jr' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fanous Jr

Dr. Fanous Jr accepts 36 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Fanous Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Fanous Jr' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fanous Jr to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Fanous Jr Says:

Be critical looking at online reviews. The more reviews the more reliable the review.

Dr. Fanous Jr' Performance
Columbus, OH |
Its hard to say since I've only spoken to him 5 minutes at the time he performed a procedure, but the other personal reviews are positive. I've only seen the PA in office who was nice enough. My issue is with the small office without enough room to seat patients and the long wait. I am a professional and have to make up the time I miss. There seems to be a lack of respect for patients' time. Software issues with prescriptions (wrong pharmacy every time). Office experience is unacceptable.
in Wills Point TX |
Dr. Fanous is very easy to talk to, he listens, and explains where you can understand it, he cares about his paitent's, in my opinion he is a 10 out of 10, and will have no problem recommending his services to anybody
in Chandler, TX |
Had a very nice experience with Dr. Fanous and his dedicated staff. From start to finish my procedure went extremely well. Dr. Fanous, Tara, Steve, Chris, and Janis took very, very good care of me. Staff members who's names I did not know were very nice as well. Thank you all so very, very, much.
in Henderson,Texas |
Extremely professional. Has provided excellent care for me. Highly recommend him.
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Fanous took the time to address all of my health concerns. His staff was also very helpful. The pre-colon prep was not bad at all. The whole process from start to finish was 5 star treatment.
in TX |
My husband recently had a procedure done by Dr Fanous and we are beyond impressed. He was very attentive and detailed. He took his time and answered all our questions. Great experience with this doctor. I will highly recommend him to anyone in need of a GI doctor !!
in Texas |
Was not told when I made an appointment to see Dr. Fanous that I would be seeing a nurse practitioner instead of the doctor. Did not realize this until I was called back after being made to wait for 2 hours. Walked out after realizing this only to be billed for 75.00 later as a no show. Tiny waiting area with no room for patients and family to sit. Sweltering heat inside as well. Many people complained about the wait times. Would not recommend this facility to anyone.
Betty, I am very sorry about your experience. My office manager told me you used profanity with her on the phone. Also, not nice to lie about the facts. You left right after you found out you were seeing our NP and didn't "wait for 2 hours" (why would you) We offered to reschedule you with the Doctor but you refused. Our waiting room is not large because we get patients back to see the doctor quickly. Why would our waiting room be "sweltering hot" in early spring. NOT NICE!
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Fanous has been my G.I. doctor for over 5 years. Thankfully I haven't had to visit too often but every experience has been a pleasant one. He is very thorough and informative. I would recommend him to friends and family, and have done so already.
Tyler, TX |
This afternoon I was suppose to have an New Patient apt w/ this office, and instead I had to walk out of the door very upset in tears. Why you ask? As I approached the front desk I was told my copay office visit was 350.00. First I had to stop in my tracks, and say no one called me w/ this amount. The lady at the front very rudely told me I should have known my high deductible price, and that my copay for my first visit would be a lot. How would I have none my office visit $$. Not happy!!!!
Wow, another 1 star review because we couldn't provide "free" care. We cannot control what kind of insurance policy you purchase. You might want to speak with your insurance agent and get a lower deductible. Offices are requiring payment up front because people are getting services and not paying later. I is unfortunate that good doctors are getting bad reviews because of financial issues without acknowledgement for providing good care. You get what you pay for...
in Tyler, TX |
Office staff are great. Very professional. Dr. Fanous spends a lot of time with you explains things so you can understand.
in Tyler, TX |
Great doctor! Very friendly. Listens. Was able to help me get better!
Tyler, TX |
warm and caring, chose the right doctor! Don't believe any of the 1 star reviews.
in Tyler, TX |
I called the Drs office and explained to them that I drive an 18 wheeler and was broken down on the side of the road and would not be able to make the appointment that they had scheduled, without consulting me to see if I could make it, and now they are sending me to collections for not being able to make the appointment. Pretty crappy. Wouldn't see this so called Dr if he was the last one on earth. Only cares about making $...
in Tyler, TX |
cold and calculating. he's all about the money
This doctor is warm and caring with his primary focus on patient care and satisfaction. Very suspicious that this review was written by one of his competitors in town. Be wary of any 1 star review! You just might be missing out on one of the best GI doctors in town!
Have you seen Dr. Elias Fanous Jr, MD?

Compare Dr. Fanous Jr

Dr. Fanous Jr' Care Philosophy

Dr Fanous is great because HE LISTENS!

Dr. Fanous Jr says...

Colonoscopy, reflux, abominal pain, liver disease, etc

Dr. Fanous Jr says...

20 years of experience with great safety record.

Dr. Fanous Jr says...

Dr. Fanous Jr' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology

Dr. Fanous Jr has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fanous Jr' Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Scott And White Mem Hospital

Completed in 1992

Lsu New Orleans / Ochsner

Completed in 1994

Abilene Christian University (Acu)

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Fanous Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fanous Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Biliary Drainage
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopic Ultrasound
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures