Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD

Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMale

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Frisco, TX and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from The University of Texas - Southwestern Medical School Dallas|University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas in 1994. He is affiliated with Medical City Frisco. His office accepts new patients.

Medical City Hip & Knee Specialists Frisco

Medical City Hip & Knee Specialists Frisco5575 Frisco Square Blvd Ste 490 Frisco, TX 75034

• Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Medical City Healthcare

Dr. Hopkins' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hopkins

Absolute best orthopedic surgeon ever
Most ethical, empathetic, compassionate, knowledgeable, highly skilled surgeon! I have had more than my share of surgeries and had a botched total knee replacement by another surgeon that Dr. Hopkins fixed and even made better. He should be the first choice for all original knee surgery and is the king of revisions. His entire practice at Medical City Hip & Knee Specialists Frisco is 5 star. Excellent customer service, awesome staff, spectacular experience. I have relied on Healthgrades myself in the past so I know it is a valuable tool so I say this all in complete sincerity and honesty. Look no further if you're going to have any knee or hip surgery. Dr. Hopkins is the one and only choice.
Nancy in Dallas – Oct 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
Never use this arrogant “God” complex Dr.
After having several surgeries from an auto accident previously i visited Dr Hopkins. I had several questions and he was very quick to anger. His statement to me was “other Dr’s have no idea what they are doing, you can go back to them if you want. I am a level 4 and they are waaaay down here”. I explained i was just asking questions and Dr Hopkins stated “you can either listen to me or find another Dr who doesn’t know what they are doing”. Extremely arrogant, egotistical impossible to build a patient physician relationship with. Told me i needed an immediate full knee replacement and full hip replacement. After visiting two other orthopedic Dr’s in Frisco Tx Baylor my knee nor my hip needed to be replaced. Please take the extra time to find a good surgeon who is not so full of himself that he refuse’s to listen or answer your questions. Staff also rude and when records were requested from other Dr’s were told “They had an employee who must have misplaced them or threw them away”.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Frisco Tx – Oct 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
I highly recommend Dr Hopkins.
All of my visits to Dr Hopkins have been productive and very informative.
Irvin McCoy – Sep 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
He gave me my life back.
Dr. Hopkins has given my life back to me. I spent a year in pain. The morning of surgery I was in so much pain, but when I woke up, the first thing I noticed was that I no longer had the pulling sensation in my abdomen, and the knot was gone. I woke up in less pain than I had been in 8 hours earlier. I was able to walk in to his office for my 2 week check up and I was walking, with a walker, but I was actually able to walk! When the X-rays were taken to verify placement, I could pick up my leg and put my foot on the step on my own. It had been almost a year since I was able to do that. I haven’t even started therapy and I am already hitting goals. I 100% owe this to Dr. Hopkins. It was his knowledge and understanding that has made it able for me to get my life back.
Amy – Aug 25, 2022
Excellent provider
After years of having hip and back pain two hips replaced and four back surgeries I decided to find a doctor that could help relieve my pain I met with Dr Hopkins who after taking a X-ray of my hips told me he needed a CT done. We reviewed the CT doctor Hopkins pointed out my problems A bone spur rubbing on the hip joint and scare tissue. Dr Hopkins did revision surgery on the right hip 3 weeks ago. My pain has dropped to nearly nothing. I highly recommend Dr Hopkins.
DS – Apr 01, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
Dr. Hopkins performed 2 total hip replacements on me 2 1/2 months ago. He is an excellent surgeon. His explanations are thorough. He spends time with you so you understand fully what to expect. His experience and personable demeaner are outstanding. I highly recommend him and will definitely use him again; if I need another surgery in his expertise.
Sue – Jul 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
After 2 previous knee surgeries, I still suffered with pain. My Ortho Doctor, whom I loved decided it was time to tap out and he referred me to Dr. Hopkins. He said he was the best he knew. I had both knees replaced, one month between the two surgeries. It was a long road and for sure wasn't easy but I'm finally at the place where I can say that I'm glad I went through with it. It was a tough decision, as I was only 40 at the time, but I'm so much better! It will be a year in October and I am very pleased so far. If your are lucky enough to get to see Serge for PT, that's an added bonus. Serge and his staff are the best! He and Dr. Hopkins are a great team.
Clarissa Bufford – Jul 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
Dr. Hopkins is an excellent surgeon and di a great hip replacement for me in late 2015. Very successful with great follow up and therapy procedure. Great bedside manners and caring attitute.
Garry G Schierling – Jan 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
Dr Hopkins transcends what we normal expect and tolerate in our doctors to a place where my care became a truly honest and open partnership between a doctor and a patient that recognizes the humanity of both parties and works to heal the patient--not just treat them. It happened in my first appointment. I sought answers and information about various treatments I had researched for my arthritic knee. Unlike every other orthopedist that had treated me until now, he spent a great deal of time talking with me about who I am and how my arthritis is impacting my lifestyle and understanding what I want from my life and mobility. He provided detailed information about each treatment option and what I could expect from them relative to my life, and then fielded question after question, and discussed numerous 'what if' scenarios until, in the end, I felt entirely comfortable and confident in the direction we decided on.
JohnWS – Sep 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
I was told I needed a total knee replacement by Dr. Hopkins I went and had two other opinions and both Drs said your knee is fine its your hip. When I called to ask them what is wrong with my knee they got very defensive I advised them I had two other Drs tell me it was my hip the nurse then said your the patient you need to make your decision, then why did I see him I asked her response was how dare you talk to me like that don’t ever call our office and she hung up the phone.I have had other professionals from Medical City to ask for my records was told they where sent out they weren’t .Also my second visit he asked my name 3 times your not a patient there your a number.I hope people read this before going please get a second opinion or third and be careful asking them questions they get mad very easy. I would never recommend Dr. Hopkins or his staff beware .
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
Dr. Hopkins preformed my right hip replacement surgery. He did an excitement job explaining the procedure to me and what I would need after surgery. He did so well that my recovery period and rehab were shortened. He said I would have no pain once healed and he was totally right..even after raking leaves!!!
Judy – Sep 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
Dr. Hopkins recently did a total hip replacement on my right side. The surgery went great and recovery went smoothly. On each of my post op visits, they were very informative and also encouraging by explaining to me how well I was doing. His staff is always available to help you with anything you may need.
Mindy V – Jul 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
I had a partial hip replacement in Nov. of 2019. We are now in 2020 of June and the pain in my hip has become so severe that I can no longer deal with it. I have been told by my surgeon that the pain will go away when the weather warms up, yeah right. I have a very good friend who recommended Dr. Hopkins. I am forever thankful and so grateful that I went to see him because my hip was screwed up. He did X -rays, a CT scan and a MRI thereby finding out what was wrong with my hip. He told me what he would need to do and surgery was scheduled. Since my surgery on 7-1-2020 this hip has never felt better. Yes I have had some pain which is normal but nothing like I had after the NOV . surgery and the months followings. Another thing DR . Hopkins spends times with you and explains things, you know everything that is going to happen. He doesn't tell you he is going to do one thing and then do another. I highly recommend Dr. Hopkins and his staff. Thank You So much .
Beverly Frazier – Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
He replaced both of my knees, and my hip. He’s been my doctor since 2014. I researched extensively before I chose a doctor, and he’s the one I chose. I’ve never regretted it, and always recommend him. He’s a rare combination of excellent surgeon who is a perfectionist, but he’s also warm and friendly, and doesn’t rush you, and answers all your questions. His staff is efficient and friendly.
Sherry Stenger – Jul 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
Very efficient and informative about my recovery progress. Best doctor so far in my many attempts to get a solution to my problem. I recommend!!!!
Jerry Milos – Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
Dr. Hopkins is the best doctor fix my hip and I couldn’t feel any better he’s a great doctor that will listen to you and takes time to make sure You understand everything The staff is just great they make you feel important to them
Jack VanderStelt – Jul 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
Dr. Hopkins has been my doctor for over 10 years. He is a genius. He has replaced both my hips and knees. He listens to your complaints and addresses all your issues. He answers all questions in a way you can understand your treatment. Explains every step of the way thru surgery and recovery. A word about his staff. They are caring and kind. They can never do too much for you. What a pleasure going to that office.
Jill Hartel – Jun 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
Family atmosphere! Enjoy myself on every visit....
Tavarus Thomas – Jun 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
Today, June 17, 2020, is my 1 year anniversary since Dr. Hopkins has performed my bilateral hip replacement. This wonderful man has given me my life back. I can finally drive my Corvette! I cannot thank him enough for doing such an amazing job. I had 4 hip surgeries before meeting Dr. Hopkins in an attempt to preserve my natural hips but all 4 failed. I did not want to have a hip replacement at 32. I was bedridden for 2 years before I met Dr. Hopkins. He genuinely cares about his patients. He is amazing at what he does. I highly suggest if you are experiencing pain in your hips or knees, please make an appointment.
Andrea Rucker – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?
I went to Dr. Hopkins about recurring pain in my left hip (originally replaced in 2004). He explained the x-rays in a very thorough manner and took the time to explain my options and the prognosis for recovery. He is an excellent surgeon and my surgery and subsequent recovery has gone exceptionally well. I would recommend him very highly!!
Rick – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hopkins?