Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD
Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Allen, TX. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Hopkins is affiliated with Baylor Medical Center at Frisco and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano.

Dr. Hopkins' Care Philosophy

Dr. Eldon Hopkins practices at North Texas Orthopaedic and Spine. Services include diagnosis, treatment and resolution of joint issues and pain.

Dr. Hopkins' Experience

See how Dr. Hopkins' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hopkins

Dr. Hopkins accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Hopkins is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hopkins has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hopkins' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hopkins to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Hopkins' Performance
in Seagoville Tx |
Dr.Hopkins is God sent. i had severe pain in my left hip, could barely walk. as a martial arts instructor this was a nightmare. I had put it off as long as i could (fear of surgery). When i woke up i was in total disbelief. No pain at all !! my only regret was not doing it sooner. within 6 weeks i was teaching again. thank sir for giving me my life back!
in Alan, TX |
I have had 2 full knee replacements in the last 8 weeks. Both operations went exactly as he told me they would. His communication skills are excellent. All of the hospital staff told me that his patients do significantly better than the other doctors patients.
Allen TX |
Beware Beware Beware get a second opinion. Never will use him again.
Hello - I regret to hear you had a negative experience. If you are willing, we would love to speak with you further. If you could please email me your contact information at katieborders@texashealth.org that would be great. Thank you, Katie
in Mckinney, TX |
After 14 month's as a patient of Dr Hopkins I am completely satisfied with his care. I would recommend him for knee surgery To anyone. A excellent doctor!
Carrollton, TX |
Absolutely the very best Dr. I have had about my severe knee problems. He did a total knee replacement on 2-14-17 and I am recovering very well and my pain has gotten much better every day! He is the most knowledgeable, careing, efficient Dr I have seen for my problem that started a long time ago and Dr's I saw couldn't even find the real problem. I am 87 years old and could not be more happy!!!! Finally relief!!! He is excellent!!!
in Mckinney, TX |
Great experience with Dr. Hopkins! While having your knee replaced is no picnic, Dr. Hopkins and his team made the very best of a challenging experience. Recuperation was quick, and actually back on my feet in just a couple of weeks. While I understand my progress may not be the “norm”, I believe most of the healing process is in the hands of the patient. Dr. Hopkins and his team are always there to make certain you have all available resources need to make a rapid recovery.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Hopkins and his staff are very caring and competent professionals. They listen to you and will address any concerns you may have. Dr. Hopkins controlled my pain immediately and that made my physical therapy more bearable. I recovered much better with him as my surgeon than I did with my first surgeon! Dr H really listened and paid close attention to my recovery. He is the best surgeon I have ever been to.
in McKinney, Tx. |
I had total knee replacement on May 23, 2016; I woke up thinking this is never going to work (I had had a knee replacement 4 years earlier) went to a second Doctor he said the knee cap is to big, will have to have a second surgery (out of pocket) Hopkins does NOT do an MRI that means it is not personally designed for you! I would NOT recommend him to anyone! He is very nice at the first visit, but at other visits after surgery he his a different person very hard to talk to! STRONG WARNING!
in Plano, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Hopkins to anyone needing a hip replacement. He performed a posterior revision to my left hip, 6 months ago, and my quality of life has changed dramatically. I had the anterior procedure done previously by another surgeon and was in a lot of pain. Dr. Hopkins took the time to explain my unique hip situation and how to solve it. So happy my internist referred me to him!!!
in Midland, TX |
Just returned from 8 rounds of golf thru Colorado in 11 days, with "days off" hiking the continental divide. The trip wouldn't have been possible with my arthritic hip 3 years ago. The hip replacement allowed me to again walk 18 holes several rounds a week, hike Colorado and New Mexico mountains and restore the quality of life I thought I had lost. The best thing about the replacement is that Dr. Hopkins fixed my hip while I was still young enough to use it for so many activities!
in Allen, TX |
The doctors I saw before Dr. Hopkins never gave me the option of a knee replacement because I was "too young" (under 50 yo). I started to have other problems because I was compensating and limping to avoid the pain. Dr. Hopkins understood directly the impact this had on my everyday life and the surgery was scheduled 2 weeks after my first visit. Dr. Hopkins is professional, human and gives clear explanations. I highly recommend Dr. Hopkins to anyone who needs a orthopedic surgeon.
in Denison, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Hopkins, from the first visit he puts you at ease. Spent time reviewing my MRI & found things that the radiologist didn't find. Pointed things out on MRI & Xray to me and explained the findings in a manner I understood. Provided me with several options & pros & cons of each. I choose to have a total knee replacement for my Avascular Necrosis. Surgery mid June 2015, back at work in four weeks with modifications. When in 6 months I was doing most everything I want to do
in Prosper, TX |
Dr. Hopkins did knee replacements on both of my knees, two months apart. I never used a walker or crutches and came home the day after for each surgery. VERY IMPORTANT do all the exercises that they tell you to do. It hurts but it is worth it. I recovered quickly and was at 80% with in a few months. I still exercise daily to make sure my knees stay health. If you listen and do what he tells you you should have no problems. I am very happy with my results and I have my life back. Thank you
in Vernon, TX |
Great experience!!! Dr. Hopkins is a wonderful doctor. He performed a total hip replacement on me. My recovery has gone extremely well. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hopkins to anyone considering hip replacement surgery.
in McKinney, TX |
Dr. Hopkins did a knee replacement revision for a botched knee replacement by another physician. The revision has improved my mother's quality of life and took away her pain.
in Frisco, TX |
I had emergency surgery in 2014 for a hip fracture, after another surgery and refractor I ended up in Dr. Hopkins office. He just did a total hip replacement on me three days ago and I am so blown away by Dr. Hopkins and his whole staff, I could not wait to post a review. I am home recovering, have had no pain and couldn't be happier. Not only am I already pleased with the results of my surgery, I can honestly say I have never had a Physician that obviously cares so much for his patients.
in Coppell, TX |
Dr. Hopkins replaced both of my hips within the last 5 weeks. I'm only 10 days out from the second surgery, and I'm able to walk fairly well without the aid of a walker. I'm very pleased and expect to be fully active within the next 3 months. Dr. Hopkins took a lot of time and care fully explaining my x-rays, diagnoses and prognoses. I was not disappointed. All of the nurses and hospital staff at Allen Presbyterian, as well as my PCP, also spoke very highly of Dr. Hopkins. Highly recommended.
in McKinney, TX |
I am very pleased with dr. Hopkins. After years of pain I am pain free. Dr. Hopkins did a total right hip replacement which not only corrected my hip pain but corrected pain I was having in my back. He is a very concerned, patient and accomplished surgeon. I would totally recommend him to family and friends.
in Denison, TX |
Dr. Hopkins has done two revisional total knee replacements (because the doctor that did my first ones messed them up ). His service from first visit to surgery to follow up is excellent. He informs you of everything that is going to be done and answers any and all questions you may have. He visits his patients in the hospital to make sure they are being treated right. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Hopkins and his staff to anyone that needs hip or knee procedures..
Have you seen Dr. Eldon Hopkins, MD?

Compare Dr. Hopkins

Dr. Hopkins' Care Philosophy

Dr. Hopkins' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Hopkins has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hopkins' Board Certifications

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Broken Arm
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

Scripps Clinic/Scripps Green Hospital

Completed in 2000

Univ Texas At Austin

Graduated in 1990

Dr. Hopkins does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hopkins and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks