Dr. Elbert Kuo, MD

Thoracic Surgery | Male

Dr. Elbert Kuo, MD
Dr. Elbert Kuo, MD is a thoracic surgery doctor who practices in Sun City, AZ. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Kuo is affiliated with Banner Boswell Medical Center.

Dr. Kuo's Care Philosophy

The Thoracic Surgery Clinic at the Banner Boswell Campus believes in treating all patients with dignity and respect. Using a multidisciplinary approach, the clinic works to diagnose and treat some of the most complex thoracic and esophageal diseases in the Southwest through a team of physicians who provide patients with a plan of care. Patients receive treatment with state-of-the-art technology to ensure a full range of treatment options. We offer treatment and care in accordance with national guidelines. For more information about the clinic or to schedule an appointment, call 623.832.3444. Please send records to be reviewed by our team to fax number 623.832.3470. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you and providing the best patient care at the Thoracic Surgery Clinic at the Banner Boswell Campus.

Dr. Kuo's Experience

See how Dr. Kuo's experience matches your preferences.

View Video

Visiting Dr. Kuo

Dr. Kuo accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Kuo is now accepting new patients
    Banner Boswell Campus13188 N 103rd Dr Ste 200
    Sun City, AZ 85351
    (623) 832-3444Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kuo has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kuo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kuo to family and friends
    Dr. Kuo's Performance
    in Surprise, AZ |
    Dr Kuo, was professional,caring and provided details of healthcare/surgery for all family members. The Dr also shared detail after the surgery with waiting family members. Very Good.
    in Phoenix, AZ |
    Takes his time and listens to concerns and questions. Competent and careful during the workup and surgery. Explained all aspects of procedure before and showed results in post-surgery visits.
    in glendale, az |
    I would absolutely, whole heartedly recommend Dr. Kuo. In my contacts with him, I learned so much about my condition. He explained every facet of information to me, reassuring any concerns that I may have had. He provided complete information to me, both verbally and by written information. As he was discussing my case, he jotted down notes, as well as diagrams that further explained my situation, providing report copies. I felt totally safe in his hands. I could not have asked for more!
    in Phoenix |
    Recently had surgery to remove part of my lung due to a cancerous tumor. Prior to surgery Dr Kuo took all the time needed to explain what was going to happen, in terms that I could understand. He was friendly and kind. After surgery in hospital he visited me several times and our follow up visit after surgery was just as rewarding as the first visit. Everything turned out pretty much as he had described that it would. I am grateful to Dr Kuo and his excellent staff for a fine job well done
    in Buckeye, AZ |
    Dr Kuo and his team helped me tremendously when I was diagnosed with lung cancer. He explained everything step by step and answered all questions. When I needed to see other doctors, he took out his cell phone and called the doctor right there!
    in Buckeye, Arizona |
    Dr. Elbert kuo just wanted to thank your whole staff from the front desk to the surgerical team to the nurses in recovery I was treated with the best of respect and care from your team they are the best . I was given instructions to follow and what to expect and what to look out for. Believe me if your team could of prevented my pain that came with the surgery I really do think that they would of done so. Please give your staff my Sincere thanks.
    in Surprise, AZ |
    I suffered for the better part of a year with stomach pains before finding out that my stomach was upside down and partially into my esophagus. After being referred to Dr. Kou and talking to him, I felt completely at ease and sensing that he would resolve my problem. Surgery took a little under 3 hours, in recovery for 2 hours, into my room for over night and I was home the next afternoon. My husband and I feel so blessed to have been paired up with this fine gentleman at a very tough time.
    in Surprise, AZ |
    Couldn't ask for a better doctor. Had lung cancer and surgery the 29th of December 2016, and fortunately caught the cancer very early. Dr. Kuo was very caring and took time to explain all the aspects of the procedure and what to expect. I would, without any hesitation, recommend Dr. Kuo to anyone that needed an excellent thoracic surgeon. I wish my primary care doctor was even half as good as Dr. Kuo.
    in Glendale, AZ |
    Dr. Kuo was excellent. He knew what he was doing and was very thorough. He explained things in detail so we could understand everything and spent all the time we needed with
    in Apache Junction, AZ |
    Dr. Elbert Kuo removed my cancerous left lung on January 16, 2017. He is a very compassionate doctor and an outstanding surgeon. On a 10-point scale, I give him a 12! He was very thorough and courteous when I met with him, both before the surgery and after the surgery. He was patient and spent as much time as I needed to understand the surgery. He answered every question that my family and I had. I had a wonderful experience with him. Words cannot express my gratitude.
    in Phoenix AZ |
    Dr. Kuo is the sweetest Dr. I have ever had. He explains all procedures to you and will answers as many questions that you have. I never felt rushed. He is also an excellent surgeon. I felt very secure knowing he was taking out my lung tumor. His staff is also wonderful. I have recommended him to many people.
    in Phoenix, AZ |
    When I say Dr. Kuo saved my life, it is not an exaggeration. I had 2 doctor's visits including an ER trip with no luck in a secure diagnosis until meeting Dr. Kuo. It turns out I had a rare motility disease called achalasia and needed a Heller's myotomy with dor fundoplication. Dr. Kuo explained both my diagnosis and surgery in great detail in a way I could understand. His entire staff was professional, competent, and compassionate along the way and I consider myself lucky to have found him.
    in Peoria, AZ |
    Obviously very knowledgeable. Very reassuring, pleasant and professional. His staff are also very professional and attentive.
    in Goodyear, AZ |
    Dr. Kuo is the ultimate professional. He recently treated me for a large hiatel hernia. He thoroughly explained each step through surgery and recovery. He is a caring individual and takes time with his patients, making sure they thoroughly understand procedures and takes time to answer questions. I now have a new lease on life because of Dr. Kuo's care. His staff are as professional as he is and appreciate each one of them.
    in Sun City, AZ |
    Very caring, excellent surgeon. Answered all my questions. Pointed out my broken anatomy and explained the surgical procedure. Put my worried mind at ease.
    in Corpus Christi, TX |
    There are not words to describe how grateful my wife and I are to have had Dr Kuo as my physician. He saved my life, and should the need arise I will travel the distance from TX to see him. You could ask for no more in a Doctor. Simply put he is the BEST. We highly recommend him to everyone who is in need of a thoracic surgeon.
    in Phoenix, AZ |
    Everything the others have said, and more. You will be happy your life is in his hands. He saved mine.
    in Phoenix, AZ |
    One of the finest doctors we have had ever experienced. From his surgical skills, to his true concern for his patients, to his overall professionalism. He has become not only my cardio-thoracic surgeon, but a friend. His referrals to other necessary doctors has also been to some of the finest doctors in the Phoenix area. Thank you Dr. Kuo!!!
    Phoenix, AZ |
    My scars from VATS surgery in April look like Dr. Kuo must be a cosmetic surgeon!
    in Phoenix, AZ |
    Awesome, very understanding of your needs, great at explaining things. Fantastic experiance!!
    in Peoria, AZ |
    Love Dr Kuo he takes all the time you need to answer questions and explains everything in laymen terms. His surgical skills are exceptional and I would recommend him to everyone who needs the services he provides. With that being said I am very unhappy with his office staff and their response time for getting call backs and answering important questions and the inaccuracies in their paperwork. As a patient you really have to keep after them for important information and filling out paperwork.
    Have you seen Dr. Elbert Kuo, MD?
    Are you Dr. Kuo?

Dr. Kuo's Care Philosophy

The Thoracic Surgery Clinic at the Banner Boswell Campus believes in treating all patients with dignity and respect. Using a multidisciplinary approach, the clinic works to diagnose and treat some of the most complex thoracic and esophageal diseases in the Southwest through a team of physicians who provide patients with a plan of care. Patients receive treatment with state-of-the-art technology to ensure a full range of treatment options. We offer treatment and care in accordance with national guidelines. For more information about the clinic or to schedule an appointment, call 623.832.3444. Please send records to be reviewed by our team to fax number 623.832.3470. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you and providing the best patient care at the Thoracic Surgery Clinic at the Banner Boswell Campus.

Dr. Kuo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Thoracic Surgery
    •  Board certified in General Surgery, Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery and Thoracic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Kuo has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kuo's Board Certifications

• Cardiomegaly
    • Cardiomyopathy
    • Carotid Artery Disease
    • Chest Wall Mass
    • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
    • Congenital Heart Defects
    • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
    • Diffuse Esophageal Spasm
    • End-of-Life Issues
    • Endocarditis
    • Esophageal Cancer
    • Esophageal Diseases
    • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    • Head and Neck Cancer

Graduated in 1996

Harvard School Of Public Health

Graduated in 2001

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Kuo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kuo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Thoracic Surgery

• Acid Reflux Surgery
    • Brachytherapy
    • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
    • Cardiac Electrophysiology
    • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
    • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
    • Cricopharyngeal Myotomy
    • Decortication and Pleurectomy
    • Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
    • Endoscopy
    • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
    • Esophageal Cancer Resection
    • Esophageal Surgery
    • Esophageal pH Monitoring
    • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
    • Esophagomyotomy
    • Esophagomyotomy With Robotic Assistance
    • Esophagostomy
    • Gastrointestinal Surgery
    • Head and Neck Surgery
    • Heart Surgery
    • Hernia Repair
    • Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic or Paraesophageal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
    • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
    • Lung Removal, Open
    • Lung Resection
    • Lung Surgery
    • Lung Transplant
    • Lung Volume Reduction Surgery (LVRS)
    • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
    • Thoracoscopic Wedge Resection
    • Tracheal Surgery
    • Transplant Surgery
    • Ultrasound, Endobronchial
    • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
    • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy