Dr. Elba Iglesias, MD

Dr. Elba Iglesias, MD

Adolescent Medicine  ·
Female

Dr. Elba Iglesias, MD is an adolescent medicine specialist in Hollywood, FL and has been practicing for 18 years. She specializes in adolescent medicine.Read her story

Memorial Division of Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation

• Sunshine Health

Learn about Dr. Iglesias

Video

Dr. Iglesias' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Iglesias "As the medical director of Adolescent Medicine at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital, I get to treat, guide and support young adults from age 11 well into their college years. Specifically, I specialize in adolescent gynecology and young women's health, as well as the medical management of eating disorders. My favorite part about my job is working with adolescents and young adults. I discovered my calling for working with teenagers during my medical training. I realized very quickly that I enjoyed and excelled at interacting with my older pediatric patients, who were at a critical crossroads in their lives. As an adolescent specialist, I provide more than gynecological exams and medical treatment. Every time I meet a new patient, I spend a lot of time getting to know them. Engaging in conversation and listening is critical. During our conversations, I try to assess if they have risk factors or concerns prevalent among teenagers, including mental health issues, drug use, peer pressure, bullying and more. Every appointment is a chance to continue our dialogue and for me to be another adult that teens can turn to for assistance and guidance. I also specialize in the medical management of eating disorders, coordinating care with community nutritionists and psychologists so that teenagers can get the help they need to have a healthy relationship with food. As a pediatric residency faculty member, I will also enjoy teaching Adolescent Medicine to the next generation of pediatricians as part of the future Pediatric Residency Program at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital."

• Adolescent Medicine

• Montefiore Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • New York University
    Other Education | Completed 1990

Dr. Iglesias has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Iglesias does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iglesias and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Iglesias' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Iglesias

Dr. Iglesias?
Dr. Iglesias' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Elba Iglesias, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Dr. Iglesias is a wonderful doctor that shows compassion to her patients. My daughter felt comfortable and at ease with her. She was very thorough and I would highly recommend her to anyone.
Samantha in Sunrise – Jul 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elba Iglesias, MD?
I am so happy to have found Dr. Iglesias. My daughter is thrilled to have her on her side. We actually feel that for the first time we found a doctor that actually cares.
Denisse in Hialeah, FL – May 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Elba Iglesias, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Iglesias?