Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 79

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Houston, TX and has over 54 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Baylor College Of Medicine medical school in 1968. Her office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD

Starbranch Psychiatry Assoc

2600 Gessner Rd Ste 280 Houston, TX 77080
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Starbranch's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Starbranch's Top Procedures and Conditions

Suicidal Ideation

Dr. Starbranch treats Suicidal Ideation more than 99% of her peers

ADHD and-or ADD

Dr. Starbranch treats ADHD and-or ADD more than 99% of her peers

Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence

Dr. Starbranch treats Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence more than 99% of her peers

Dr. Starbranch's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Confusion
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Nondependent Hallucinogen Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Substance Abuse
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Starbranch accepts

Dr. Starbranch accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Starbranch's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Starbranch

1.5

Dr. Starbranch

We cannot warn you strongly enough about this "doctor." This has been the worst experience of our entire families' lives having our 14-year-old daughter under her "care." This "person" only contacted us one time for a very brief phone call and would only tell us that our daughter was lovely and seemed well cared for. We never received a diagnosis or explanation of medications. She kept our daughter in the facility for a week longer than what other staff at the facility said she needed to be there. It appeared that every time our daughter would be on the verge of coming home the "dr" would change her meds to ensure that she stayed in as long as the insurance would pay. I cannot express strongly enough to seek other professional care and do not trust this woman. Your child's health and wellbeing can be forever damaged by allowing this person to use them as cash cows. I wish that we could give negative rating because a 1 star review inaccurately expresses our level of discontent.
Jan 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
My wife chose her for my son without consulting with me first, she got my sons meds so of control he was just completely stoned all the time. Then she claimed she needed to admit him into a rehab to get his meds under control but what she doesn't tell you is she is part owner of this facility and that was her goal the whole time. I had to threaten to call the cops if they did not release my son within 30 minutes to get him out of that rehab center/hospital.
Charles Toole – Jan 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
I'm disappointed that can't give less than one star. It is impossible to get any information from this doctor. During covid we were supposed to have phone appointments. She didn't even bother to call for the second one that was scheduled. She never answers her phone and on the rare occasion when you can leave a voicemail, because the mailbox is always full, she never calls back. She wouldn't approve a prescription refill but never gave us a reason why. You'll need a new psychiatrist to deal with the lack of personal respect you get from this one.
Upset father – Dec 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
My 14-year-old was assigned to her while at Sun Behavioral Hospital. The Dr. would not return my calls, would not answer questions about medication, and when it was time for her to be released the Dr would prescribe a new medication which would have them hold my daughter for another mandatory 3 days. I spoke more to the business office than I did to a Dr. When I requested to have her moved elsewhere she was denied. When I attempted to sign her out AMA, so that I could take her to another facility with another Dr. I was threatened with CPS and refusal to release her. This is was all bout billing my insurance, not helping my daughter.
Adriana – Feb 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
Dr. Starbranch is the worst psychiatrist I've ever met! My diagnosis has been the same for 10 years - multiple doctors and therapists have agreed on it. She spent 5 minutes with me in the hospital and diagnosed me with something different just so she could prescribe a certain medication. She didn't even tell me she did this. The weekend therapist did. When I questioned her about it, she said it's because I didn't respond to the other medications I'd tried. I told her that diagnoses are based on symptoms, not medications, and I had never had symptoms that corresponded with her diagnosis. She said it was my right to disagree. She was so cold and dismissive. She also never addressed my sleep issue for the 6 days that I was in the hospital, even though I brought it up more than once and the overnight technician also noted that I was not sleeping. Dr. Starbranch is just awful! Her reviews across all platforms show that I'm not alone in my opinion of her.
Oct 01, 2020
Sep 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
Please DO NOT send your child here. She is extremely unprofessional, rude, dismissive, and overall just seems like she’s bothered by you for making her do her job.
Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
I would never recommend Dr. Starbranch because she gave my 7 year old meds that I had not given consent for. This med actually kept him sleeping for two days. I then tried to get my son transferred from West Oaks Hospital to UT Health-Harris County Psychiatric. Dr. Starbranch refused to release him to me, and she refused to discharge him as a transfer to HCPH. She threatened she would call CPS on me and I had to risk this. So, I give her a negative star for not contacting me the first two day
Iris in Houston, Texas – Apr 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
Would not return calls, even multiple emergency level pages, when my child had adverse reactions to medications she prescribed. She did apparently talk to the emergency room doctor, but still has not returned an emergency call.
houston – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
She should lose her license. First do no harm, isn't that the oath? My son, who was recently released from hospitalization, she dropped from treatment with absolutely no warning. This, after prescribing a litany of psychotropic drugs. Needless to say, he immediately suffered a severe and ongoing panic attack. For a psychiatrist to treat a vulnerable patient in such a ruthless way seems not only cruel, it may well be criminal. I will be reporting her to the proper authorities.
Jan 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
This Dr. sat on my FMLA paperwork for 10 additional days causing the paperwork to be sent in to my employer late. Then, she did not submit the correct days requested causing my FMLA to be denied by my employer. This is the last thing a person exiting a mental health hospital needs. My job is no longer secure and I'm having to take days off from my school district (at a cost to me, as I used all of my sick leave while hospitalized) in order to correct her mistakes. Her diagnosis was late too.
Houston, TX – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
I would NEVER recommend Dr Starbranch to anyone. She is extremely unprofessional and impossible to get in touch with. She was assigned to my son in the hospital. She immediately started my son back on a high dose of meds without gradual increase. She never returned my call. I tried to reach her to give her background information on my son and I was told "she is not accepting new patients"! AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL DO NOT GO TO HER. SHE IS RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL
Cathy in Houston, TX – Mar 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
I was a patient at Houston Behavioral and as soon as she saw me, she prescribed medication within 5 minutes of talking to me. She wouldn't give me straight answers about the meds, and just didnt really talk to me at all. Barely looked at me. I felt like I was just condensed down to a paper file and she had no intention of ever really finding the root cause of my depression. Horrible experience.
Copperas Cove, TX – Mar 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
Dr. Starbranch was my teenager's doctor while she was admitted for mental health in the hospital. I had to request SEVERAL times that she call me and she prescribed new medication without ANY health history or consulting me. When I spoke to her, after my child insist she call me, she put me on speakerphone in front of my child and continued a VERY sarcastic conversation including criticism of the patient. Then, she discharged her without notice and no call to me of plan to discharge.
Houston, TX – Jan 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?
My Grandson was in the children's unit at Hope Bridge Hospital for 7 days. I have Medical Power of Attorney. My daughter nor Myself were able to talk by Phone or Face to Face with Dr. Starbranch. The day we did catch a glimpse of her she was whisked away by staff and we were not able to see her even though we had requested several time to meet with her since his admit..
Terry in Angleton, TX – Apr 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eileen Starbranch, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Starbranch?