Dr. Eihab H. Tawfik, MD

Dr. Eihab H. Tawfik, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Citrus Diabetes Treatment Cente 7394 W Gulf To Lake Hwy, Crystal River, FL 34429 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Tawfik specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Crystal River, FL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Tawfik? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Tawfik's Experience

63Experience
Match

See how Dr. Tawfik's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tawfik

Dr. Tawfik accepts 15 insurance carriers

15 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Tawfik has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Tawfik

Dr. Tawfik's Review Details
3.1 based on 42 responses
Experience with Dr. Tawfik
Dr. Tawfik's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (41)
in Pine Ridge, Fl |
As a diabetic, this place is great because I can see an my doctor AND an ophthalmologist and podiatrist in the same place! If you have complications, you know what I mean. Docs have all my information in real time and diabetes is under control....wow!
in Homosassa, FL |
Weight loss program really workss! If you are near any of his offices (he seems to have alot) I would recommend you try weight loss there. I go for primary care, and my health is good. Had MRI there even though it was a long wait. Nice lobby and clean....
in Crystal River, Fl |
I started going to Christ Medical Center when the new building opened. I am amazed how much they offer and although the docs change a lot, I appreciate the care i get there. If you have diabetes, they have the best doctor, and if you have neuropathy, you must try the MicroVas - not sure if that's correct spelling. Great improvement with this and no one else offers it.
in Inverness, fl |
so glad I can get my allergy testing done at primary care and routine check ups, no diabetes for me, but hear this is the specialty there - also hear weight loss there is really good.
in Ocala, fl |
I travel from Ocala to see Dr. T - from my diabetes to my back pain, he has been great. Want Ocala office open, please!
in Pine Ridge, Fl |
Started visiting Dr. Tawfik at the old Citrus Diabetes office and love the new building, although some times it gets very busy. I am so impressed with technology and testing equipment and am thankful we have such a nice place to go in Citrus County without having to drive to Ocala or Tampa. Check it out if you need anything because he sees people for all kinds of things and even has X-ray right there, so that's helpful.
in Homosassa, FL |
I can go there and get everything done like my sick visits and allergy testing and even mri when I needed that done for possible problem I had from long ago. I haven't used the eye doc yet but probably will since its so easy to have everything in one place.
in Crystal River, FL |
He is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about DIABETES! If you have Type 1 or Type 2, this is the guy to see. Can't say enough good things about him.
Lady Lake, FL |
This guy should have his license pulled. He scares you into so many tests, then says you are fine. I am a diabetic and even though my blood sugars have been through the roof and very low, he keeps telling me how he has managed my diabetes for me! When I tell him, actually you haven't, he just keeps repeating that he has. It's very strange. The only reason I started seeing him was the location. But as a doctor? He is incompetent.
Crystal River, FL |
Do not go to this doctor. I went to him for my type 1 diabetes. He gives so many tests. First he told me that my tests showed renal failure so more tests were performed. Then 1 week later he told me I was fine. 6 months later he just recently did the same thing, scaring me into kidney failure from tests then 1 week later after more tests, he said I was fine. He did the same thing a couple of years ago, telling me I had cancerous moles on my back and had to have them removed immediately.
Crystal River, FL |
All this doctor does is order tests, tests and more tests, of course on his own equipment. He has no answers for you. When you question him about what he says, he becomes indignant and tells you he is the best diabetic doctor in Citrus county and if you don't like it, go somewhere else. He actually said this to us. We only went there because the nearest diabetic doctor to us is 16 miles away. But after today, we will be going elsewhere. He cannot keep doctors that he has hired or staff.
Have you seen Dr. Eihab H. Tawfik, MD?
Are you Dr. Eihab H. Tawfik, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Tawfik

×

Dr. Tawfik does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Tawfik and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Dr. Tawfik does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Tawfik and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

Board Action

Dr. Tawfik has 1 board action

More What are board actions
    • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence  (11/13/2015)
    • Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • State: Florida
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)

Dr. Tawfik has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Tawfik has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tawfik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tawfik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Tawfik's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  • Board actions found
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Tawfik

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Tawfik's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Tawfik

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients