Dr. Efrem Gebremedhin, MD

Dr. Efrem Gebremedhin, MD

Internal Medicine  |

Dr. Efrem Gebremedhin is board-certified in endocrinology. He specializes in diabetes management as well as the evaluation and management of health concerns including thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, pituitary, gonads, osteoporosis, hypertension, cholesterol and cancers of the endocrine glands. Dr. Gebremedhin received his medical degree from Jimma University in Ethiopia and received postdoctoral training in internal medicine at Loma Linda University in California. He completed his endocrinology training through a combined program at Harbor-UCLA (Torrance, Cal.) and City of Hope National Medical Center (Duarte, Cal.). He served as instructor in several colleges and most recently in the Department of Internal Medicine at Riverside County Regional Medical Center in California.

Learn about Dr. Gebremedhin

I am a member of HCA Midwest Health Physicians, an integrated group of primary care and specialty practices. We provide high quality, compassionate healthcare in a caring, affordable, timely and accessible manner. Our doctors collaborate with patients, their physician colleagues and other healthcare professionals to help ensure each patient's individual healthcare needs are met and their patient experience is outstanding.

Dr. Gebremedhin's Experience

Dr. Gebremedhin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

• Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Chronic Diseases
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Hypogonadism
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling
  • Insulin Pump Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• Jimma University
  • Loma Linda University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Harbor UCLA Medical Center Program/City Of Hope
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• First Place Award for an Outstanding Poster Presentation, Annual City of Hope Poster Session, Duarte, CA, July 9, 20

Dr. Gebremedhin has no media or publications listed.

• Amharic

Dr. Gebremedhin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gebremedhin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gebremedhin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gebremedhin to family and friends
Dr. Gebremedhin's Performance
in Lees Summit, MO |
Dr. Gebremedhin has a great bedside manner. He explained everything very thoroughly to me and took time to answer all my questions. He was on time and never rushed me through our discussion or my questions.
Olathe, KS |
I was referred to Dr Gebremedhin and have seen him twice now. Both times he took additional time to understand my needs, and to share additional health information with me that I found helpful. I definitely recommend him.
in Olathe, KS |
I'm a 65 years old and I've been going to Dr. Gebremedhin or over 5 years ! I used my family Doctor before I started seeing him. Dr. Gebremedhin really has help me get my Type 2 diabetes under control especially my A1C levels!!
in Kansas City |
I was very impressed by Dr. Gebramedhin's bedside manner. He is compassionate and caring. He listened to me and looked at me while I was speaking, instead of having his face in the chart/laptop. He explained everything clearly and answered all my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Gebramedhin.
in Olathe, KS |
Dr. Gebremedhin was very easy to talk to and he really took the time to explain everything to me. the Staff was very good also.
in Leawood, KS |
I believe Dr. Gebremedhin saved my life! I had been to numerous Drs & specialists for years and none of them caught my hyperparathyroidism. By the time I got to Dr. G my heart was irregular, my blood pressure was spiking crazy high, I had frequent anxiety and my brain felt like my thoughts were swimming through molasses. He made the diagnosis, referred me to a fantastic surgeon, and I could not be more grateful. High marks for Dr. G
Lenexa, KS |
The doctor's competent knowledge of his field, his ease of explaining the disease, his ability to make the patient feel that each of the patient's question is worth asking and answering put me at ease. I feel that my health and care are important to him, and I feel that I am in capable hands.
Lees Summit, MO |
My appt was at 2:40 and the nurse called my name at 2:40. I was amazed! Dr. Gebremedhin is very kind and patient. I just found him on the internet in 2017 and decided to try him. I have dealt with Hashimotos since 2005 and never had energy to do anything. Saw Dr. G IN 2017. He ran all kinds of blood tests and got my energy back to normal. I am so grateful! I definitely recommend him!
in Olathe, KS |
I believe that Dr. G is very knowledgable, friendly and genuienly caring, comitted docotor. I like him and would if the situation arises to refer him as one of the best to go to in this field.
in Leawood, KS |
My appointment was at 10 in the morning, At 10 I was talking to Dr. Efrem. He was willing to take all the time with me to address my concerns. The staff was very helpful with making my next appointment. It was one of the best doctor appointments experiences I have had.
Leavenworth, KS |
Excellent Doctor, was very understanding of my situation and listened to my concerns. He described any further plan very clearly to me.
in Olathe, KS |
Dr. Gebremedhin really listens and doesn't just go by the blood work. If I am having hypothyroid symptoms, he will try to tweak my dosages for my two medications to see if that helps. He takes the time to explain the biology behind hypothyroidism and is open to my questions.
in Lawrence, KS |
Dr. Gebremedhin is very knowledgeable with diabetes and adjusting insulin pumps. He understands the trials I deal with on a daily basis and is willing to be reasonably agressive in my diabetes and thyroid care. I cannot thank him enough for all he's done!.
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad to hear about your positive experience and will be sure and pass this along.
in Topeka, KS |
Dr. G always goes over my diet and exercise with me. If I need any changes, he always gives me some options with a detailed explanation and lets me decide which option I want to follow. With me losing weight and keeping my A1C under control, he encourages me to keep doing what I am doing, it is working.
in Louisburg, Le |
Dr. Gebremedhin was very informative and called me personally to go over my lab results which is something almost unheard of these days! Great doctor.
KC |
He was very informative and personable!
in Overland Park, ks |
Dr. Gebremedhin was an extremely helpful and concerned doctor. He spent time with me to answer all my questions, explain all my issues and options, and I never felt hurried. I would recommend him highly. I felt like I received superior care from him.
in Overland Park, KS |
Their office is run very timely. Remember to get there early to fill out paperwork as there's at least six pages. Dr. G is very patient, friendly and seemingly very thorough.
Have you seen Dr. Efrem Gebremedhin, MD?

Visit Dr. Gebremedhin

Dr. Gebremedhin accepts 35 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
    National Advantage
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) PPO
    Behavioral Health
    Cigna POS
  • Comp Choice
    Comp Results
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
    Compassionate Care Network (CCN) PPO