Dr. Edwin Whitney, MD

Dr. Edwin Whitney, MD

Cardiology  |
Dr. Edwin Whitney, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 39 years.

1933 NE Loop 410

San Antonio, TX 78217

• Ambetter
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Whitney

See how frequently Dr. Whitney performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Chest Pain
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)

Dr. Whitney's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Septal Defect
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Thoracentesis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
  • Brooke Army Med Center
  • Wilford Hall Med Center Aetc

Dr. Whitney has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Whitney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Whitney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Whitney's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Whitney to family and friends
Dr. Whitney's Performance
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Whitney is a very personable doctor who really cares about his. patients. He provides the top care and guidance; he orders the proper medications and tests to ensure best results. He answers all questions and concerns, and is available when needed.
in San Antonio, TX |
I recently had a scheduled appointment with Dr. Whitney. It was a standard follow up as he has been my cardiologist for several years. He saw me at my scheduled appointment time, we covered my lab results, and he performed a standard office visit review and assessment of my heart. He is a very attentive physician, who is thorough in his review of labs, and assessment of what may cause any anomalies within a result test area. If necessary, he will adjust the medication, or discontinue the med.
San Antonio, TX |
I heard about DR. Eli Whitney from a senior couple that live in New Braunfels.. They were very happy to have him as a cardiologist.. I have been very satisfied with his care, If I call in with a question, he has always returned my call before he leaves his office in the evening.. I would recommend him to anyone that is looking for a intelligent,caring, cardiologist.. He always explains things in a way that I understand. A friend of mine's husband died & he sent her a sympathy card.
in WINDCREST , TX |
I am impressed that with all a doctor has to do he takes time to work with local schools, making a difference in attitudes and performances.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Whitney is an excellent cardiologist. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a caring doctor who spends time with his patients. He is dogged in his approach to find the true problem. I was on medication given by another doctor that was unnecessary. He not only discovered that, through several tests,but found the root of my problem as well. He will be my cardiologist forever!
in San Antonio, TX |
Awesome Doctor recommend to everyone great listener and explains great
Marion, TX |
All staff are very professional. Dr. Whitney gives all of his patients plenty of time and explains things very well.
in San Antonio, TX |
My husband and I are both patients of Dr. Whitney's and are highly satisfied with everyone involved with his practice! Dr. Whitney is very easy to talk to and makes every patient feel special. He explains things in layman terms and listens to all of your concerns. You never feel rushed or intimidated by him or anyone of his staff. I recently had a question about a prescribed medication, and Dr. Whitney personally called me and talked me through the questions that I had.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr Whitney is the very, very best!
in San Antonio, TX |
As always, my visit was timely , enjoyable, and informative. Dr Whitney and staff are true professionals.
in Spring Branch, TX |
As always, my experience with Dr Eli Whitney is outstanding and reflects the fact that I have been working with him for almost 30 years. In fact, I consider him my GP for the comprehensive evaluation and advice he renders (I haven't seen my actual GP for several years due to Medicare reimbursement restrictions which shuttle me to a PA for anything less than an emergency).
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Whitney has excellent medical credentials and advanced experience. He took time to listen, evaluate my health and make appropriate decisions for my treatment. His staff was well trained and helpful.
San Antonio, TX |
The staff will tire you with their inattention to details. Prescriptions the doctor orders not being refilled because the staff forgot to call the pharmacy. Try getting the Physician Assistant to return calls is next to impossible. Wife gave up and had to go there in person to get information. I am changing doctors and facilities as soon as possible.
in San Antonio, TX |
Took his time and explained my conditions and options. Also revealed his medical plan on medications and why. He engages in conversation about your medical conditions and is very positive.
Have you seen Dr. Edwin Whitney, MD?
Are you Dr. Whitney?