Dr. Edwin Taylor, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Healthcare Associates of Texas - Mckinney 8080 State Highway 121 Ste 210 McKinney, TX 75070 Get Directions
Dr. Edwin Taylor, MD

EDUCATION Family Practice Residency, Naval Hospital, Pensacola, FL 10/1998-9/2000 Family Practice Internship, Naval Hospital, Pensacola, FL 6/1995-7/1996 M.D., LA State University Medical Center, Shreveport, LA 8/1991-6/1995 B. A., Biological Sciences, University of New Orleans, LA 1/1987-5/1991 A.A., Western Nevada Community College, Carson City, NV 1/1985-12/1986 Undergraduate, Nicholls State University, Thibodaux, LA 8/1981-5/1982 Undergraduate, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 8/1979-7/1981 CERTIFICATIONS Board Certified Family Practice AFFILIATIONS -American Academy of Family Practice -Uniformed Services Academy of Family Practice LANGUAGES Spanish: Fully bilingual/bicultural, knowledge of Spanish medical terminology Hi. I'm Dr. Edwin Taylor, and I am very excited to become a part of your medical team here in the McKinney-Allen area. Nothing is more humbling than being entrusted with the health and wellbeing of you and your family. I joined Healthcare Associates with only one purpose in mind, to deliver the most comprehensive, quality medical care that you and your family deserve. Just as I served and cared for our military heroes and their families for 15 years, I vow to care for you and your loved ones with the utmost degree of respect and compassion. Thank you for choosing us for your healthcare needs and always remember that "our patients come first".

...See Less

Dr. Taylor's Care Philosophy

Dr. Taylor's Experience

See how Dr. Taylor's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Taylor

Dr. Taylor accepts 18 insurance carriers

Dr. Taylor is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Taylor has admitting privileges.

Dr. Taylor's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Taylor to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Taylor's Performance
Mckinney, TX |
He explains and takes his time with you.
Frisco, TX |
Be careful, they bill for random things and do not tell you about it. It took me 4 months to be able to speak to anyone in billing about it and when I called the front desk they told me that they couldn't help me get a hold of anyone in billing because that was a different department. My insurance told me that if they would bill my son's appointment as preventative it would be covered by insurance but the billing people refuse to do so.
This Dr is pathetic. He carries a laptop & you assume he's taking notes on you, but each time you see him, he asks questions as if he never took a note. He recommended I get a CT scan and the next day, his assistant calls me to tell me I have a tumor in my left kidney and says they are getting me to a Urologist. Week after week there is no call. I keep calling & they say they will get me a referral & nothing happens. It has been a month now since my CT Scan and I just got hung up on again. Done.
Mckinney, TX |
We love, love, love Dr Taylor & the whole group & definitely recommend them to family & friends & anyone looking for a new PCM. Great group. Professional. Courteous. Very, very clean. Wait time can vary but he pays a lot of attention to his patients which is great & worth the additional wait.
frisco tx |
Listens, discusses, thorough (and has coffee :)
Texas |
Dr. Taylor takes the time to get to know his patients as people not a chart number! You want to have a doctor that becomes like family, he has done that for my family!!
in Little Elm, TX |
Will not go back after 1 visit. Trying to order tests based off a questionnaire. said I need a sleep study test even though my ENT doesn't feel I do. Tried to order allergy tests because i checked off occassional itchy eyes and occassional seasonal allergies. Insisted I need a referral to see a urologist even though I already had an appointment with them and had talked to my insurance company. NEITHER SAID I NEEDED A REFERRAL! He billed my insurance company for a physical without doing one.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Taylor is the most thorough and helpful physician I have ever seen. No doctor has ever taken the time like he has, I'm normally rushed on and given meds with little interaction.
in Pensacola, FL |
Worst doctor EVER!! I reviewed this fraud once before but mysteriously it has disappeared. I told him I was extremely sensitive to serotonin but he refused to give me my normal medication and instead gave me something that affects serotonin levels. I tried to use it for two weeks but after almost no sleep and a head that felt like it was going to explode I called to ask for a change in medication. He refused then told me he would no longer be my doctor and further would not give me a referral.
Have you seen Dr. Edwin Taylor, MD?
Are you Dr. Taylor?

Compare Dr. Taylor

Dr. Taylor says...

EDUCATION

Family Practice Residency, Naval Hospital, Pensacola, FL                             10/1998-9/2000

Family Practice Internship, Naval Hospital, Pensacola, FL                                    6/1995-7/1996

M.D., LA State University Medical Center, Shreveport, LA                                      8/1991-6/1995

B. A., Biological Sciences, University of New Orleans, LA                                      1/1987-5/1991

A.A., Western Nevada Community College, Carson City, NV                       1/1985-12/1986

Undergraduate, Nicholls State University, Thibodaux, LA                                       8/1981-5/1982

Undergraduate, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA                     8/1979-7/1981

CERTIFICATIONS

Board Certified Family Practice

AFFILIATIONS

-American Academy of Family Practice

-Uniformed Services Academy of Family Practice

LANGUAGES

Spanish: Fully bilingual/bicultural, knowledge of Spanish medical terminology

Hi. I'm Dr. Edwin Taylor, and I am very excited to become a part of your medical team here in the McKinney-Allen area. Nothing is more humbling than being entrusted with the health and wellbeing of you and your family.  I  joined Healthcare Associates with only one purpose in mind, to deliver the most comprehensive,  quality medical care that you and your family deserve. Just as I served and cared for our military heroes and their families for 15 years, I vow to care for you and your loved ones with the utmost degree of respect and compassion.  Thank you for choosing us for your healthcare needs and always remember that "our patients come first".

Dr. Taylor's Care Philosophy

Dr. Taylor's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Taylor has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Taylor's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport

Graduated in 1995

Naval Hospital

Completed in 1996

Naval Hospital

Completed in 2000

University of New Orleans

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Taylor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taylor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage