Dr. Edwin Su, MD

Dr. Edwin Su, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

My practice specializes in the treatment of hip and knee disorders in younger, active patients. This includes both non-surgical and surgical treatments for knee meniscus tears, hip labral tears, knee arthritis and hip arthritis. My goal is to relieve your pain and improve your mobility, thereby allowing you to return to an active lifestyle. I understand how important this is to your physical and mental well-being!

Dr. Edwin Su, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 45 years old. Dr. Su is affiliated with Hospital for Special Surgery.

Dr. Su's Experience

See how Dr. Su's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Su

Dr. Su accepts 2 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Su has admitting privileges.

Dr. Su's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Su to family and friends
    4.5
    Dr. Su's Performance
    in Hewlett NY |
    Dr Su did my total hip replacement .He is an excellent surgeon & i was up & walking right away. my whole experience was perfect from the moment i entered HSS. Christina who works In Dr Sus office was exceptional as well. I would recommend Dr Su 100%,he is the BEST!!!!!
    Yonkers, NY |
    Left me crippled and unable to walk and in constant pain 24/7, with less movement in my hip than prior to the surgery. Then told me he could do nothing for me. Was lucky to find another surgeon who easily reconstructed the hip and now able to do yoga, walk miles and have a life again.
    Bronx, NY |
    Excellent surgeon. Highly recommend
    New York, NY |
    Dr. Su is a gifted surgeon as well as a lovely person. He is well-versed on the most up-to-date procedures. I felt completely comfortable from the first time I met him, and he took his time to explain the procedure to me (anterior procedure of total hip replacement). My surgery went well, and I now feel like I have a new lease on life. I have no pain when I walk, and can do my 10,000 steps a day. I can't recommend him highly enough.
    in Greenwich, CT |
    I am a female in my late 60's, not typical for Dr Su. Nonetheless he resurfaced each of my hips and each surgery was beautifully done with minimal scarring and great results, 3 and 7 years ago. When I needed a total knee replacement I was delighted to learn that one third of Dr Su's practice is knees. Within four weeks of his replacing my knee I had full flexion and could walk without assistance. Now at 10 weeks I am working on strength. Experienced PT's are amazed at my outstanding results.
    in Brewster, NY |
    I had both hips resurfaced 2 years apart. Dr. Su gave me back my active lifestyle. I can swim, bike and jog with no hip pain. Dr. Su is the best in hip resurfacing.
    in Hampton Bays, NY |
    This MD met all my needs with the Birmingham Resurfacing. I was so grateful to him for performing this surgery on me. I was back on the job in 3 weeks. I made him my Health Care Proxy for the surgery, as only he could decide what I needed.
    Los Angeles, CA |
    Simply the best! Responsive, thoughtful, innovative, and extraordinary competent. Interviewed 2 other doctors, before selecting. I chose to travel 2700 miles to use him, and had an outstanding outcome from hip resurfacing. Well worth the trip and effort, and great follow-up attention whenever there were questions or special assistance was needed. Would not hesitate to recommend HSS and Dr.Su to anyone wanting the best professional care available for hip surgery.
    in Glendale, NY |
    I simply can't imagine a better experience. If you ever need a hip surfacing surgery Dr. Su is probably one of the best specialist in the world. !!!!
    in New York, NY |
    I had complications after surgery. Once i started having complications the office seemed to lose interest and usually would not get back to me. I had to call many times and even then took 2 - 3 weeks to get any kind of response if i got a response at all. My emails to the PA were mostly ignored.
    in Cranford, nj |
    The surgery appears to have gone very well. I had what appears to have been a small dural nick which has caused subsequent headaches. The recovery of the hip has been rapid in just 1.5 weeks.
    Have you seen Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
    Are you Dr. Su?

Dr. Su's Care Philosophy

Dr. Su's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Su has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Su's Board Certifications

• Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
    • Knee Arthritis
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Limb Swelling

New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell
      Hospital For Special Surgery
      Hospital For Special Surgery
      Harvard Medical School

Dr. Su does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Su and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
    • Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
    • Computer-Assisted Surgery (CAS)
    • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment