Dr. Edwin Su, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 47

Dr. Su

Edwin P Su MD

541 E 71st St New York, NY 10021

Dr. Edwin Su, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in New York, NY. He graduated from Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University and specializes in orthopedic surgery, orthoptics, and more.

Dr. Su accepts

Dr. Su accepts the following insurance:

Oxford Health Plans

Dr. Su treats Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh more than 100% of his peers

Osteoarthritis

Dr. Su treats Osteoarthritis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Su treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
  • Bone Cancer
  • Computer-Assisted Surgery (CAS)
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Minimally Invasive Anterior Approach to the Hip
  • Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
  • Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision

My practice specializes in the treatment of hip and knee disorders in younger, active patients. This includes both non-surgical and surgical treatments for knee meniscus tears, hip labral tears, knee arthritis and hip arthritis. My goal is to relieve...

• Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Su

Dr. Su?
Dr. Su's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Edwin Su, MD
I am tremendously impressed with Dr Su. He detected (with no help from me) that I wasn't having knee problems, but rather, I was having back problems which were manifesting themselves through my knees. Which TOTALLY shocked me....my back felt fine He ordered MRI's, which confirmed his hunch. However, as he's a knee a hip man, not a back man, he passed me along to 1 of 3 back doctors, the choice being mine. I am still tremendously impressed with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I traveled from Louisiana to NYC to see Dr Su about hip resurfacing which I believed fit my active life style. Fortunately I was able th accomplish in one trip with an excellent result. As a physician, I wanted to get back to work ASAP. I was able to resume office duty part time after 7 days and full time in 14.thank you Dr Su and staff for a smooth procedure and post operative course.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I had both my hips done by Dr Su..great results, awesome doctor and staff. I couldn't be happier with the results!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
10 months after my hip replacement by Dr. Edwin Su, I can resume all activities including skiing!! Unbelievable quick recovery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I went for several opinions and I live in Philadelphia. I was young and found out about hip resurfacing and came to Dr. Su via a web site called surfacehippy.com that is great. Dr Su was fantastic I immediately felt confident that he could help me and he is caring and overall was outstanding I am a physician as well and he is a doctors doctor. The hospital was great too. I am almost 7 years out form my resurfacing and cannot recommend him highly enough 5 stars for sure!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Dr. Su changed my life! Seriously. Dr. Su, his associates and staff are all amazing people. And, everyone at HSS was fantastic. I had a hip re-surfacing 2 months ago. I was walking almost immediately after surgery and was only mildly uncomfortable...no real pain. Two months out and I feel amazing. I am singing their praises to anyone who will listen. My cousin in California needs hip surgery and I'm insisting she come to NYC, HSS and Dr. Su.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Surgeon skill and experience are the central considerations when having a hip resurfaced. Dr. Su's skill and experience are unsurpassed. I would not trust any other doctor to perform my resurfacing. I am five weeks out of surgery and have resumed all normal daily activities. I've been pain free from the moment I awoke after the procedure. My smooth recovery is largely a testament to his skill. If you're considering a hip resurfacing, make an appointment with Dr. Su. You'll be glad you did!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Dr. Su is an amazing surgeon! I livein Charleston South Carolina and travelled to New York City to have Dr. Su do bilateral hip replacements. I am a physician myself and I knew that Dr. Su would do the best job possible for me. Just 2 weeks ago I had both hips done and my recovery has been a breeze. I know that it is the expertise of Dr. Su that is allowing me to have such a great recovery. Before my surgery, I could hardly walk and just after two weeks, I am walking city blocks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I had my total hip replacement in October 2014, after over three years I can say without any hesitation that Dr.Edwin Su is a perfect example of a gifted surgeon, his Staff is more than excellent, especially Christina. Regarding the HSS overall service I could not be more satisfied, This hospital is out of this world, you can not compare the outstanding patient care and selection of staff there, about Dr.Edwin Su skills, well my hip operation was a total success "perfect".. Thank You Dr. Su.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
After my co-worker and friend, Victor Shimmons, recommended Dr. Su I was a little skeptical. I did some research and decided Dr. Su was the best choice. Sure enough, 3 weeks later, I know made the best decision of my life. My surgery was on November 28th 2017. I can walk with a cane, bathe myself and get around really well! Dr. Su has a great bedside manner, is trustworthy and caring. I highly recommend him in any capacity. His staff is also very attentive and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Dr Su did my total hip replacement .He is an excellent surgeon & i was up & walking right away. my whole experience was perfect from the moment i entered HSS. Christina who works In Dr Sus office was exceptional as well. I would recommend Dr Su 100%,he is the BEST!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Left me crippled and unable to walk and in constant pain 24/7, with less movement in my hip than prior to the surgery. Then told me he could do nothing for me. Was lucky to find another surgeon who easily reconstructed the hip and now able to do yoga, walk miles and have a life again.
Excellent surgeon. Highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Dr. Su is a gifted surgeon as well as a lovely person. He is well-versed on the most up-to-date procedures. I felt completely comfortable from the first time I met him, and he took his time to explain the procedure to me (anterior procedure of total hip replacement). My surgery went well, and I now feel like I have a new lease on life. I have no pain when I walk, and can do my 10,000 steps a day. I can't recommend him highly enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I am a female in my late 60's, not typical for Dr Su. Nonetheless he resurfaced each of my hips and each surgery was beautifully done with minimal scarring and great results, 3 and 7 years ago. When I needed a total knee replacement I was delighted to learn that one third of Dr Su's practice is knees. Within four weeks of his replacing my knee I had full flexion and could walk without assistance. Now at 10 weeks I am working on strength. Experienced PT's are amazed at my outstanding results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I had both hips resurfaced 2 years apart. Dr. Su gave me back my active lifestyle. I can swim, bike and jog with no hip pain. Dr. Su is the best in hip resurfacing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
This MD met all my needs with the Birmingham Resurfacing. I was so grateful to him for performing this surgery on me. I was back on the job in 3 weeks. I made him my Health Care Proxy for the surgery, as only he could decide what I needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Simply the best! Responsive, thoughtful, innovative, and extraordinary competent. Interviewed 2 other doctors, before selecting. I chose to travel 2700 miles to use him, and had an outstanding outcome from hip resurfacing. Well worth the trip and effort, and great follow-up attention whenever there were questions or special assistance was needed. Would not hesitate to recommend HSS and Dr.Su to anyone wanting the best professional care available for hip surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I simply can't imagine a better experience. If you ever need a hip surfacing surgery Dr. Su is probably one of the best specialist in the world. !!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I had complications after surgery. Once i started having complications the office seemed to lose interest and usually would not get back to me. I had to call many times and even then took 2 - 3 weeks to get any kind of response if i got a response at all. My emails to the PA were mostly ignored.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Su?