Dr. Edwin Su, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 48

Dr. Su
Telehealth services available

541 E 71st St New York, NY 10021

Dr. Edwin Su, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. Dr. Su has more experience with Hip/Pelvic Bones than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Hospital For Special Surgery. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Su to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Su with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital.

Make an appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital today at (914) 573-4509.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital.

Dr. Su's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Su

4.5

Dr. Su?
After years of pain and discomfort, I booked an appt. with Dr. Su for my knee. After consultation with Dr Su, it was decided a total knee replacement would be beneficial to my life. Had surgery in Nov. 2019 and have to say it was the best thing I have done. Dr su did a fantastic job, no pain, walking day after surgery and my life is back to where I can do the things I want. I thank Dr Su for giving me my life back!
Richard J. Rodrigues – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Six years after having both hips resurfaced at age 59 (4 months apart) I feel that I still lead an active, unrestricted life. Prior to the surgeries I could barely walk. Right after the surgery, there was some swelling and stiffness, but nothing I would call pain. I’m a big guy (230lbs.), but rehab was a breeze and I remain pain free.
Mount Kisco, NY – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Relates to a patient as though the patient is a cadaver. Left crippled after operation.
Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Outstanding surgeon. Dr. Su did wonders for my husband and for me. I never thought that a hip replacement would be so easy and pain free. I was walking within days and was back to full activities within months. Dr. Su is a truly gifted surgeon and a kind and caring person.
Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I am tremendously impressed with Dr Su. He detected (with no help from me) that I wasn't having knee problems, but rather, I was having back problems which were manifesting themselves through my knees. Which TOTALLY shocked me....my back felt fine He ordered MRI's, which confirmed his hunch. However, as he's a knee a hip man, not a back man, he passed me along to 1 of 3 back doctors, the choice being mine. I am still tremendously impressed with him.
David Rosen – Jul 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I traveled from Louisiana to NYC to see Dr Su about hip resurfacing which I believed fit my active life style. Fortunately I was able th accomplish in one trip with an excellent result. As a physician, I wanted to get back to work ASAP. I was able to resume office duty part time after 7 days and full time in 14.thank you Dr Su and staff for a smooth procedure and post operative course.
James E lusk Md – Jul 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I had both my hips done by Dr Su..great results, awesome doctor and staff. I couldn't be happier with the results!
Nancy Barrow in Farmington, CT – Jan 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
10 months after my hip replacement by Dr. Edwin Su, I can resume all activities including skiing!! Unbelievable quick recovery
Jennifer Lo in Great Neck, NY – Dec 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I went for several opinions and I live in Philadelphia. I was young and found out about hip resurfacing and came to Dr. Su via a web site called surfacehippy.com that is great. Dr Su was fantastic I immediately felt confident that he could help me and he is caring and overall was outstanding I am a physician as well and he is a doctors doctor. The hospital was great too. I am almost 7 years out form my resurfacing and cannot recommend him highly enough 5 stars for sure!
Dr. Mitchell Kahn in Philadelphia, PA – Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Dr. Su changed my life! Seriously. Dr. Su, his associates and staff are all amazing people. And, everyone at HSS was fantastic. I had a hip re-surfacing 2 months ago. I was walking almost immediately after surgery and was only mildly uncomfortable...no real pain. Two months out and I feel amazing. I am singing their praises to anyone who will listen. My cousin in California needs hip surgery and I'm insisting she come to NYC, HSS and Dr. Su.
Paul Purcell in New York – May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Surgeon skill and experience are the central considerations when having a hip resurfaced. Dr. Su's skill and experience are unsurpassed. I would not trust any other doctor to perform my resurfacing. I am five weeks out of surgery and have resumed all normal daily activities. I've been pain free from the moment I awoke after the procedure. My smooth recovery is largely a testament to his skill. If you're considering a hip resurfacing, make an appointment with Dr. Su. You'll be glad you did!
Michael Connor in New York – Jan 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Dr. Su is an amazing surgeon! I livein Charleston South Carolina and travelled to New York City to have Dr. Su do bilateral hip replacements. I am a physician myself and I knew that Dr. Su would do the best job possible for me. Just 2 weeks ago I had both hips done and my recovery has been a breeze. I know that it is the expertise of Dr. Su that is allowing me to have such a great recovery. Before my surgery, I could hardly walk and just after two weeks, I am walking city blocks.
Marguerite Germain, MD in Charleston, SC – Jan 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I had my total hip replacement in October 2014, after over three years I can say without any hesitation that Dr.Edwin Su is a perfect example of a gifted surgeon, his Staff is more than excellent, especially Christina. Regarding the HSS overall service I could not be more satisfied, This hospital is out of this world, you can not compare the outstanding patient care and selection of staff there, about Dr.Edwin Su skills, well my hip operation was a total success "perfect".. Thank You Dr. Su.
Luis H in New York City – Jan 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
After my co-worker and friend, Victor Shimmons, recommended Dr. Su I was a little skeptical. I did some research and decided Dr. Su was the best choice. Sure enough, 3 weeks later, I know made the best decision of my life. My surgery was on November 28th 2017. I can walk with a cane, bathe myself and get around really well! Dr. Su has a great bedside manner, is trustworthy and caring. I highly recommend him in any capacity. His staff is also very attentive and caring.
Maria Guzman in North Bergen, NJ – Dec 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Dr Su did my total hip replacement .He is an excellent surgeon & i was up & walking right away. my whole experience was perfect from the moment i entered HSS. Christina who works In Dr Sus office was exceptional as well. I would recommend Dr Su 100%,he is the BEST!!!!!
Penny Yegelwel in Hewlett NY – May 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Left me crippled and unable to walk and in constant pain 24/7, with less movement in my hip than prior to the surgery. Then told me he could do nothing for me. Was lucky to find another surgeon who easily reconstructed the hip and now able to do yoga, walk miles and have a life again.
Yonkers, NY – Apr 02, 2017
Excellent surgeon. Highly recommend
Bronx, NY – Mar 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
Dr. Su is a gifted surgeon as well as a lovely person. He is well-versed on the most up-to-date procedures. I felt completely comfortable from the first time I met him, and he took his time to explain the procedure to me (anterior procedure of total hip replacement). My surgery went well, and I now feel like I have a new lease on life. I have no pain when I walk, and can do my 10,000 steps a day. I can't recommend him highly enough.
New York, NY – Nov 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I am a female in my late 60's, not typical for Dr Su. Nonetheless he resurfaced each of my hips and each surgery was beautifully done with minimal scarring and great results, 3 and 7 years ago. When I needed a total knee replacement I was delighted to learn that one third of Dr Su's practice is knees. Within four weeks of his replacing my knee I had full flexion and could walk without assistance. Now at 10 weeks I am working on strength. Experienced PT's are amazed at my outstanding results.
Irene in Greenwich, CT – Jul 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?
I had both hips resurfaced 2 years apart. Dr. Su gave me back my active lifestyle. I can swim, bike and jog with no hip pain. Dr. Su is the best in hip resurfacing.
Joe G in Brewster, NY – Jun 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edwin Su, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Su?

My practice specializes in the treatment of hip and knee disorders in younger, active patients. This includes both non-surgical and surgical treatments for knee meniscus tears, hip labral tears, knee arthritis and hip arthritis. My goal is to relieve...Read more

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery