Dr. Edwin Kornoelje, DO

Dr. Edwin Kornoelje, DO

Family Medicine  ·

Dr. Edwin Kornoelje, DO is a family medicine specialist in Grand Rapids, MI and has been practicing for 23 years. He specializes in family medicine and sports medicine.Read his story

Metro Health Cascade

• Health Net Federal Services
  • Meridian Health Plan
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Priority Health
  • Priority Health Choice, Inc.
  • Zurich

Learn about Dr. Kornoelje

Dr. Kornoelje's Experience

Dr. Kornoelje's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice/OMT and Sports Medicine

Dr. Kornoelje's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kornoelje "I have practiced Primary Care and Sports Medicine for almost 17 years. I care for patients of all ages – from birth through adulthood – and and have a special interest in caring for active individuals and families. As an osteopathic physician, I focus on the whole person and believe diet and activity play a large role in patient health. Additionally, I am team physician for numerous area sports teams including the Grand Rapids Griffins, Grand Rapids Drive and Calvin College, as well as the majority of races and sporting events around West Michigan. These partnerships allow me to provide expert, expedited care for these teams as well as active individuals of all ages. I enjoy running and taking care of athletes and active individuals of all ages, activities and skill levels."

This content was provided by Dr. Kornoelje "Patient involvement is very important to me and my office. We work together with patients to create treatment plans that meets their goals for health and wellness. I know patients will have the best outcomes if we are all working toward the same goal and also feel it is important for them to take responsibility for their health.

I value a patient’s time and will take the time needed to ensure any health concerns are completely addressed. I also feel it is important to inform patients of results in a timely manner, and see patients the same or next day."

• Sports Medicine

• Family Practice/OMT
    Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians*
  • Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Mi State Univ Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1995

Dr. Kornoelje has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kornoelje does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kornoelje and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kornoelje's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kornoelje to family and friends

Dr. Kornoelje's Performance

Dr. Kornoelje Says:

I welcome any positive or constructive feedback on how I am doing. This helps me continue or improve the care I provide to patients.

I've been with Dr. Kornoelje since 2000. I find him to be an outstanding doctor and an excellent listener. Most doctors are always in such a hurry, but he's exceptionally patient with me during my appointments. I'm a former reporter and would highly recommend Dr. Kornoelje. I have a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I recently relocated to the Grand Rapids area. Needed to get established with a physician locally to address my medical needs, it was suggested by some friends to contact Dr. Kornoelje's office. I was able to get a new patient appointment in a reasonable amount of time and I found the staff to be...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Excellent -- he was thorough, understanding, inquisitive, and proactive. I'm very appreciative of his concern and care. Only issue was that his resident was less thorough, understanding, and helpful; but Dr K is ultimately overseeing the care and I understand the learning nature of a resident. ...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I have been Dr K's patient since he took over my old doctor's practice almost 18 years ago. Dr K is one of the nicest, yet most professional doctors I have ever met. He takes great care of myself and my son. You cannot go wrong with Dr. K.
Are you Dr. Kornoelje?