Dr. Edwin T. Kornoelje, DO

Dr. Edwin T. Kornoelje, DO

Family Medicine | Male | 49 years old

I have practiced Primary Care and Sports Medicine for almost 17 years. I care for patients of all ages – from birth through adulthood – and and have a special interest in caring for active individuals and families. As an osteopathic physician, I focus on the whole person and believe diet and activity play a large role in patient health. Additionally, I am team physician for numerous area sports teams including the Grand Rapids Griffins, Grand Rapids Drive and Calvin College, as well as the majority of races and sporting events around West Michigan. These partnerships allow me to provide expert, expedited care for these teams as well as active individuals of all ages. I enjoy running and taking care of athletes and active individuals of all ages, activities and skill levels.Read more

Metro Health Cascade
4300 Cascade Rd SE Ste 101
Grand Rapids, MI 49546 Get Directions

Patient involvement is very important to me and my office. We work together with patients to create treatment plans that meets their goals for health and wellness. I know patients will have the best outcomes if we are all working toward the same goal and also feel it is important for them to take responsibility for their health. I value a patient’s time and will take the time needed to ensure any health concerns are completely addressed. I also feel it is important to inform patients of results in a timely manner, and see patients the same or next day.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Kornoelje's Experience

See how Dr. Kornoelje's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kornoelje

Dr. Kornoelje accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kornoelje has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Kornoelje
Dr. Kornoelje's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (9)
Dr. Kornoelje Says:

I welcome any positive or constructive feedback on how I am doing. This helps me continue or improve the care I provide to patients.

Have you seen Dr. Edwin T. Kornoelje, DO?
Are you Dr. Kornoelje?
Get started today!

Compare Dr. Kornoelje

More Family Practitioners like Dr. Kornoelje at Metro Health

Dr. Kornoelje's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kornoelje says...

As a runner and board-certified sports medicine physician, I have the knowledge, expertise and passion to care for active individuals of all ages and skill levels. In addition to seeing patients at our Cascade and Sports Medicine Center, our sports medicine team spends countless hours in the community covering events, giving lectures and staffing injury clinics.

I lecture all over the county on topics such as concussions, heart disease in athletes and injuries to young athletes, and work locally with collegiate, professional and Olympic athletes.

Dr. Kornoelje says...

As a sports medicine physician, I perform joint injections on multiple joints, including knees, shoulders and elbows. Additionally, I perform trigger-point injections and visco supplementation in knee joints. I also have a very successful plater fasciitis injection protocol.

Dr. Kornoelje says...

Dr. Kornoelje's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Sports Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Kornoelje has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kornoelje's Board Certifications

• Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
  • Sports Medicine

• Acne
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Diseases
  • Depression
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

MI STATE UNIV COLL OF OSTEO MED

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Kornoelje does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kornoelje and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine