Dr. Edwin Hall, MD

Dr. Edwin Hall, MD

Psychiatry | Male | 72 years old

62 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Hall specializes in Psychiatry and practices in Albuquerque, NM. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Hall? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Hall's Experience

See how Dr. Hall's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hall

Dr. Hall accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hall has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hall's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hall to family and friends
Dr. Hall's Performance
Albuquerque, NM |
This office is always an hour behind and it can take 1-2 weeks for them to respond to calls for prescription refills. Hi turnover in personnel. Stinks.
Albuquerque, NM |
Overall a good doctor. Is very good at listening to your ails but perhaps could do more to make suggestions on treatment. Also, many times after appt I have to google exactly what I am taking and how much. I've never waited less than 45 minutes past my scheduled appt. Expect to wait a long time.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Hall is a true healer. He uses a holistic approach, and read people better than any doctor I have ever met. I highly recommend him. You may have to wait up to an hour, even with your scheduled appointment, but it is worth it. Just remember he is giving all of his patients the same courtesy he will give you. He treats you like a team member that is part of your care, not just another patient. He deeply cares about all of his patients, and understands and knows them very well.
Albuquerque, NM |
Saved my life more than once. He expects total honesty.
in Albuquerque, NM |
I am a mental health practitioner, and it's hard to impress me. Dr. Hall is vastly knowledgeable, energetic, highly intuitive, and very warm. Strangely, He diagnosed me very early and was spot on - this diagnosis I do not wear on my sleeve. "Dr. John" (his colleague) is the yang to Dr. Hall's yin. John is a calm study, vastly knowledgeable, and very kind. The two Dr.s make an amazing team. I give them a huge recommendation, and say they are the best in Albuquerque.
Albuquerque, NM |
Takes care of entire family.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Hall has been a lifesaver for me. I suffer from depression, anxiety and ADD and he has identified and is treating my specific disorders. He has also helped me find a provider to remove my tonsils which has improved my quality of life and has reduced the severity of my sleep apnea. He may seem unorthodox to some but I've found that is often the case when dealing with geniuses. I believe Dr. Hall is a brilliant psychiatrist and that he not only has but continues to increase my quality of life.
in abq, Nm |
I have been a long term patient of Dr. Hall. Too often it's easy to over look the people who help make our lives better, and I want to express my deep appreciation for Dr. Hall, and his office staff as well. I have been greatly helped by Dr. Hall; his vast knowledge base as well as years of experience. He has a genuine interest in his patients, and will go to any length to give the very best care possible.
in Albuquerque, NM |
My first visit to Dr. Hall left me traumatized so I didn't go back. My thrapist wanted me to try him again seeing his associate John. I have been seeing him for approx. A year, I have been doing better until yesterday. To make a long story short, I was not even remembered, I was seen two weeks ago and had a specific situation occur and I called for a ok for my meds. John didn't remember me or my dog or my situation and didn't even document it. How do I feel about this, IDK.
in Bellvue, CO |
My family and I have been patients of Dr. Hall for more than 30 years. Our experience has been uniformly excellent. He is highly qualified, courteous, considerate, skillful in his treatment, and always a pleasure to interact with. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
in Albuquerque, NM |
He should have his license removed. When his assistant entered the room he continued to comment on our private discussion without my permission. He ran in and out of the office multiple times. He asked irrelevant questions and drew rediculous conclusions. He made some comments that were so bazaar I concluded he need to see a shrink (I'm not exaggerating). He did not listen to what I was saying. He had his back to me typing on his computer for the entire duration of the session. A disaster!
in Albuquerque, NM |
Before I found John Connell (Dr. Hall's assistant) my previous psychologist was unorganized, egotistical, vaguely ever remembered anything about me, and his wife always messed up my scheduling, which I would take the blame for the sake of their marriage, only to be scolded for something that wasn't my fault. I would go in and leave feeling even worse. I'm so glad John Connell listens to my problems with school, my mom, girlfriend, etc. and has helped me deal with life, he has been a life saver.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Hall and his staff are easy to talk to and they make every effort to make your visit as enjoyable as possible. Gorgeous artwork in all rooms. I LOVE the bright colors. Earthy, serene surroundings. Beware of the vortex couches. Be prepared with RX's and ??'s. As a healthcare provider myself, I am completely comfortable with this practice and am grateful for the compassionate care I receive. Thanks John! Dr. Hall is a down to earth medical doctor. An ICON.- YOU CANNOT RETIRE Dr. HALL.!
Albuquerque |
Dr. Hall has another psychologist working with him by the name, Jon Conell. I've so far have been my treatment by him. I have no complaints at this time about Jon. He's knowledgeable about psych disorders and offers great treatment options
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Hall is an amazing Practitioner! He cares very deeply for me as a patient. He remembers details about me and my life that shows me that he really cares for me as a person; not just another patient. He has a tremendous wealth of up-to-date knowledge when it comes to medicine and treatments and he really knows how to treat symptoms in a positive fashion that help make me feel so much better about myself. I have seen other mental health providers in the past, but Dr. Hall is the BEST!
in abq nm |
I have been seeing dr hall for about 10 years..I'm also a health care proffessional. Dr hall is a big 10 in my book...he has helped me tremendously in his knowledge and proffessional expertise..combined with a true caring for his patients. I won't trust my care to anyone else and highly recommend him.
Albuquerque, NM |
whenever I was actually heard he is a great doctor!
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Hall has helped me through some issues I have never experienced before. I was strong, goal oriented, and driven but started going the opposite way and found myself worried about my job and mental state. After seeing Dr. Hall and talking through some of those concerns, we were able to come up with a plan for me and I started seeing benefits soon after. I am back to my old self and am thankful for his help.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Hall is one of the few doctors I have found who understood my symptoms, diagnosed them properly and treated them appropriately. Given his years of experience in psychiatry, he has a breadth of background and knowledge which I have found lacking in younger doctors. Dr. Hall's staff has fit me into his schedule on short notice when necessary. I highly recommend Dr. Hall.
Albuquerque |
Dr. Halls treatment is and had made my quality of life so much better. He is extremely dedicated and compassionate to his patients.
in Albuquerque, NM |
No muss, no fuss. He treats me like an adult with a brain who is capable of participating in decisions about my own care. We get right to the point in our conversations, kick ideas back and forth and reach consensus. When he disagrees with what I want for myself--which is not that common--he explains why and generally convinces me that he really does know best.
Have you seen Dr. Edwin Hall, MD?
Are you Dr. Hall?

Compare Dr. Hall

Dr. Hall's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in New Mexico not available

Dr. Hall has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hall's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Colo Dept Psyc

Completed in 1974

U NM

Completed in 1981

Dr. Hall does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hall and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry