Dr. Edward Turpin, MD

Sleep Medicine ·  Male · Age 55

Dr. Turpin

Dr. Edward Turpin, MD is a sleep medicine specialist in Huntsville, AL and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from University Of Florida College Of Medicine in 1990 and specializes in sleep medicine, sleep medicine (psychiatry & neurology), and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Turpin accepts

Dr. Turpin accepts the following insurance:

Federal Employee Program
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
CHAMPVA
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Tricare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alabama

Check if Dr. Turpin treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Turpin's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Confusion
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sleep Study

• Sleep Medicine
  • Psychiatry
  • Sleep Medicine (Psychiatry & Neurology)

Wake Forest University Baptist Med Center

1.8

Dr. Turpin?
Dr. Turpin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Edward Turpin, MD
I met with Dr. Turpin for the initial consult, seemed very knowledgeable. I changed to an HSA this year as I've have had good health. I had to pay sleep lab out of pocket, the follow up, Dr. Turpin was running behind schedule. I consulted with the CRNP that gave the impression she was literally handed my results as she walked in. Later learned they billed my insurance $800 for the CRNP to go over the 2 pages from sleep study. I bought my own CPAP to maximize my out of pocket cost.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Turpin, MD?
I will never recommend Dr Turpin’s office to any of my friends and family! I will never return to his office again! I have been a patient for 18 years and have had it! I need a prescription refilled and have called multiple times, my pharmacy has called multiple times, I still don’t have a prescription.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Turpin, MD?
They've had some trouble getting their things in order as a practice, but over the last two years they've proved to work hard and tirelessly to fix their office problems. Great doc and CRNP
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Turpin, MD?
I will not return to Alabama Sleep Clinic. Today was the second time out of three appointments that they claim I was 30 minutes late. I was not late either time. I mark all appointments on my iPhone calendar and give myself 30 minutes of travel time. I'm chronically ill after exposure to mold at my workplace and I have no sick or vacation time. I'm losing pay. They said I would have to reschedule but I won't be returning. Don't go here! I'm going to go to Dr. Najaf, only a block away.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Turpin, MD?
My problem isn't with Dr Turpin himself but with his staff. My insurance covers this place and this doctor but whoever does the billing didn't file it and almost a year later I received a statement in the mail for hundreds of dollars. If you decide to use this place, please-please, keep up with everything insurance and billing wise. I did try to my best and hardest to fix this with them to no avail. They act like they did nothing wrong.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Turpin, MD?
Nothing bad to say about Dr Turpin (spent maybe 5 min w/hum as my previous sleep doc left the practice). But his office staff is terrible! They lied, didn't return calls, mismanaged paperwork & records, and were just downright rude. Since tou spend more time dealing w/staff than actual doc, this was a showstopper for me. Found a different sleep clinic in Huntsville w/a great doc & a fantastic staff! Don't waste your time here!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Turpin, MD?
The office staff is generally unpleasant. They do not return phone calls. When you call to follow up they make you feel like you are bothering them. Records regarding meds, symptoms, etc are not updated accurately, probably due to frequent nursing staff turnover. They make you feel like you are medication seeking. Dr. Turpin is just ok. He does explain things, but relies heavily on his staff to do their jobs (see above).When I get to see him for it is only for 2 minutes after seeing the NP.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Turpin, MD?
Staff is not knowledgeable, staff is not helpful, staff borders on rude. Dr. Turpin appears concerned but nothing he prescribed has worked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Turpin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Turpin?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Turpin treats patients.