Dr. Edward Taylor III, MD

Dr. Edward Taylor III, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. Edward Taylor III, MD is a general surgery specialist in Bakersfield, CA and has been practicing for 26 years. He specializes in general surgery and surgery.

Riverwalk Surgical Associates, Bakersfield, CA

3838 San Dimas St Ste B231

Bakersfield, CA 93301

• GEMCare
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • Kern Family Health Care
  • Operating Engineers Health & Welfare Plan
  • Triwest

Learn about Dr. Taylor III

See how frequently Dr. Taylor III performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gallbladder Removal
Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic

Dr. Taylor III's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Taylor III "I believe in being intimately involved in preoperative as well as postoperative care of my patients. I believe patients should be integral in the surgical decision making process. In order to facilitate this, I pride myself in educating my patients. Patients should know if several different surgical options exist and choose what is best for them. I am trained in both open and advanced Laparoscopic techniques thus allowing me to offer the best option for each patient. I believe in doing what is best for the patient. Even though I am skilled in an extensive array of surgical procedures, I realize that I am not an expert in everything. If a patient is better served by a different surgeon, I will not hesitate to refer to the appropriate specialist. After being a "do everything" surgeon at the County for over 20 years, at this point in my career I am "working" because I truly love what I do."

• General Surgery
  • Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for California.

• U Calif Davis

• Best Abstract award, SAGES, 1995
  • Teacher of the Year, Kern Med CTR, 1999
  • Professional Education Award, Am Cancer Society, 1996
  • Best Teacher in Laparoscopic Surgery, KMC, 2007
  • Resident Achievement Award, Laparoscopy, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, 1992
  • Intern of the year, Kern Medical Ctr, 1988
  • Volunteer Award, American Cancer Society, 1995
  • more than 50 peer reviewed journal articles published covering many different general surgery topics,

Dr. Taylor III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taylor III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Bakersfield Memorial Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Taylor III is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View awards

Dr. Taylor III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Taylor III to family and friends

Dr. Taylor III's Performance

Dr. Taylor in my and wifes eyes is one of the best Doctors in the area, he is very straight forward and caring at the same time, and I might add funny also, my family would not hesitate to doubt him for anything I would recommend in a heart beat.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Taylor was exceptional in his explanations, for the surgery and recovery. Everything was spot on and I will recommend him for any surgery in his specialties to anybody that asks for my opinion.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Everyone is professional, kind and just wonderful!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Taylor made me feel comfortable from the second he first walked in the exam room. He was detailed and answered all my questions and concerns. Made it easier to want to proceed with my surgery. I felt that I was in good hands and well taken care off.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Excellent doctor. Very not to earth and explained things very well. Suirgery went quickly and a great outcome. Highly recommend this very experience surgeon.
Are you Dr. Taylor III?

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Taylor III at Riverwalk Surgical Associates, Bakersfield, CA

General Surgery Specialist