Dr. Edward Taylor III, MD

Dr. Edward Taylor III, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Edward Taylor III, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Bakersfield, CA. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Taylor III is affiliated with Bakersfield Memorial Hospital and Mercy Hospitals.

Riverwalk Surgical Associates, Bakersfield, CA

3838 San Dimas St Ste B231

• GEMCare
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • Operating Engineers Health & Welfare Plan
  • Triwest

Learn about Dr. Taylor III

I believe in being intimately involved in preoperative as well as postoperative care of my patients. I believe patients should be integral in the surgical decision making process. In order to facilitate this, I pride myself in educating my patients. Patients should know if several different surgical options exist and choose what is best for them. I am trained in both open and advanced Laparoscopic techniques thus allowing me to offer the best option for each patient. I believe in doing what is best for the patient. Even though I am skilled in an extensive array of surgical procedures, I realize that I am not an expert in everything. If a patient is better served by a different surgeon, I will not hesitate to refer to the appropriate specialist. After being a "do everything" surgeon at the County for over 20 years, at this point in my career I am "working" because I truly love what I do.

Dr. Taylor III's Experience

Dr. Taylor III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Breast Lump
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Cholecystitis
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Follicular Adenocarcinoma
  • Follicular Thyroid Cancer
  • Gallstones
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Invasive Breast Cancer
  • Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
  • Invasive Lobular Carcinoma
  • Lipomas
  • Lobular Carcinoma in Situ (LCIS)
  • Locally Advanced Breast Cancer

• Breast Reconstruction
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Vagotomy
  • Ventral Herniorrhaphy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for California.

• U Calif Davis

• Best Abstract award, SAGES, 1995
  • Teacher of the Year, Kern Med CTR, 1999
  • Professional Education Award, Am Cancer Society, 1996
  • Best Teacher in Laparoscopic Surgery, KMC, 2007
  • Resident Achievement Award, Laparoscopy, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, 1992
  • Intern of the year, Kern Medical Ctr, 1988
  • Volunteer Award, American Cancer Society, 1995
  • more than 50 peer reviewed journal articles published covering many different general surgery topics,

Dr. Taylor III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taylor III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Bakersfield Memorial Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Taylor III is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Taylor III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Taylor III to family and friends
Dr. Taylor III's Performance
Bakersfield, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Taylor to perform surgery to remove a mass from breast. I entered my consultation and surgery very nervous, but Dr. Taylor has a genuinely approachable nature and put my nerves at ease during both appointments. He was very reassuring and clearly knowledgeable.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Taylor, while very professional, comes across immediately as a nice guy with a sense of humor. He took the time to explain the procedure to me and answer my questions in terms I could understand. He also presented options as to timing of the procedure. I went away from the first meeting knowing I was with the right doctor. Subsequent contact only strengthened this first impression. While it may appear that I am by nature a high rater, the ratings below were seriously consider.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Great doctor. Pleasant, easy to talk to, is totally committed to your problem and ready to get right on it. Did a fantastic job. Made my surgery experience so easy. Thank you Dr. Taylor.
Taft, CA |
Dr. Taylor was great. He performed a hernia surgery on my 9 yr old and it went flawless so when i was diagnosed with a bad gallbladder he was my go-to. Once again he did a great job. Not only is his surgery the best but his office staff is great and he never keeps me waiting.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Very courteous, takes time to explain and answer patient's questions/concerns... with the two surgeries he did on me I have no complications at all and recovered fast ... this is my first time to have him as my doctor and if I or my family needs his service I give him all my trust to save my life .again ..... he is a surgeon who has compassion for his patients and is very dedicated to his profession and work .... hope a lot of other doctors still has this attitude and insight ...
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Taylor took the extra time to answer all my questions and gave me excellent information to make my own health care decision without pressure.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Taylor after receiving an abnormal breast biopsy diagnosis. He explained everything thouroughly in ways that made it easy for me to understand, and the procedure he would be performing. He has such a human touch about him. He is an excellent doctor. I met with Dr. Taylor a week later and he explained thoroughly every detail about the options available to me. He also gave me his recommendation, and I took his advice without hesitation. I would recommend him to anyone.
Anaheim, CA |
He communicated everything about pre and post surgery care very well. He answered all my questions fully and didn't leave me questioning or worrying about anything.
Bakersfield, CA |
A very precise and professional experience from the initial appointment, Doctor's assessment, scheduling for surgery, pre and post-operative details and followup one week later. Dr. Taylor was very communicative and attentive to my situation and with Dr. Hernandez, anesthesiologist, my sensitivity to anesthesia nausea.
in Arvin, CA |
Dr.Edward W.Taylor 111 has done three surgeries on my self ,and just recently did one for my son ,his caring and understanding with his patients he great at explaining the before and after surgery he takes his time and listens to any questions patients have always with a smile and so profecional and his office personal are always so polite and helpful if I oh any off my family ever need another surgery I would ?? trust him to perform it he is the best at what he does .thank you Dr.Edward Taylor
in Bakersfield, CA |
DR. Taylor is a wonderful DR. He is very passionate about what he does. He has made my surgical experience by far less fearsome. He listens to his Patients and explains every detail. He was there at the bedside every morning at the hospital during my recovery checking and making sure I was okay and answering any questions. He made sure i was pain free as much as possible. He made me feel very comfortable. He did not hurry off to the next patient. he took his time. I highly recommend Dr. Taylor.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Taylor was concerned about my needs and answered the questions I had about my surgery and recovery. My surgery was without complications and I am on my way to a speedy recovery. I am pleased with the care I received from Dr. Taylor and his staff.
Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Taylor was amazing, he listened to all my concerns and answered all my questions patiently. He was very professional yet made me feel like I was his only patient. He helped to ease all my fears. I was so glad I chose him as my surgeon and would highly recommend him. The staff at his office were also very friendly and were always helpful to all who came through the office that I saw.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I enjoyed talking with Doctor Taylor excellent in explaining the procedure and what to expect after surgery. I highly recommend Doctor Taylor.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Could not have asked for a better doctor for my gallbladder surgery. Very professional.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Taylor squeezed me into his already full schedule when he didn't have to. Within 6 days I had tests ran, tests evaluated AND surgery! No other Dr in town would even schedule an appointment before 6 weeks!!
in Bakersfield, CA |
He has very good bedside manor! He was a wonderful doctor and made me very comfortable with having gallbladder surgery that I needed. I've had surveys before and I have to say this was easiest one! I was only sore for about a day and recovery was very quick! I believe it was due to his skills as seurgon. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family! I will be going to him in the future if I need any other surgeries! Also the nurses at milenum surgery center made me very comfortable!
in Bakersfield, CA |
I thought everyone associated with my visits were great! Thanks for making it a positive experience.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr.Taylor has great bedside manner, is patient, very kind and a skilled surgeon. As an RN myself I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a general surgeon!!!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Taylor is very informative. Before my surgery he gave complete information about the thyroid. He told me what may and may not happen during the procedure. After the surgery he told me what to expect during the next two weeks. He told me exactly what he had done during surgery. He is a great Doctor. He also has a great sense of humor.
in Bakersfield, CA |
As far as surgery goes, Dr Taylor is highly recommended by me, .. knowledgable, attentive with a great bed side manner!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr Taylor and his staff were great. I would recommend Dr Taylor highly made the whole procedure relaxing. Very Very professional both himself his staff and the care I received prior,during and after. Thanks
in Bakersfield, CA |
Very nice man, and excellent doctor. Took time to explain the surgical procedures to me before surgery, and showed every concern for my comfort and care after the surgery.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Exellent no other words to describe doctor tylor Had a gallbladder surgery every thing went well his staff excellent as well :)
Bakersfield, CA |
With this surgery procedure I had a much better,faster recovery. Staff was polite, attentive and had their ear to the ground.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Taylor III was recommended by my flight physician for an 2 year old inguinal hernia. Knowing just enough about anatomy to be dangerous, I had to ask every question about the procedure and post (1) year recovery. Dr. Taylor III was very professional and explained in detail of the procedure and recovery. Staff could not be better as they followed up on clearance, Pre-Op and twice on Post-Op. Its been 4 weeks since surgery and I'm very happy. I would place any family member in Dr. Taylors hands
in Bakersfield, CA |
When I had an appointment, his staff was welcoming and called me into an examination room quickly. Dr. Taylor came in shortly. Dr. Taylor was respectful and kind. He listened intently and addressed every question with empathy and quickly alleviated my worries. In the hospital he asked questions about my pain level and offered comfort & resolution for the concerns I had.
in Bakersfield, CA |
This was my first time under the knife.I took a liking to Dr.Taylor when we shook hands. He told me everything in detail and everything went really well. Recovery at the Millennium surgery center could not have been any better.Very pleased.Thank you everyone. Marty White
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr Taylor's bedside manner is very reassuring. He took away my fears. Everything worked out just like he said.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Taylor did my surgery last week. He made sure I was not in any pain afterwards and I recovered exceedingly well, being able to exercise the following day. He and his office staff followed up and ensured I was taken care of afterwards as well. He is great, easy to talk to, and there is little or no wait time in his office. I would highly recommend him for any surgery.
in Bakersfield, CA |
He is very nice person . He treat me very well .
in Bakersfield, CA |
I have had three different encounters with Dr. Taylor. The first time his was the instructor helping a young surgeon with a particularly challenging colon surgery on my husband. If that procedure had been messed up, my husband would have ended up with a colostomy bag (at age 50, obviously something we did not want to happen). Te doctors took their time and in the end the procedure was very successful. This was about ten years ago and the tumor has not reemerged.
in Bakersfield, CA |
After surgery everything seemed to fall apart. Because of allowable characters, I'll give a brief list: 1. Conflicting post-op instructions from Doctor, Surgery Center, and MA 2. Taylor contradicting himself 3. Taking me off of restriction less than 48 hours after which led to: 4. Wounds opening with stitches exposed 5. Numbness and swelling 6. Deniability of any wrong doing without even being accused 7. Several Cuts measuring a few inches rather than a few centimeters as stated during consult
in Bakersfield, CA |
Experienced surgeon; extremely knowledgable. Scheduling was easy; explained procedure thoroughly and appeared to genuinely care for my well being.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Office staff very nice and helpful. Dr. Taylor very friendly makes you feel comfortable then explains procedure well. Hope I don't need surgery anytime soon but if I did I would definitely go back.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Taylor was very pleasant & knowledgeable about my condition. He spent a good amount of time explaining the procedure & the after care. I was very pleased with Dr. Taylor throughout my surgery & recuperation. Thank you Dr. Taylor!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Taylor repaired by Hernia, his patient care was wonderful. His compassion for my well being before and after surgery was outstanding. I felt like I was in good hands the entire time, and the fact that he also brought in another surgeon for the surgery made me feel even more comfortable. I would highly recommend him. Thanks so much Dr. Edward Taylor.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Taylor was very thorough in his explanation of my condition. He also explained one more time before the surgery what he was going to be doing. He is a great surgeon.
Dr. Taylor is one of the most sincere caring doctors,he puts your fears at ease. Great doctor highly recommend.
in Bakersfield, CA |
He was very thorough in explaining all options. Very professional yet personable. Felt very comfortable and at ease having him perform my surgery. Highly recommend him.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Taylor put us at ease regarding the pending surgery and always has operated on both my wife and myself.
Have you seen Dr. Edward Taylor III, MD?
Are you Dr. Taylor III?

Visit Dr. Taylor III

Dr. Taylor III accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • GEMCare
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA

420 34th St
Mercy Hospitals
2215 Truxtun Ave
Bakersfield, CA 93301

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Taylor III at Riverwalk Surgical Associates, Bakersfield, CA

Dr. Vipul Dev, MD