Dr. Edward Sodaro, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Dr. Edward Sodaro, MD
Dr. Edward Sodaro, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Amityville, NY. He is 69 years old and has been practicing for 44 years.

Dr. Sodaro's Experience

See how Dr. Sodaro's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sodaro

Dr. Sodaro accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Sodaro is now accepting new patients
Edward R Sodaro MD137 Broadway

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sodaro to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Sodaro's Performance
in Moriches |
Very knowledgeable, caring, available. His office staff is very attentive to the patients needs, answer calls or returns them quickly.
Hiksville |
I would not recommend him to anyone .He prescribes addictive drugs so the patient sees him more often.He does not let you talk.Be careful.
in Brentwood, NY |
I saw Dr. Sodaro 3 times for severe depression. Upon trying to make a 4th appt, he tells me he thought he took my insurance but doesn't and can't see me anymore. Basically he dropped me as a patient with 0 referrals or help even though I was still on a new med that he had prescribed for me. Is this even legal?
in Babylon, NY |
Dr. Sodaro is an excellent specialest who is a great listener, always running on time, and has excellent office staff. His knowledgeable recommendations and treatment plans are effective and he has wonderful office hours, including Saturdays, make scheduling appointments easy.
in Massapequa, NY |
He is highly competent and takes very good care of me.
Massapequa, NY |
Extremely attentive, caring and professional.
in Massapequa Park, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Sodaro since the 90's. He is a very caring, professional, competent psychiatrist. He always goes out of his way to ensure my stability. I really wouldn't have gotten as far in life as I have without his help.
in Copiague, NY |
Understanding, caring and extremely informed on illnesses and how to treat approprietly. Working mirracles with my teenage son's illness. His teachers friends and family are amazed how much he has changed for the better under Dr. Sodaro's care. I can't thank him enough. Michael R.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Sodaro is kind, compassionate and an amazing doctor! He has saved me, my husband and our son from some very serious situations. Bi-polar disorder, severe depression and much, much more. We have tried numerous psychiatrists before we found him. My only regret is we didn't find him sooner!
in Massapequa, NY |
I've been under Dr. Sodaro's care since the mid 1990's. My behavior was violent, angry, aggressive and dangerous. It took several years to identify the right amount and type of medication but in the past 15 years I've been promoted twice and hold a high level position. At each visit he recalls the previous visit and pays close attention to you.I would never be where I am today without the care and concern of Dr. Sodaro.
in Massapequa NY |
I asked a friend who he thought was the best psychiatrist around. He told me Dr. Sodaro. I went to him and I was very satisfied and more. He is a conscience Doctor and true professional. He is interested, listens and cares about his patients. He is a great clinician and diagnostician. He helped me through stressful times in my personal and professional life. Best Psychiatrist on South Shore! I am a nurse and would recommend him to my friends and family . He is also extremely intelligent !
in Massapequa, New York 11758 |
After considering two other doctors within Dr. Sodaro's profession, I was fortunate to find him approximately two years ago. He has helped me tremendously get through the transitional period of my life regarding my career transition in a very changing industry. I would strongly suggest any person going through any trying times of their life to sit and discuss their situation with Dr. Sodaro. He is a true caring professional.
Have you seen Dr. Edward Sodaro, MD?
Are you Dr. Sodaro?

Compare Dr. Sodaro

Dr. Sodaro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Addiction Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine

Dr. Sodaro has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sodaro's Board Certifications

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adult Panic Anxiety Syndrome
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Predominantly Inattentive Type
  • Attention Problems
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Panic Disorder With Agorapobia
  • Persistent Anxiety
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

SUNY Stony Brook Affil Hosp

Completed in 1976

NY Hosp Cornell Med Coll

Completed in 1980

Dr. Sodaro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sodaro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry
  • Addiction Psychiatry
  • Forensic Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry
  • Psychosomatic Medicine

• ADHD Testing
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services