Dr. Edward T. Shin, MD

Dr. Edward T. Shin, MD

Pain Medicine | Male | 52 years old

177 reviews| Leave a review

Patient Testimonials

"Because pain is complex, we focus on individualizing each treatment plan to meet the specific needs of our patients." -Dr. ShinRead more

Dr. Shin's Experience

See how Dr. Shin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shin

Dr. Shin accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shin to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Shin
Dr. Shin's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (173)
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Shin is a very knowledgeable and compassionate physician who cares deeply about his patients and profession.
in Dallas, TX |
Good bedside manner, his office is pretty good at scheduling so he runs on time. Conservative doctor, doesn't believe in surgery first.
in Dallas, Texas |
Dr. Shin is a fabulous doctor. He listened to all my needs and together we created a plan to tackle this back pain. His staff was all amazing. They got me in and out within the hour. Scheduling an injection was also super easy. His staff and the staff of the surgery center gave perfect details on what I needed to do/bring and how to get there. I would recommend Dr. Shin to any of my family members/friends.
in Austin, TX |
Very knowledgeable made me feel good about his ability to help with my problems. Explained everything in detail so I could understand. I felt like he wanted to help me not just run me through the mill like some Doctors I ha been to.
Dallas, TX |
I absolutely love Dr. Shin. He is very caring and attentive to my needs. I highly recommend him to anyone.
Austin, TX |
I had a great experience and would recommend Dr. Shin to my family.
Austin, TX |
Great Patient care staff is just great would definitely recommend.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Shin is professional and took the time I needed to feel comfortable. I would recommend Dr. Shin!
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Shin is the best out there! He's the most caring doctor I have ever met. And that's difficult to find. He would recommend what is best for you and your well being to help you long term. He's understanding but also wants you to understand what's best for you. Highly recommend.
Austin, TX |
Very attentive and caring doctor. He really listens to what I'm saying. The staff are all so professional and kind also. Best pain management doctor I've ever gone to!! Strongly recommend Dr. Shin!
in Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Shin and his staff are great! Wonderful experience with the entire process. Quick, efficient, very knowledgeable, courteous, and makes me feel like more than just a number. I can't say enough good things about this practice! Highly recommend!
in Frisco, TX |
Dr. Shin didn’t assume anything about me and allowed me to speak without rushing me. He addressed all my concerns, explained his assessment to me in terms I can comprehend, and involved me in the next step of care-- I can’t emphasize how much that means to me, to take part in my own treatment plan. He genuinely cares and that makes me feel like I'm not just another medical chart. I’m a human suffering from pain that not many people understand. Dr. Shin understands. I’m so happy he’s my doctor!
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Shin is a very caring person. He listens and explains to any questions that I may have. I LOVE the beautiful office and his staff! Definitely one of the friendliest doctor's office I have been to in a while. they are also very accommodating with my scheduling needs.
in Red Oak, TX |
Dr. Shin isn't a "pill pusher" so if you're looking for your next "dealer", don't go to him. But if you're looking for genuine pain relief, he's the man!
in Frisco, TX |
Dr. Shin is the worst Doctor I have ever been to. Did not care about all pains affecting my body. Just wanted to cut to the chase on my biggest ailment that I am going to have surgery on. He criticized all my doctors, talked to me rudely. He asked why I was even there when my orthopedic referred me to him. He said they have pain doctors on staff, so why him? Overall, he scared me that the protocol I have taken my meds for a very long time is high risk. He made me feel very uncomfortable.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Shin is highly skillful, no doubt. But he also has a character that is highly personable and caring. He remembers the details of our previous conversations and is genuinely concerned for me by being both my physician and educator. I was so impressed by the amount of time he was willing to sit down with me, clearing up confusions that I had about my own ailment. He personalized a plan for me, tailoring it to my needs so that I can be the healthiest version of myself. I am very thankful.
in Dallas, TX |
First doctor I have had in years who took the time to actually TALK to me. He is very goal oriented and we developed a plan for my pain relief. I feel so positive about the prospects for my recovery. Long waiting time (because he got stuck in a meeting) but when he did come in, he took an hour with me. Unheard of!!!
in Dallas, TX |
I love Dr. Shin. He is patient, calming and listens well. I always feel like he has a good grasp of my problem and pain and then works to solve it. Wouldn't want to have to see anyone else!
Royse City, TX |
Very informative. He had no problem sitting down talking with me about medication and treatment options. Did not treat me like I was a bother or that he was in a hurry.
in Murphy, TX |
Dr. Shin makes us feel that we couldn't get better or more compassionate care if we were family. He has gone beyond the physical and helped with the psychological aspect of dealing with the pain situation.
in Plano, TX |
I am so happy to have found Dr. Shin. He really spent a lot of time with me and explained my problem in a way was really easy to understand. He gave me hope and really seemed to care. I really appreciated that.
in Frisco, TX |
My visit with Dr. Shin was life changing. His direct and straight talking approach to assessing my problems was greatly appreciated. He recommended an apropriate pain management plan to mitigate my problems. He fully explained my situation as indicated by my MRI which was never done before by physicians I had visited. I now have confidence and optimism that I will obtain relief from a substantial amount of my pain and will acquire a more tolerable future life. I am so grateful to Dr. Shin.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Shin's entire staff is very professional & very helpful. I had a unique situation, in that I needed pain management & neck surgery within two weeks, as my insurance as about to expire. Dr. Shin went above & beyond the call of duty. He immediately got on the phone with a surgeon that he had worked with before. Between the two of them, they figured out ,along with the help of my BCBS case manager,how to get the needed neck surgeon completed before the end of the month!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Shin is truly one of the best doctors that I have Ever been treated by. He is VERY caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable! I have been dealing with a great amount of pain only ending up more frust after seeing several other physicians that either just wanted me to continue coming back for an OV or just a quick fix. I would highly recommend him to ANYONE looking for someone understand your pain and what you have been going through! He has changed my quality of life.
in McKinney, TX |
Dr. Shin is an absolute gem. He genuinely cares for his patients and never seems rushed in the doctor-patient exchange. He is obviously highly knowledgeable in his field. I only wished I had found Dr. Shin sooner, as I have dealt with a large amount of pain in the last several weeks. For the first time, through Dr. Shin's care, I feel I am finally getting some resolution. Dr. Shin, you ARE a blessing!
in Lewisville |
i have been a patient of Dr Shin for the past 5 years. He is a caring and knowledgeable doctir that cares for his patients genuinely .
in Plano TX |
This is not your average pain clinic....these people really care and Dr. Shin will be very straightforward with you about your situation. The previous pain clinics I went to just sat you down, wrote a script for pills and sent you down the road. My goal was to get off all the pills and Dr. Shin helped me do that and I am so thankful. He is truly a professional in every way and I will recommend him to anyone I come across.
in The Colony, TX |
Extremely pleased with his competency, the comprehensiveness of his knowledge, his personable nature and proactive approach to treatment..
in Dallas, tx |
Very friendly and knowledgeable.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Shin listened intently and heard every detail of my condition, and described to me their implication. He quickly and accurately diagnosed my condition and prescribed courses of action, therapies, and other specialists to confirm his finding. The therapies gave me be better ranges of motion. And coupled with the right prescribed medication, together they have given me a great and active quality of life. He has a most efficient office and courteous staff. I highly recommend Dr. Shin.
in Frisco, TX |
Dr. Shin got me in quickly and was thorough, compassionate and took a sincere interest in my injury. He spent the time to explain everything about my situation to me. I understood more after leaving his office then I did my surgeons office. I went back for an epidural steroid injection and he and his staff again were top notch. Thank you Dr. Shin!
He listens, he wants to help. He went a step further than the top neurologist in Dallas and found the solution to my problem. This solution was without pain medication of any kind. Dr Shin is the man. Thank you Dr Shin for giving me my life back.
Have you seen Dr. Edward T. Shin, MD?
Are you Dr. Shin?

Compare Dr. Shin

Dr. Shin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine

Tripler Army Med Center

Completed in 1992

Walter Reed Army Med Center

Completed in 1996

Philadelphia college of pharmacy and science

Graduated in 1986

• Korean

Dr. Shin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine

• Botox® Injection
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epidural Steroid Injections
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Rhizotomy
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results