Dr. Edward T. Shin, MD

Dr. Edward T. Shin, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Edward T Shin MD 5804 Communications Pkwy Ste 100, Plano, TX 75093 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

"Because pain is complex, we focus on individualizing each treatment plan to meet the specific needs of our patients." -Dr. ShinRead more

Dr. Shin's Experience

See how Dr. Shin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shin

Dr. Shin accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shin has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Shin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shin to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Shin
Dr. Shin's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (157)
in Frisco, TX |
Dr. Shin is the worst Doctor I have ever been to. Did not care about all pains affecting my body. Just wanted to cut to the chase on my biggest ailment that I am going to have surgery on. He criticized all my doctors, talked to me rudely. He asked why I was even there when my orthopedic referred me to him. He said they have pain doctors on staff, so why him? Overall, he scared me that the protocol I have taken my meds for a very long time is high risk. He made me feel very uncomfortable.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Shin is highly skillful, no doubt. But he also has a character that is highly personable and caring. He remembers the details of our previous conversations and is genuinely concerned for me by being both my physician and educator. I was so impressed by the amount of time he was willing to sit down with me, clearing up confusions that I had about my own ailment. He personalized a plan for me, tailoring it to my needs so that I can be the healthiest version of myself. I am very thankful.
in Dallas, TX |
First doctor I have had in years who took the time to actually TALK to me. He is very goal oriented and we developed a plan for my pain relief. I feel so positive about the prospects for my recovery. Long waiting time (because he got stuck in a meeting) but when he did come in, he took an hour with me. Unheard of!!!
in Dallas, TX |
I love Dr. Shin. He is patient, calming and listens well. I always feel like he has a good grasp of my problem and pain and then works to solve it. Wouldn't want to have to see anyone else!
Royse City, TX |
Very informative. He had no problem sitting down talking with me about medication and treatment options. Did not treat me like I was a bother or that he was in a hurry.
in Murphy, TX |
Dr. Shin makes us feel that we couldn't get better or more compassionate care if we were family. He has gone beyond the physical and helped with the psychological aspect of dealing with the pain situation.
in Plano, TX |
I am so happy to have found Dr. Shin. He really spent a lot of time with me and explained my problem in a way was really easy to understand. He gave me hope and really seemed to care. I really appreciated that.
in Frisco, TX |
My visit with Dr. Shin was life changing. His direct and straight talking approach to assessing my problems was greatly appreciated. He recommended an apropriate pain management plan to mitigate my problems. He fully explained my situation as indicated by my MRI which was never done before by physicians I had visited. I now have confidence and optimism that I will obtain relief from a substantial amount of my pain and will acquire a more tolerable future life. I am so grateful to Dr. Shin.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Shin's entire staff is very professional & very helpful. I had a unique situation, in that I needed pain management & neck surgery within two weeks, as my insurance as about to expire. Dr. Shin went above & beyond the call of duty. He immediately got on the phone with a surgeon that he had worked with before. Between the two of them, they figured out ,along with the help of my BCBS case manager,how to get the needed neck surgeon completed before the end of the month!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Shin is truly one of the best doctors that I have Ever been treated by. He is VERY caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable! I have been dealing with a great amount of pain only ending up more frust after seeing several other physicians that either just wanted me to continue coming back for an OV or just a quick fix. I would highly recommend him to ANYONE looking for someone understand your pain and what you have been going through! He has changed my quality of life.
in McKinney, TX |
Dr. Shin is an absolute gem. He genuinely cares for his patients and never seems rushed in the doctor-patient exchange. He is obviously highly knowledgeable in his field. I only wished I had found Dr. Shin sooner, as I have dealt with a large amount of pain in the last several weeks. For the first time, through Dr. Shin's care, I feel I am finally getting some resolution. Dr. Shin, you ARE a blessing!
in Lewisville |
i have been a patient of Dr Shin for the past 5 years. He is a caring and knowledgeable doctir that cares for his patients genuinely .
in Plano TX |
This is not your average pain clinic....these people really care and Dr. Shin will be very straightforward with you about your situation. The previous pain clinics I went to just sat you down, wrote a script for pills and sent you down the road. My goal was to get off all the pills and Dr. Shin helped me do that and I am so thankful. He is truly a professional in every way and I will recommend him to anyone I come across.
in The Colony, TX |
Extremely pleased with his competency, the comprehensiveness of his knowledge, his personable nature and proactive approach to treatment..
in Dallas, tx |
Very friendly and knowledgeable.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Shin listened intently and heard every detail of my condition, and described to me their implication. He quickly and accurately diagnosed my condition and prescribed courses of action, therapies, and other specialists to confirm his finding. The therapies gave me be better ranges of motion. And coupled with the right prescribed medication, together they have given me a great and active quality of life. He has a most efficient office and courteous staff. I highly recommend Dr. Shin.
in Frisco, TX |
Dr. Shin got me in quickly and was thorough, compassionate and took a sincere interest in my injury. He spent the time to explain everything about my situation to me. I understood more after leaving his office then I did my surgeons office. I went back for an epidural steroid injection and he and his staff again were top notch. Thank you Dr. Shin!
He listens, he wants to help. He went a step further than the top neurologist in Dallas and found the solution to my problem. This solution was without pain medication of any kind. Dr Shin is the man. Thank you Dr Shin for giving me my life back.
Have you seen Dr. Edward T. Shin, MD?
Are you Dr. Shin?

Compare Dr. Shin

Pain Medicine
Plano, TX 75093

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Pain Medicine

• Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

• Botox® Injection
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epidural Steroid Injections
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Rhizotomy
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)

Temple University School Of Medicine

Completed in 1996

Philadelphia College Of Pharmacy and Science

Graduated in 1986

• Korean

Dr. Shin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Shin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Pain Medicine
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Shin

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Shin's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Shin

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Shin's Care Philosophy