Dr. Edward Scheid Jr, MD

Dr. Edward Scheid Jr, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Edward Scheid Jr, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Slingerlands, NY and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University in 1994 and specializes in neurosurgery.

1220 New Scotland Rd Ste 204

Slingerlands, NY 12159

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Scheid Jr

See how frequently Dr. Scheid Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Herniated Disc
Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
Spinal Fusion

Dr. Scheid Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Scheid Jr "Neurosurgery at Capital Region Special Surgery offers rapid and comprehensive care for back and neck pain, degenerative spine disease and complex disorders. Our approach is to combine the least invasive with the most effective treatment available, specifically tailored for each patient. We see new patients in 48 hours. We specialize in evidence-based, multi-disciplinary treatments that include comprehensive diagnostic imaging on-site, McKenzie physical therapy, pain management, neurology, and minimally invasive surgery. Our team of highly skilled surgeons and allied health professionals are committed to excellence in all areas of spine care and bring a high level of compassion, experience and specialized training to our patients."

• Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Neurological Surgery*

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Ear Disorders
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1994

• Korean

Dr. Scheid Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scheid Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Scheid Jr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Scheid Jr

3.6

63.70967741935484%

Dr. Scheid Jr?
Dr. Scheid Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Edward Scheid Jr, MD
RecentHighestLowest
When faced with a major heath issue like I had, three discs pushing on your spinal cord, you only want the best to take care of you. I asked around and the same name kept coming up- Dr. Scheid. I saw him and I was not disappointed. He explained everything until I literally had no more questions for...Read More
KC – Sep 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Scheid Jr, MD?
Highly satisfied with the operation Dr .Scheid performed on me. I had an excellent outcome. Had a large herniation and he removed the piece that was abutting the nerves leading to my legs. I had immediate improvement after the operation. OVer the course of several months I regained most of my...Read More
H.F. – Sep 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Scheid Jr, MD?
Dr. Scheid is amazing. He operated on me as well as a friend I referred, and a relative. All three of us are doing extremely well. I can't say enough about the excellent care I received from Dr. Scheid and his nurses.
Kristen H – Sep 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Scheid Jr, MD?
Down to earth. Listens to you. Really felt that I was in good hands from the moment I met him. Turns out I was right. He nailed the cause of my pain and surgery went very very well!
Chrissy C. – Aug 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Scheid Jr, MD?
Excellent experience overall. The office runs like a finely oiled machine. I was seen quickly, got a scan after seeing the PA, then saw Dr. Scheid all in the same day. He referred me to PT for a slipped disc, which unfortunately didn't do a whole lot. Next he recommended a cortisone shot. I had...Read More
DJ – Aug 16, 2018
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Scheid Jr?