Dr. Edward Oklan, MD

see www.edoklanmd.comRead more

Dr. Oklan's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Oklan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Oklan

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Oklan has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Oklan

Dr. Oklan's Review Details
4.5 based on 33 responses
Experience with Dr. Oklan
Dr. Oklan's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (29)
in Marinwood, CA |
I am a medical professional who has been working with Dr. Oklan personally for four years and have found him to be a superb clinician who is knowledgeable, compassionate, kind and an EXPERT in medications. He returns calls promptly and goes well beyond the call making himself available in crisis. I trust his ability to make considered decisions and recommend him without hesitation.
in Sonoma |
Dr Oklan literally back me my life back. I was struggling and thru his patience, expertise, and humor he put me back on track. His "bedside manner" help me recover and maintain for over seven years.
in San Rafael, Ca |
I have been working with Dr. Oklan for over 10 years. Over those years I have come to not only know him well, but also delight in his professionalism, especially the way he as connected with me. Whenever I come across someone who is seeking help, Dr. Oklan is always who I refer them too. I am glad to have met him and know him as I know his many others patients would also agree.
in Oakland, CA |
I needed immediate care and had a great deal of trouble finding a child psychiatrist in my area. I felt very fortunate to get an appointment that worked for me within a week. The initial interview allowed for a diagnosis and treatment that seems to be working for my child. I feel very thankful for the doctor's expertise and availability. Santa Rosa
Petaluma, CA |
Dr. Oklan is the only psychiatrist I know who returns phone calls promptly. This may not seem like a very big thing, but it is very rare in my experience. It has helped to handle crises before they become full blown. He also follows up on his patients as often as is necessary. He is empathic, down-to-earth, and brilliant as a diagnostician, psychotherapist and in the appropriate use of medications.
in Novato, CA |
Dr. Oklan has been my family's psychiatrist for over one year. He has been consistently astute in his clinical expertise and medication administration in a difficult case that previously seen clinicians have been unsuccessful in treating. He is available and cares greatly about his patients.
in Petaluma, CA |
Exceptional communication skills, this doctor spends a lot of time studying and keeping up to date with the best psychiatric research, therapy skills are also excellent. I can honestly say this doctor saved my life and gave me a life worth living.
in Tiburon, CA |
I have found Dr Oklan to be a superb clinician, an excellent psychiatrist, and a compassionate health care provider. I have been seeing him for 5 years and continue to seek his services as my needs change and as I age. I recommend him without reservation.
in Bay Area California |
Dr. Oklan is compassionate and insightful. Truly a patients advocate.
Corte Madera, CA |
Dr. Oklan is smart, helpful and can deal with difficult issues. If there is a matter that is urgent, he will promptly give a phone consultation. I highly recommend him.
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Oklan is an excellent clinician, highly experienced and truly caring about the welfare of his patients.
in Greenbrae, CA |
Dr. Oklan has a vast experience in treating children, families and adults with many different mental health and adjustment issues. Not only have I referred many clients to him, but when my family was going through a crisis due to my husband's failing health, we all went to see Dr. Oklan. He was a great listener and helped us to adjust to a catastrophic change. We all benefited from his wisdom, kindness and compassion. I would highly recommend him.
in Novato, CA |
Dr. Oklan is a compassionate and intelligent therapist who is accessible and easy to work with, regardless of circumstances. He has wisely counseled my whole family of 4, and I feel that he can help a wide variety of others. Recommended highly.
in Greenbrae, CA |
My family has had experiences with Dr. Oklan for 25 years, and we could not rate him higher. We have seen him in a variety of mental health situations, including serious emergencies, and we know him to be a caring, intelligent and skilled professional. Our family has trusted him with one of our beloved family members, and he has never let us down.
in mill valley ca |
Dr Oklan is wonderful psychiatrist. He treats you the person. He gave me the assessment time needed to help me. He was understanding, talked with and explained the medication in a caring and thoughtful way. Lastly it wasnt all about medication. He truely cared. He listened to what i had to say. I felt heard. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking help. 5 stars.
Burlington, VT |
Dr. Oklan is brilliant. I have learned so much from him and so grateful I found him. He has helped me through some very difficult life transitions. I have already recommended him to lots of friends.
in San Rafael, Ca |
I have benefited a great deal from working with Dr. Oklan for well over 5 years. He has been a consistent source of grounding, steering, advice and development for me. I have recommended him to others and will continue to do so. I look forward to my next appointment with him.
in Santa Rosa, CA |
Dr. Oklan is a genius at Medications for individuals with complex issues. I highly recommend him.
Petaluma, CA |
Dr. Oklan is an excellent child psychiatrist. He is a excellent listener, well respected and trusted and pays attention to detail. My child loves Dr. Oklan and has improved both socially and in school.
in San Rafael, CA |
I've worked with Dr. Oklan and his staff for years and have been very impressed with their level of medical attention
in San Anselmo, CA |
I have referred friends & colleagues to Dr. Oklan over many years
in San Rafael, CA |
The greatest skill Dr. Oklan has is his ability to accurately diagnose mental health conditions. I know from experience as I went for years with an incorrect diagnosis. I now am vital and function well in the world. Thank you Dr. Oklan, Dr. Dan Smith, DC
in San Anselmo, CA |
Dr. Oklan helps me to be stable and provides excellent psychiatric care. He is very accessible and ex[lains things very well.
New York, NY |
Already have referred multiple other people
Have you seen Dr. Edward Oklan, MD?
Are you Dr. Edward Oklan, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Oklan

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Adult Panic Anxiety Syndrome
  • Advanced Sleep Phase Disorder
  • Amphetamine Abuse
  • Asperger Syndrome
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Atypical Depression
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Childhood Depression
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder
  • Oxycontin Addiction
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pediatric Attention Deficit (ADD)
  • Polysubstance Dependence
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for California.

University Of Chicago/The Pritzker School Of Medicine

• Spirit of the Family Award/Family Services Agency, 1988
    • America's Top Psychiatrists, 2010
    • Heroes in the Fight Nominee/NAMI-Sonoma Co., 2008
    • Patients' Choice Award, 2010

Dr. Oklan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Oklan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oklan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Oklan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Oklan

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Oklan's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Oklan

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Oklan's Care Philosophy