Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery  |
Dr. Edward McFarland, MD
Dr. Edward McFarland, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery doctor who practices in Lutherville, MD. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. McFarland is affiliated with The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

10753 Falls Rd Ste 215

Lutherville, MD 21093

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. McFarland

Dr. McFarland's Experience

Dr. McFarland's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Shoulder Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Murray State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1978
  • University Of Louisville
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Mayo Grad School Med/Mayo Fndn
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. McFarland has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McFarland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McFarland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McFarland's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McFarland to family and friends
4.5
Dr. McFarland's Performance
annapolis |
My total shoulder replacement went extremely well with minimal or no pain. This Dr. really knows what he's doing. I recommend him highly!
Dundalk, MD |
Absolutely the best!
in Arnold, MD |
Dr. McFarland replaced both of my shoulders. I am nearly pain free. He has a great staff, very efficient and found that visits to his office went very smoothly. Both surgeries were without complication. Would go back to him again. In fact my son is scheduled for surgery with him in December.
in Columbia, MD |
Excellent care and results for Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty. Answered all of my extensive technical questions and provided peer reviewed evidence supporting the efficacy of this invasive surgery. Great range of motion, relief from pain and excellent stability. Explained to satisfaction all my questions concerning shoulder contour changes expected. Recommend not waiting, since time equals bone loss wear the prosthesis needs to attach too. Doctor McFarland can explain the details.
Annapolis, MD |
Dr. McFarland and his team are great. No waiting to see the Dr. I was there to have both of my shoulders replaced. Dr. McFarland explained everything in lay mans terms and answered all of my questions and my wifes questions. I never felt rushed during an appointment. It has been 11/2 years for my right shoulder and 1 year for my left and I couldn't be happier. A great Dr. and his team is outstanding.
in Gaithersburg, MD |
clearly communicating. attentive, compassionate physician providing excellent care in both ambulatory and in-hospital post-op setting
in Lutherville Timonium, MD |
I had a MA injury in my left shoulder. I had physical therapy and ended up going to see 3 orthopedic doctors. Minimal effort. I finally found Dr. McFarland. He set a team of his assistants to film my range of motion & analyzed it. He then called me in to say he didn't know what was wrong but he'd go in anyway. He found it, fixed it, and I was able to use my shoulder for the first time in 2 years. Best ever, anywhere. My son's wrestling injury is next. Left shoulder. We're going straight to him.
in Baltimore, MD |
I was a patient 3 and 4 years ago and had both shoulders reconstructed which he did a completely stellar job on also his bed side manner is impeccable I have never been treated so well by any Dr his attentiveness to my situation and the way he treated my wife and children both before and after my surgery are the absolute best. You will not find another orthopedic surgeon as good as he on the entire east coast!!! Thank you Dr McFarland and staff you guys are second to none
in Herndon, VA |
I recommend Dr. McFarland to all people who need an experienced doctor in hard/unusual cases. Dr. McFarland saved my right shoulder after another doctor messed it up and I was loosing my arms mobility. No other doctor in my home base would touch my shoulder. Only Dr. McFarland conduct Revision surgery. My shoulder feels like brand new. I ended up replacing my other shoulder within 6 months of the first one and I have never been happier.
in waynesboro, pa |
Ok so I have NEVER left a review for any doctor, from any practice or for any reason until today. My experience with Dr. Edward McFarland and his entire Johns Hopkins staff was so amazing that I really felt I owed them all something in return. If you have seen an orthopedic surgeon for any reason and are within any reasonable distance (3 hour round trip for me) get a second opinion from McFarland. Or save some time and go there first! I sure wish I had, it would have saved me a lot of pain! A+++
in Frederick, MD |
My left shoulder was killing me. So I made the decision to have replacement surgery. Dr McFarland is best at what he does. I can lift my arm above my head now without severe pain. I glad I did it. Not to mention he is the friendliest doctor I've ever had.
in Kensington, MD |
My experience with Dr. McFarland was wonderful. From my first appointment to my last a year later after my shoulder replacement. He listens, communicates and defiantly knows his stuff. He has a great staff. I came in nervous and in a lot of pain and I was put at ease. My Surgery went great and the pain is gone and I have more motion then I have had in years. It has improved my quality of life greatly. If you need a shoulder doctor he is the best.
in Boonsboro, MD |
Top expert is shoulder replacements. Great doctor. Replaced both my shoulders and I feel like a new person. Dr McFarland has a great office, staff and associates. Feel fortunate if he is your doctor.
in Stevenson, MD |
Surgery went great, no pain in shoulder from the time I was taken to the OR. Dr McFarland is easy to talk to and responsive to all my questions. He made the whole experience very easy and made me feel that I had nothing to fear from the suergery, he was right.
in Winchester, VA |
I found Dr McFarland knowledgeable and a wonderfully skilled surgeon in addition to a great personality. I had a reverse shoulder replacement three years ago and I am totally back to normal with no pain.
Upper Marlboro, MD |
I highly recommend Dr. McFarland! He is kind and an excellent shoulder surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. Edward McFarland, MD?
Are you Dr. McFarland?

Visit Dr. McFarland

Dr. McFarland accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA