Dr. Edward McClay, MD

Dr. Edward McClay, MD

Oncology  ·
Dr. Edward McClay, MD is an oncology specialist in Encinitas, CA and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from Temple University School of Medicine in 1980 and specializes in oncology, hematology, and more.Read his story

477 N El Camino Real Ste D200

Encinitas, CA 92024

Learn about Dr. McClay

See how frequently Dr. McClay performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Secondary Malignancies

Dr. McClay's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. McClay's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McClay "Dr. McClay is recognized nationally as a leader in Melanoma treatment and clinical research. Born and raised in Philadelphia, Dr. McClay served as a staff sergeant in the US Air Force. He received both his B.A and M.D. degree from Temple University, graduating in 1980. He completed a Residency in Internal Medicine and a Fellowship in Medical Oncology at Thomas Jefferson University, where he was subsequently appointed to the faculty as an Assistant Clinical Professor. Dr. McClay has held several positions in academic medicine, including Associate Professor and Medical Director at the Medical University of South Carolina, Hollings Cancer Center, and Professor of Medicine and Director of Clinical Affairs at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Cancer Center. Dr. McClay continues his special interests in malignant melanoma and brain tumors. He co-authored the book 100 Questions and Answers about Malignant Melanoma and other Skin Cancers with his wife, Mary-Eileen. They have been married for over 30 years and have two children."

This content was provided by Dr. McClay "The Physicians and staff at California Cancer Associates for Research & Excellence Inc dedicated to one goal – providing the highest quality care for our patients. Our approach is based on our belief that patients do best when they receive comprehensive care with medical specialists and support staff working together on their behalf. We believe that our patients need to have access to the latest research, technologies, treatment programs and drug therapies. We believe that support groups, psychosocial counseling and complimentary programs can improve quality of life for many patients. And we believe that to beat cancer, we must treat more than the disease itself. We must treat the whole person by being responsive to how cancer impacts all aspects of their lives."

• Oncology
  • Hematology
  • Hematology & Oncology
  • Medical Oncology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Medical Oncology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for California.

• Temple University
  • Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Thomas Jefferson University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. McClay has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McClay does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McClay and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McClay's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McClay to family and friends

Dr. McClay's Performance

Dr. McClay was very highly recommended to me by my dermatologist after discovering a melanoma on my back. Our relationship has continued for over 3 years, and he is now treating me for metastatic melanoma. I couldn’t recommend Dr. McClay more highly. He is truly interested in you as if his only...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I met with Dr McClay regarding an early detection of melanoma. I found that he was very thorough with my case and that he took the time to answer any questions that I had.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Having had cancer 20 years ago, I asked him if there were new treatments. He told me of one for my type, and I agreed to be treated with new procedures. In my case, it worked beautifully. I am, for now, cancer-free. Dr. McClay keeps up with his field's new strategies. He took special interest...more
Are you Dr. McClay?