Dr. Edward Marut, MD

Dr. Edward Marut, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Q & A with Dr. Marut: What do you like most about what you do? I love the ability to help give women the child they cannot have on their own and fulfill their desire and need for a family. I get excited over every positive pregnancy test and unhappy with every negative one. In practice what are you most proud of? I am most proud of having been the Medical Director of the first IVF Center to have a baby conceived in the Midwest in 1983 at Michael Reese hospital, and bringing that technology and clinical expertise first to Highland Park in 1991 and now to FCI over a 30 year span. I am proud of a lifetime certification in Reproductive Endocrinology. Why did you choose to work in the field of reproductive medicine? I was fascinated with the reproductive process as a child, and that stayed with me through college, medical school, and residency. While I loved delivering babies and doing surgery, the intellectual challenge of reproductive endocrinology and infertility clinched my decision to go into my chosen field. What do you consider your special areas of interest in reproductive medicine and why? I have been an IVF Medical Director for 30 years, and my interests in the latest innovations in the IVF arena have grown with the times, including the new field of Preimplantation Genetics. I care for a high proportion of older women, and those who have been unsuccessful elsewhere, with very good results. What is your approach to medicine? I feel that medical treatment is a decision based on honest, open, two-way conversations between me and my patient. I like to provide multiple options so patients are comfortable, but never things that are unproven, dangerous, or foolish. Share something unique that most people don't know about you. I enjoy music, especially heavy metal, alternative, and hard rock songs, and play them on the piano. My wife was a high-risk obstetrics nurse who used to say I got em in, she got em out. What do you do for fun in your spare time? What are your hobbies? Besides music, I am a mediocre golfer, but love the sport; I have partial season tickets to the Blackhawks and am a diehard fan; I have two Bichons, Gus and Stan, who are my current at-home children.

900 N Kingsbury St Ste RW-6

Chicago, IL 60610

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Marut

Dr. Marut's Experience

Dr. Marut's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

This content was provided by Dr. Marut "Dr. Marut is lifetime board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI), and has been practicing medicine since 1981. He has served as the Highland Park IVF Medical Director at FCI since 1991 and now is the Medical Director of the Chicago River North IVF Center. Upon completion of his medical degree from the Yale University School of Medicine, Dr. Marut completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of California, San Francisco and received a lifetime board certification in ObGyn. Dr. Marut was awarded the National Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine, and received a lifetime Board Certification in Reproductive Endocrinology after completing his fellowship at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Marut has served in an IVF Medical Director position since 1983. "

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages

• Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Yale University
    Medical School | Graduated 1974
  • University Calif San Francisco Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1975
  • University Calif San Francisco Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1978
  • National Institute Health
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Marut has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Marut does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marut and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Marut's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Marut to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Marut's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
I went to see Dr. Marut after trying to conceive for more than 2 years without success. I went to another REI specialist before him and that MD made me feel that IVF was my only option. I went to him for a consult. I can not praise him enough. He explained all the steps and the required tests. Made me feel that I was going through this journey step by step not IVF right away. We saw him in August, had my SIS in September and got pregnant naturally in November.
in Chicago, IL |
I would give no stars, but I had to give at least one. Dr. Marut was very condescending and made me feel like a person that was on his calendar for the day that he had to meet and then cross off his list for the day and not a woman who is trying to have a child and seeking the help of experts in the fertility field.
Have you seen Dr. Edward Marut, MD?
Are you Dr. Marut?

See our Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital

Visit Dr. Marut