Dr. Edward Levitan, MD

Family Medicine ·  Male · Age 44

Dr. Levitan

Five Journeys

181 Wells Ave Ste 202 Newton, MA 02459

Dr. Edward Levitan, MD is a family medicine specialist in Newton, MA and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Boston University School of Medicine in 2003 and specializes in family medicine, allergy, and more.

Dr. Levitan accepts

Dr. Levitan accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO
UniCare

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Substandard Care (8/4/2016)View details
No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Dr. Levitan treats your condition or procedure

• Allergy Treatment
  • Asthma
  • Cancer Treatment Complications
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Dermatitis

3.0

Dr. Levitan?
Dr. Levitan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Edward Levitan, MD
I'm sorry Anne F. you had such a bad experience, though some of your assertions are not correct. I have been a patient of Dr. Levitan for 12 years. After decades of GI problems and going to experts, he was the first physician to figure out the problem - gluten (remember, this was 12 years ago.) I have sent many friends and patients of my own (I am a psychotherapist) to Dr. L, most have felt helped by him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Levitan, MD?
I started seeing Dr Levitan at Five Journeys this last year, and he has finally helped me piece together some mysterious medical issues I have had going on. I have a very complicated medical history and it’s hard to find somebody who can help me. Dr Levitan is extremely well versed in autoimmune disease, GI health, Lyme disease, and other more unique medical conditions. I have not had a lot of luck with my conventional medicine doctors, and Dr. Levitan has been wonderful for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Levitan, MD?
I was pretty happy with my concierge doctor for the past 9 years (prior to going to Dr. Levitan), but after my cognitive abilities were slightly declining and my insomnia was worsening, and the things my doctor tested for provided no clues, I decided I wanted to more closely follow the recommendations of Dr. Dale Bredesen who wrote the book "The End of Alzheimer's". My concierge doctor preferred to refer me to someone who to was better educated and experienced in this sort of multifaceted, sophi
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Levitan, MD?
While at Visions, Dr. Levitan and his team of doctors did their utmost for their patients. Each had specialties and worked together to find the needed care for our chronically ill daughter, as well as the rest of our family. I recommend and trust Dr. Levitan's practice highly. We were under his care for many years before leaving Massachusetts.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Levitan, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Levitan's for over 10 years. It was the best thing I ever did to start seeing him. I love that when I get into his office it's just me waiting to see him not 5 others scheduled for the same time. He spends the time with you to get to the bottom of your ailments, Everyone in his office is friendly and very helpful. It has been a breath of fresh air to have a Doctor who really listens to you and cares. He takes the time to get to know you and your family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Levitan, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Levitan for 10 years - From the Marino Center to Visions to Five Journeys. He has always made me feel very comfortable by being a good listener, willing to explain things thoroughly, giving me the time I need and overall giving excellent care. His knowledge of Lyme disease testing and treatment is outstanding - something that is EXTREMELY difficult to find in a PCP. Dr. Levitan is a very kind, caring doctor and it's a privilege to have him as my PCP.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Levitan, MD?
I was a patient of Visions Health which, under the direction of Dr. Levitan, went bankrupt. It's been over 5 months and I still cannot get my medical records delivered to my new doctor's office which is 2 miles away. I am extremely frustrated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Levitan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Levitan?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Levitan treats patients.

Compare Providers