Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Kryshak

Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Grand Rapids, MI and has been practicing for 30 years. He graduated from University Of Wisconsin Medical School in 1982 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Kryshak accepts

Dr. Kryshak accepts the following insurance:

HAP Insurance
Preferred PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO
Spectrum Health

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Kryshak's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia

2.4

Dr. Kryshak?
Dr. Kryshak's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD
Terrible bed side manner, he has a tendency to talk over you, and stare at the computer the entire short appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
This is the friendliest doctor I've met in my 75 years. He's treating me for Graves' disease and providing expert care. But my strongest impression is his wonderful personality. It's sheer pleasure to make my semiannual visits to his offices.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
He is an old school doctor with old school views. I didn't get the help I needed until I went to a new doctor who ordered FULL panel thyroid testing and I was diagnosed with Hashimotos. I can't help but wonder how much sooner I could have had help. I've been struggling for 20+ years. Lesson learned.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Kryshak for 10 years. Very helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
My Pcp and I have aptly nicknamed Dr. Kryshak "Dr. Death". He is miserable and not at all interested in helping a Type 1 Diabetic. He specifically wrote in my notes "Terrible A1c", after my first visit with him. I am SO glad he no longer works for Spectrum Health!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
I traveled from Traverse City Michigan to see this doctor and he did not disappoint me. He took the time to listen to me and his approach is working for me. The PA was equally knowledgeable and approachable to any questions I had. As far as typing notes while seeing the patient, sadly everyone in the medical profession has to utilize their time by multi tasking due to the high numbers of patients they must see and the unrealistic paperwork demands. Please don't misread that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Referred due to small nodule on my parathyroid & hypothyroid. Issues with bone, joint & muscle pain. Dr.Kryshak introduced himself, told me the nodule was nothing to be worried about, talked to me for about a minute, turned his back & typed into the computer for about 10 min. Ordered blood work, felt my neck, checked reflexes & sent me on my way. Never talked about why I would feel so poorly. Presents well when he first walks through the door, then forgets your a person. Didn't explain anything.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Dr. Kryshak has been my endocrinologist for about five years. I have found him to be excellent in quality of knowledge, caring attention, and interest in the course of my health. I'm a physician myself, and tend to be critical of other physicians' faults; Dr. Kryshak has been an excellent physician for me. I would not hesitate to recommend him as an endocrinologist for others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Dr. Kryshak is a very knowledgeable Doctor. He always takes the time to answer questions thoroughly and patiently. It wasn't until I came to his office (after years of struggling to find answers) that I finally had a doctor take the time and explain my condition, run the correct tests and get my thyroid levels corrected. I feel great and really feel that I owe it to the level of care Dr. Kryshak provides. His staff has always impressed me, too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
You will not receive personal attention from this dr. except your initial appointment and even lab results will come in the mail a few days later via letter. This doctor and his PA's are not well versed in treating hashimoto's and you will not feel that they care about helping you, rather you will feel like a burden and this attitude continues through staff as well. The worst Spectrum group I have experienced. Unfortunately there are not many endocrinologists around.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
I have had Dr. Kryshak as a specialist since I moved to GR in 1999. He is thorough. He takes time to answer my questions. He knows me without having to look through my file to remember who I am (and I have had a doctor who has done that). He knows his specialty, and I appreciate that. I trust him and have recommended him to friends. He does schedule his regular patients' appointments well in advance. The wait time has reduced since the office has a PA.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
He does not listen to your needs. He is quiet and doesn't say much when he does meet with you, you're the one who has to ask all the questions and tell him what's going on, he has attitude he don't care....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid carcinoma while under the care of Dr. Kryshak. He wanted to be very aggressive in his approach even though current literature no longer supports this. I expressed my concern and in doing so, his office contacted me to tell me that Dr. Kryshak would no longer treat me and that I would need to find a new physician?. Given the nature of this diagnosis and the treatment, I was hoping he would explain? to me why his approach was best, not just demand it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Does not listen, does not care, only met one doctor worse. Types up your patient report while you are talking to him during the office visit, his back to you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Dr. Kryshak is the first doctor I've met with in many years who has heard what my specific needs are, and actually listened. I am a type 1 diabetic, and have finally found a doctor who will work with me and help me through the struggles of having this disease. I am very happy with him and his entire office. They are all very helpful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
This doctor cant even take time out of his busy schedule to talk to you when you are at YOUR appt with him. I went to him for POF and he told me I have Hashimotos disease. Come to find out he misdiagnosed me. I do not have a thyroid condition. So i have been wasting my time and money getting tests done every month for something I do NOT EVEN HAVE. I will not be going back to him. There are other endocrinologists out there. I will be going to one of them for now on to deal with my POF.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
I've been seeing him and his PA 3 times a year for over 5 years and he's awesome. You never wait in the waiting room very long, the staff are friendly and courteous, and Dr. Kryshak and Tamara Martin are always very thorough and I feel they really care and listen to what you have to say. Dr. Kryshak is always ready to discuss lab results with you, as well. He also encouraged and supported me when I was told by another doctor I shouldn't be having kids because I'm diabetic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
He is set in his own way; he hears the patient, he does not listen, if you write him a letter, his respones vis his medical assistant, he has a very vulnerable ego, I came to him with 31 units of insulin twice a day, he increased to 34 and on to 36 and to 40. I questioned his decision, he never responded, I begged him to start me on long acting, he never did, then my PCP talked to him about, my PCP did not get any where, so my PCP referred me to a University, he got angry so he discharged me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
I would not recommend him. He did not listen to me, nor did he ask me any questions about my symptoms. He put a time statement in his notes stating he spent 45 minutes with me when it was only about 20. I called the office about this, and had to speak with the practice manager. When my test result was negative, the office called me and said I didn't need to come back, but the test I had can have false-negatives. I feel as if he doesn't care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kryshak?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kryshak treats patients.