Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

SHMG Endocronology 1300 Michigan St NE Ste 103 Grand Rapids, MI 49503 Get Directions
Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD

Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Grand Rapids, MI. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Kryshak is affiliated with Mercy Health Saint Mary's Campus, Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial, Spectrum Health - Reed City Hospital, Pennock Hospital and Spectrum Health- United Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Kryshak's Experience

See how Dr. Kryshak's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kryshak

Dr. Kryshak accepts 21 insurance carriers

Dr. Kryshak is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Kryshak has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kryshak's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kryshak to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Kryshak's Performance
    FAIR
in Cedar Springs Michigan |
Referred due to small nodule on my parathyroid & hypothyroid. Issues with bone, joint & muscle pain. Dr.Kryshak introduced himself, told me the nodule was nothing to be worried about, talked to me for about a minute, turned his back & typed into the computer for about 10 min. Ordered blood work, felt my neck, checked reflexes & sent me on my way. Never talked about why I would feel so poorly. Presents well when he first walks through the door, then forgets your a person. Didn't explain anything.
in Holland, MI |
Dr. Kryshak has been my endocrinologist for about five years. I have found him to be excellent in quality of knowledge, caring attention, and interest in the course of my health. I'm a physician myself, and tend to be critical of other physicians' faults; Dr. Kryshak has been an excellent physician for me. I would not hesitate to recommend him as an endocrinologist for others.
in Rockford, MI |
Dr. Kryshak is a very knowledgeable Doctor. He always takes the time to answer questions thoroughly and patiently. It wasn't until I came to his office (after years of struggling to find answers) that I finally had a doctor take the time and explain my condition, run the correct tests and get my thyroid levels corrected. I feel great and really feel that I owe it to the level of care Dr. Kryshak provides. His staff has always impressed me, too.
Grand Rapids, Mi |
You will not receive personal attention from this dr. except your initial appointment and even lab results will come in the mail a few days later via letter. This doctor and his PA's are not well versed in treating hashimoto's and you will not feel that they care about helping you, rather you will feel like a burden and this attitude continues through staff as well. The worst Spectrum group I have experienced. Unfortunately there are not many endocrinologists around.
in Kentwood, MI |
I have had Dr. Kryshak as a specialist since I moved to GR in 1999. He is thorough. He takes time to answer my questions. He knows me without having to look through my file to remember who I am (and I have had a doctor who has done that). He knows his specialty, and I appreciate that. I trust him and have recommended him to friends. He does schedule his regular patients' appointments well in advance. The wait time has reduced since the office has a PA.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
He does not listen to your needs. He is quiet and doesn't say much when he does meet with you, you're the one who has to ask all the questions and tell him what's going on, he has attitude he don't care....
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid carcinoma while under the care of Dr. Kryshak. He wanted to be very aggressive in his approach even though current literature no longer supports this. I expressed my concern and in doing so, his office contacted me to tell me that Dr. Kryshak would no longer treat me and that I would need to find a new physician?. Given the nature of this diagnosis and the treatment, I was hoping he would explain? to me why his approach was best, not just demand it.
Detroit, MI |
Does not listen, does not care, only met one doctor worse. Types up your patient report while you are talking to him during the office visit, his back to you.
in Rockford, michigan |
Dr. Kryshak is the first doctor I've met with in many years who has heard what my specific needs are, and actually listened. I am a type 1 diabetic, and have finally found a doctor who will work with me and help me through the struggles of having this disease. I am very happy with him and his entire office. They are all very helpful!
in Fremont, MI |
This doctor cant even take time out of his busy schedule to talk to you when you are at YOUR appt with him. I went to him for POF and he told me I have Hashimotos disease. Come to find out he misdiagnosed me. I do not have a thyroid condition. So i have been wasting my time and money getting tests done every month for something I do NOT EVEN HAVE. I will not be going back to him. There are other endocrinologists out there. I will be going to one of them for now on to deal with my POF.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I've been seeing him and his PA 3 times a year for over 5 years and he's awesome. You never wait in the waiting room very long, the staff are friendly and courteous, and Dr. Kryshak and Tamara Martin are always very thorough and I feel they really care and listen to what you have to say. Dr. Kryshak is always ready to discuss lab results with you, as well. He also encouraged and supported me when I was told by another doctor I shouldn't be having kids because I'm diabetic.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
He is set in his own way; he hears the patient, he does not listen, if you write him a letter, his respones vis his medical assistant, he has a very vulnerable ego, I came to him with 31 units of insulin twice a day, he increased to 34 and on to 36 and to 40. I questioned his decision, he never responded, I begged him to start me on long acting, he never did, then my PCP talked to him about, my PCP did not get any where, so my PCP referred me to a University, he got angry so he discharged me.
in Allegan, MI |
I would not recommend him. He did not listen to me, nor did he ask me any questions about my symptoms. He put a time statement in his notes stating he spent 45 minutes with me when it was only about 20. I called the office about this, and had to speak with the practice manager. When my test result was negative, the office called me and said I didn't need to come back, but the test I had can have false-negatives. I feel as if he doesn't care.
Have you seen Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Are you Dr. Kryshak?

Compare Dr. Kryshak

Dr. Kryshak's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Kryshak has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kryshak's Board Certifications

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Kidney Disease
  • Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant

Blodgett Memorial Med Center

Completed in 1986

Mayo School Of Graduate Med Education

Completed in 1989

Dr. Kryshak does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kryshak and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism