Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD

Dr. Kryshak
Telehealth services available

Metro Health Endocrinology

4055 Cascade Rd Se # 310 Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Grand Rapids, MI and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Kryshak has more experience with Thyroid Disorders, Reproductive Endocrinology, and Gonadal Endocrine Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Wisconsin School of Medicine medical school in 1982. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Mercy Health - Hackley Campus and Mercy Health Saint Mary's Campus. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kryshak to book an appointment.

Compare with other Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists

Compare Dr. Kryshak with our nearby Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists at Spectrum Health.

Make an appointment at Spectrum Health today at (616) 287-6026.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Spectrum Health.

Dr. Kryshak's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kryshak

2.5

Dr. Kryshak?
I saw Dr. Kryshak recently for what I thought was thyroid problems. He went over and beyond his job responsibilities to find an answer to my illness. If it wasn’t for him ordering a nuclear bone scan I wouldn’t have had any answers. I have been ill for 5 years and not one specialist prior gave me any answers. He saved my life. His office staff were all kind and quick to answer my numerous questions. I would highly recommend him.
May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Visit with staff at Metro diabetic group went great. Got to seee Dr Kryshak and it was all down hill. Wouldnt talk , just stayed on his computer. Stayed about a year. But.. always played phone tag took long time to get prescriptions, never seen him only once in that year..
Nov 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Terrible bed side manner, he has a tendency to talk over you, and stare at the computer the entire short appointment.
B in MI – Sep 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
This is the friendliest doctor I've met in my 75 years. He's treating me for Graves' disease and providing expert care. But my strongest impression is his wonderful personality. It's sheer pleasure to make my semiannual visits to his offices.
Marc Veeneman in Grand Rapids, MI – Mar 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
He is an old school doctor with old school views. I didn't get the help I needed until I went to a new doctor who ordered FULL panel thyroid testing and I was diagnosed with Hashimotos. I can't help but wonder how much sooner I could have had help. I've been struggling for 20+ years. Lesson learned.
Mar 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Kryshak for 10 years. Very helpful.
Grand Rapids – Feb 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
My Pcp and I have aptly nicknamed Dr. Kryshak "Dr. Death". He is miserable and not at all interested in helping a Type 1 Diabetic. He specifically wrote in my notes "Terrible A1c", after my first visit with him. I am SO glad he no longer works for Spectrum Health!
Ionia – Feb 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
I traveled from Traverse City Michigan to see this doctor and he did not disappoint me. He took the time to listen to me and his approach is working for me. The PA was equally knowledgeable and approachable to any questions I had. As far as typing notes while seeing the patient, sadly everyone in the medical profession has to utilize their time by multi tasking due to the high numbers of patients they must see and the unrealistic paperwork demands. Please don't misread that.
Donna High in Traverse City, MI – Aug 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Referred due to small nodule on my parathyroid & hypothyroid. Issues with bone, joint & muscle pain. Dr.Kryshak introduced himself, told me the nodule was nothing to be worried about, talked to me for about a minute, turned his back & typed into the computer for about 10 min. Ordered blood work, felt my neck, checked reflexes & sent me on my way. Never talked about why I would feel so poorly. Presents well when he first walks through the door, then forgets your a person. Didn't explain anything.
Lorraine in Cedar Springs Michigan – May 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Dr. Kryshak has been my endocrinologist for about five years. I have found him to be excellent in quality of knowledge, caring attention, and interest in the course of my health. I'm a physician myself, and tend to be critical of other physicians' faults; Dr. Kryshak has been an excellent physician for me. I would not hesitate to recommend him as an endocrinologist for others.
Thomas Arendshorst, MD in Holland, MI – May 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Dr. Kryshak is a very knowledgeable Doctor. He always takes the time to answer questions thoroughly and patiently. It wasn't until I came to his office (after years of struggling to find answers) that I finally had a doctor take the time and explain my condition, run the correct tests and get my thyroid levels corrected. I feel great and really feel that I owe it to the level of care Dr. Kryshak provides. His staff has always impressed me, too.
Bo in Rockford, MI – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
You will not receive personal attention from this dr. except your initial appointment and even lab results will come in the mail a few days later via letter. This doctor and his PA's are not well versed in treating hashimoto's and you will not feel that they care about helping you, rather you will feel like a burden and this attitude continues through staff as well. The worst Spectrum group I have experienced. Unfortunately there are not many endocrinologists around.
Grand Rapids, Mi – Mar 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
I have had Dr. Kryshak as a specialist since I moved to GR in 1999. He is thorough. He takes time to answer my questions. He knows me without having to look through my file to remember who I am (and I have had a doctor who has done that). He knows his specialty, and I appreciate that. I trust him and have recommended him to friends. He does schedule his regular patients' appointments well in advance. The wait time has reduced since the office has a PA.
C. M. S. in Kentwood, MI – Feb 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
He does not listen to your needs. He is quiet and doesn't say much when he does meet with you, you're the one who has to ask all the questions and tell him what's going on, he has attitude he don't care....
Shell in Grand Rapids, MI – Oct 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid carcinoma while under the care of Dr. Kryshak. He wanted to be very aggressive in his approach even though current literature no longer supports this. I expressed my concern and in doing so, his office contacted me to tell me that Dr. Kryshak would no longer treat me and that I would need to find a new physician?. Given the nature of this diagnosis and the treatment, I was hoping he would explain? to me why his approach was best, not just demand it.
Brett in Grand Rapids, MI – Oct 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Does not listen, does not care, only met one doctor worse. Types up your patient report while you are talking to him during the office visit, his back to you.
Detroit, MI – May 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
Dr. Kryshak is the first doctor I've met with in many years who has heard what my specific needs are, and actually listened. I am a type 1 diabetic, and have finally found a doctor who will work with me and help me through the struggles of having this disease. I am very happy with him and his entire office. They are all very helpful!
A135H14 in Rockford, michigan – Jan 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
This doctor cant even take time out of his busy schedule to talk to you when you are at YOUR appt with him. I went to him for POF and he told me I have Hashimotos disease. Come to find out he misdiagnosed me. I do not have a thyroid condition. So i have been wasting my time and money getting tests done every month for something I do NOT EVEN HAVE. I will not be going back to him. There are other endocrinologists out there. I will be going to one of them for now on to deal with my POF.
Nichole in Fremont, MI – Jan 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
I've been seeing him and his PA 3 times a year for over 5 years and he's awesome. You never wait in the waiting room very long, the staff are friendly and courteous, and Dr. Kryshak and Tamara Martin are always very thorough and I feel they really care and listen to what you have to say. Dr. Kryshak is always ready to discuss lab results with you, as well. He also encouraged and supported me when I was told by another doctor I shouldn't be having kids because I'm diabetic.
Ali in Grand Rapids, MI – Dec 30, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?
He is set in his own way; he hears the patient, he does not listen, if you write him a letter, his respones vis his medical assistant, he has a very vulnerable ego, I came to him with 31 units of insulin twice a day, he increased to 34 and on to 36 and to 40. I questioned his decision, he never responded, I begged him to start me on long acting, he never did, then my PCP talked to him about, my PCP did not get any where, so my PCP referred me to a University, he got angry so he discharged me.
S.N. in Grand Rapids, MI – Dec 19, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Kryshak, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kryshak?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism