Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Edward Kahn, MD
Board certified physician, Dr. Edward Kahn, attended medical school at the University of Miami in Miami, Florida. His specialized training continued during an orthopaedic residency at the University of California in Irvine, where he spent seven years as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics and was a consultant for the Long Beach Veteran's Administration. Dr. Kahn is a fellow in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery and member of the Tennessee Orthopaedic Association. He specializes in back and spine surgery. He is the former Chief of Surgery and Secretary/Treasurer for the medical staff at Methodist Medical Center. Dr. Kahn's local interests also include representation on the Board of Directors for the Children's Museum of Oak Ridge and the Oak Ridge Civic Music Association. Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics offers nine locations to better serve you in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Lenoir City, Crossville, and Sevierville in East Tennessee.

Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics

• NovaNet
  • Prime Health Services
  • USA Managed Care Organization

Learn about Dr. Kahn

Dr. Kahn specializes in adult spine degenerative conditions, such as spinal stenosis, disc herniations and instability involving both the cervical and lumbar spine. He is also one of the leading surgeons in the area in the treatment of osteoporotic compression fractures via kyphoplasty.  He works closely with local pain clinics for the surgical implantation of spinal stimulation units made by Medtronics, St Judes and Boston Scientific as well as pain pumps. Dr. Kahn is a member of the State of Tennessee Medical Impairment Registry board and performs impairment ratings, second opinions, medical record reviews as well as expert testimony.  He's Board certified since 1989 by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery.

Dr. Kahn's Experience

Dr. Kahn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University of Miami / School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Univ Of Ca
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Univ Of Ca
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Kahn has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kahn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kahn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kahn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kahn to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Kahn's Performance
in Oneida, TN |
I am very pleased with Dr. Kahn. He is a very good Dr. and a caring one. I have no complaints and well pleased with his service. Thank you Dr. Kahn. I had my surgery a year July 11, and I was very calm about it. He done a great job. I would recommend him to anyone needing surgery. He is very good at what he does. And as I said he cares, and that means alot. I know sometimes I have gotten depressed cause I want my healing , completely, to be fast, and cried a little on him, but he is caring.
Sandra Phillips, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!
Knoxville, TN |
Dr.Kahn is a great Dr.I've been seeing him 11 yrs.he does great with surgeries and is proficient with explaining procedures.all I can say is he's GREAT.
Hello, we really appreciate your feedback!
Oak Ridge, TN |
Dr Kahn is an excellent surgeon with very good bedside manners! Would recommend very highly.
in Lafollette, Tn. |
If you are having problems with your back I highly recommend Dr. Edward Kahn. My surgery was on 12/2/16, S5-L1 spinal fusion and laminectomy. Pre-surgery he provided excellent info on procedure and expectations. Post-surgery he met with my family to discuss surgery and answered all their questions. He has an excellent doctor to patient relationship and sincere concern for their recovery and return to a normal lifestyle. Prompt return of phone calls for at home concerns. Best decision I made.
Valarie Basson, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Edward K. Kahn, M.D.. We certainly appreciate it!
in Crossville, TN |
Dr. Kahn is very professional, has good bed side manor, tells you exactly what is wrong in a way you can understand it, and is one of the best surgeons I have ever had to use. I would ask him to perform any surgery again if I needed it.
in Powell, TN |
I've known Dr. Kahn for about 18 years. The first time I met him, he did surgery on my neck. That allowed me about 17 years of a functioning lifestyle as a police officer. The next time he did surgery on me was about 6 months ago, again on my neck. The pain was extremely severe. I had almost lost the use of my right arm. Thanks to Dr. Kahn and his extreme surgical abilities, I am able again to pursue the goals in my life and enjoy my days & nights. Got a need, go see him. He is the best!!!
Thank you for your feedback!
in Clinton, TN |
Dr. Kahn performed a discectomy and fusion on my cervical spine. I am 3 weeks post-op and doing very well. The surgery was a breeze as far as surgeries go. Of course there was post surgical pain easily managed with Tylenol and an occasional hydrocodone1/2 of a pill. My first visit with Dr. Kahn I found him to be thorough in his evaluation even walking to the radiology department at the hospital from his office to view the xrays of my neck before deciding on surgery to correct the problem.
Thank you for providing detailed feedback!
in Oak Ridge, TN |
I have seen Dr Kahn twice during the past 14 months. The first time, I wasn't really satisfied, but then I actually didn't have a spine injury, it was a muscle injury. he treated me anyway. Two weeks ago, I saw him again and have another visit in two more weeks. He listened to my complaint, prescribes treatment and everything was fine. I have no complaints and would recommend him.
Glad to hear you are doing better!
in Powell, TN |
I have been a patient of Dr Kahn for several years. I recently had back surgery. I felt immediately relief. I will recommend Dr Kahn to anyone with back problems. He is excellent.
Thank you!
in Philadelphia, TN |
Dr. Kahn has performed two separate spinal surgeries on me. I could not have had a better surgeon. He has a great personality, listens and responds to your specific needs, and has a great bedside manner whether in the hospital or in office. I would highly recommend Dr. Kahn for your orthopedic surgical needs.
Thank you!
Maryville, TN |
Has no compassion. Was totally uncaring and willing to try to help me. I left in tears feeling hopeless.
Have you seen Dr. Edward Kahn, MD?

Visit Dr. Kahn