Dr. Edward T. Humbert Jr., DO

Dr. Edward T. Humbert Jr., DO

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 49 years old

111 reviews| Leave a review

Treat patients like our family and friends.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr Humbert is a specialist in knee and hip replacement. He will treat all conditions of the knee...Read more

Dr. Humbert Jr.'s Experience

See how Dr. Humbert Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Humbert Jr.

Dr. Humbert Jr. accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Humbert Jr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Humbert Jr.'s Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Humbert Jr. to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Humbert Jr.
Dr. Humbert Jr.'s Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (104)
Dr. Humbert Jr. Says:

Thanks to all our patients who took time to share there experience, we always try to be perfect and treat people like family.

in Cape Coral, FL |
Just wonderful! I can not say enough good things about him. He really listens and cares.
in Fort Myers |
Very quick recovery. Doctor explained everything before and after surgery.
in Fort Myers, Florida |
Total right hip replacement. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Humbert & his staff.. I don't see any area that could be improved upon.
in ft myers, fl |
Had right knee replacement, and six months later had the left knee replaced. I am 80 years old, and it's only been one month since my second surgery. Can walk comfortably without a cane. The best part, is my knees are no longer knockneed.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Highly recommend Dr. Humbert for knee replacement.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Humbert is my hero! I needed a knee replacement after a torn miniscus and arthritis made it very painful. After meeting with Dr Humbert and his explanation of the procedure I was no longer apprehensive and ready to begin my pre-op program. The day of my surgery Dr Humbert saw me in pre-op and reassured me about the surgery. He was so right! I have not had any problems since my surgery. I love my new knee and now I'm a new me! Thank you Dr. Humbert and your awesome staff, Mary Poster
in Ft Myers, FL |
Although very busy, Dr. Humbert checked on me each day while at Lee Memorial. My surgery went well and he answered all my questions at my 4 week checkup. If I have to have my other hip replaced I will go back to him. I highly recommend him.
in Ft. Myers Fl |
A wonderful experience going thru knee surgery.I had very little pain or discomfort and I would recommend Dr Humbert to anyone.
in Naples, FL |
Wonderful- Dr. Humbert fixed a problem of my knee that multiple people said unfixable- now knee feels like new. Thank you, Thank you , Thank you. Very professional, kind, listened and cared. Great people on his staff as well which treat you like a friend.
in Naples, FL |
I'm a local business owner which I have to be standing for long period of hours Had right hip replacement and needed a flawless procedure. We highly recommend dr Humbert My experience was great
in Estero, FL |
A great support team both before and after surgery. During personal visits, Dr. Humbert is personable, factual and concise.
in Ft Myers FL |
Great doctor. Great staff. After a double hip replacement, I can move and walk without pain! Thank you Dr. Humbert.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Love this guy, get Doctor, honest, trust worthy and patient really listens to you. No unnecessary procedures and therapy. His staff are personalable and helpful, truly recommend them.
in Fort Myers |
I have seen Dr. Humbert for problems with me shoulder and my hip. He addressed both issues non-surgically and was able to help my symptoms quickly. He was friendly and super efficient.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Excellent Doctor patient repoir.
Cape Coral fl |
Very pleased. Entire experience went much better than I expected.
in Cape Coral, Fl |
Absolutely great. We had some setbacks with other problems medically but worked them out. Dr. Humbert and his staff (especially Sara in scheduling) were helpful, professional and caring. Dr. Humbert is " the best surgeon in the joint"
in Fort Myers Fl |
Great experience. Couldn't be happier with my surgery. Dr Humbert is an excellent surgeon and would highly recommend him.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Dr. Humbert fixed my knee post MVA, knee has been perfect for several years no problems since.
in Cape Coral, Fl |
I am so grateful for feeling so good again thanks to Dr. Humbert and his staff. My husband and I have both had hip surgery by Dr. Humbert and highly recommend the best doctor in the joint:).
in Cape Coral, FL |
Excellent excellent excellent Thanks for giving me back my life with no pain!
in Ft Myers, FL |
I have knee pain at night due to a possible torn meniscus. The pain is severe enough it awakens me. Dr. Humbert had the PA do a steroid injection to see if it helped. Pretty standard. Then he said many people just live with the pain from a torn meniscus. Then he said if the pain doesn't go away in a couple of weeks, call and we will get you an MRI. What bothers me is his comment about many people just living with the pain. I don't go to a doctor if I'm not looking for a solution.
in Ft myers fl |
Great
in Ft myers fl |
Great
Ft Myers, FL |
My experience with Dr. Humbert and staff could not have been nicer. Everyone was pleasant and explained what to expect when having my complete knee replacement. Scheduling was easy and without waiting for days to get in to see the doctor. Surgery and recovery were easier than expected.
in N. Ft Myers. |
All great so far!
in Ft Myers, FL |
Great doctor, I had a total knee replacement done was back to work in six weeks. Good bedside manner. Answered all questions, explained everything.
in Fort Myers |
After seeing many surgeons who considered my knee problem unfixable- sending me all over the country, I found Dr Humbert who replaced my knee and its now perfect. Professional, confident, clean, skilled, friendly , caring are just a few words to describe. Recommend highly
in Ft Myers, FL |
Patient feels confident in his skills. Very professional.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I saw Dr. Humbert for shoulder pain. He gave me an injection into my right shoulder and all of my pain went away. I am able to sleep at night without discomfort. I can't thank him enough!!
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Humbert is a Fantastic surgeon! Not only is he an incredible surgeon. He is compassionate, kind and caring. His staff are professional and always greet you with a smile.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I had a total hip replacement by Dr Humbert at Lee Memorial Hospital in Ft Myers FL. The whole experience couldn't have been better! I spent two nights in hospital and was home on the third day. On the 4th day I was nearly pain free and stopped taking any pain medication. At 4 weeks I released to go back to work with no restrictions! He is a great guy to talk with too. I highly recommend him.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I came to Dr. Hubert expecting to schedule surgery because my knees were " bone on bone." Dr. Humbert recommended trying shots first and the result was like a miracle. My knees do not bother me at night and I am pretty much able to involve myself in any activity I choose. I walk a lot, including to play golf. I could not be happier with my experience.
in Cape Coral, Fl |
Having had excellent results with my right total knee replacement including a 125 degree bend immediately after surgery I can assure anyone that Dr. Humbert truly lives up to his name of the best surgeon in the joint. I am now looking forward to the same excellent results on my left knee. I also compliment Dr. Humbert on having a woman PA who helps me feel completely at ease. Well done!
in Columbus Ohio |
Dr. Humbert is a wonderful Doctor. He truly cares about his patients. He takes the time to make sure all questions are answered! I would recommend him!!!!
in North Fort Myers, FL |
I have had a hip twice, a knee and shoulder by another Dr. On June 20th I had Dr humbert do my left knee and the difference is like night and day. I would never let another Dr touch me again. Dr humbert is by far the very best.
in Spaniel. Fl |
Very professional And caring service. Would come back to have my knee done.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Dr. Humbert was amazing to me and my family, he did two knee surgeries on me. He is a true miracle worker.
in Lehigh Acres, FL |
Very professional. Both staff and Doctor. Technology amazing. I'm back walking unaided in 4 weeks.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Dr. Humbert replaced my left hip in 2012 and replaced my right knee on June 9, 2012. I am in rehabilitation and recovering nicely.
in Fort Myers, FL |
After having a locked knee Dr Humbert did arthroscopic surgery and found I had a floating bone, removed it and I'm able to walk normally without pain from a locked knee. So easy and I'm 100% better.
in Sanibel, FL |
Very Professional-works with you to make the right decisions regarding your problem.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I have never had surgery before so I was petrified. Dr. Humbert and his team took me through everything and made sure I felt comfortable.
in Lehigh Acres, FL |
I had a very good experience here. My knee feels great and the staff at Dr Humberts office take real good care of you.
in Saint James City! FL |
Absolute professionalism. I had a terrific result after two failed back surgeries and it was determined my hips were the problem. After both hip replacements I'm walking again and pain free.
in Fort Myrers, Fl |
I am Thoroughly impressed with the office at joint implant surgeons of Florida. My wait time was very reasonable, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I have been having knee pain for years, and was frightened of surgery. Dr. Humbert took my concerns into consideration, and successfully treated my symptoms conservatively. I'm happy to have established such a wonderful doctor. Highly recommend.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Follow the program from pre to post surgery and recovery will be great. Pain is controlled from the start and makes rehab much easier. 4 weeks after surgery, I have my life back, thanks to the fantastic in home therapists.
in Ft myers, fl |
Considering it was hip replacement surgery, it was a most excellent experience. Pain was controlled from beginning to end. In house therapy was great. If you follow dr Humberts program for recovery , it's a piece of cake??
in Cape Coral, FL |
I had a right total hip replacement by Dr Humbert 3 1/2 months ago. Everything was done in an excellent manner, from the initial visit to him through the information meeting at the hospital and the actual surgery. I'm pain free now and will recommend him to any of my friends and family who need joint replacement.
in Labelle, FL |
Dr Humbert replaced both of my knees, one in 2005 and the other in 2007 and they are both still doing great after all this time. I ride horses and get on and off of tractors and machines and my knees are still strong! Thank you Dr Humbert, The Best Surgeon in The Joint!
Have you seen Dr. Edward T. Humbert Jr., DO?
Are you Dr. Humbert Jr.?

Compare Dr. Humbert Jr.

Dr. Humbert Jr. says...

Dr Humbert is a specialist in knee and hip replacement.   He will treat all conditions of the knee and hip , typically conservative treatment such as injections and medications will avoid surgery.    If surgery is indicated Dr Humbert is Florida's number one volume surgeon for Hip and Knee replacement- this data is available at Floridahealthfinder.   Higher volume surgeons have been shown to have reduced complications and better outcomes in many orthopedic studies. Dr. Humbert will perform a safe, minimally invasive surgery to optimize your outcome .  Please call office to find about Dr Humbert seminars and meet him personally, or call to make appointment.

Dr. Humbert Jr.'s Care Philosophy

Treat patients like our family and friends.

Knee

Hip

shoulder

Dr. Humbert Jr. says...

Dr Humber is the number one volume surgeon in the state of Florida for total hip and knee replacement.

Dr. Humbert Jr. says...

Dr. Humbert Jr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Outstanding Alumnus Award. University of Florida Dept. of Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering for Orthopedic accomplishments., 2010

Dr. Humbert Jr. has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Humbert Jr.'s Board Certifications

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Ohio University-Orthopedic Surgury

Completed in 2001

Ohio State/Joint Implant Surgeons-Knee & Hip Replacement

Completed in 2002

University Of Florida-Bs Mechanical Engineering: University Of Akron, Ms Biomedical Engineering

Graduated in 1990

• Other Education
    University Akron-Ms Biomedical Engineering

Completed in 1996

Dr. Humbert Jr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Humbert Jr. and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics