Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Edward Humbert Jr, DO
Dr Humbert is a specialist in knee and hip replacement. He will treat all conditions of the knee and hip , typically conservative treatment such as injections and medications will avoid surgery. If surgery is indicated Dr Humbert is Florida's number one volume surgeon for Hip and Knee replacement- this data is available at Floridahealthfinder. Higher volume surgeons have been shown to have reduced complications and better outcomes in many orthopedic studies. Dr. Humbert will perform a safe, minimally invasive surgery to optimize your outcome . Please call office to find about Dr Humbert seminars and meet him personally, or call to make appointment.

7331 College Pkwy Ste 300

Fort Myers, FL 33907

(239) 337-2003

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Humbert Jr

See how frequently Dr. Humbert Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Resurfacing
Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)
Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Humbert Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Humbert Jr "Treat patients like our family and friends.  "

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  • Orthopedic Hip Surgery
  • Orthopedic Knee Surgery

Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery*

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Shoulder Replacement
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

• University Of Florida-Bs Mechanical Engineering: University Of Akron, Ms Biomedical Engineering
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Ohio State/Joint Implant Surgeons-Knee & Hip Replacement
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • University Akron-Ms Biomedical Engineering
    Other Education | Completed 1996

• Outstanding Alumnus Award. University of Florida Dept. of Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering for Orthopedic accomplishments., 2010

Dr. Humbert Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Humbert Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Humbert Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Humbert Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Humbert Jr to family and friends
Dr. Humbert Jr Says:

Thanks to all our patients who took time to share there experience, we always try to be perfect and treat people like family.

Dr. Humbert Jr's Performance
in Ft Myers, FL |
I have found Dr. Humbert and his staff to be extremely professional but at the same time be reassuring on the procedures that were about to occur. Their confidence in what they do transferred to me as a patient and although I had not had previous experience with joint replacement I was ready to go. I'm not sure anyone can prepare you totally for the journey but I felt buoyed by their prep-work.. My post op meeting with Dr. Humbert and staff took place 4 weeks after surgery and all is well.
in Punta Gorda, FL |
Dr. Humbert replaced both of knees this year. He did a great job. Office is helpful and efficient. His PAs were great and thorough. Dr. Humbert is a busy surgeon but a great surgeon.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr Humbert and entire staff are always positive, professional and very friendly. He was recommended to me and I’d enthusiastically recommend Dr Humbert.
in Ft Myers Beach, FL |
I am 4 weeks post op from a total hip replacement and totally happy how well things turned out. I am pain free and walking without assistance and without that annoying limp! Dr. Humbert is my miracle worker for sure and I highly recommend him and his superb staff to take care of your orthopedic needs.
in Ft Myers, FL |
My experience with Dr. Humbert and his staff has been remarkable. I had total knee replacement 4 weeks ago and I am walking unassisted and with little to no pain. Dr. Humbert has displayed care and concern throughtout my treatment/surgery, and his staff has been extremely helpful and responsive to my needs. Dr. Humbert offered me several options of treatment and never advocated surgery until I was unable to get relief from the less invasive treatments. He is the best!
in North Ft Myers, FL |
Thanks to Dr. Humbert and his kind, efficient and competent staff/team my double knee replacement experience was the best I could hope for! At age 56 I'll soon be hiking and riding bikes again after almost 10 years of painful deteriorating knee joints.
in North Port, FL |
I am 5 weeks post total knee replacement with Dr. Humbert and I just can not believe how well I am doing! Three days ago I went back to the golf course, first day I putted, second day I hit short irons and wedges. I did not have any problems at all with my knee, amazing!!! It is great to have a fantastic doctor, but couple that with someone who is as caring and compassionate as Dr. Humbert is a rarity. He and his staff are genuinely interested in their patients well-being. Thank you all!
in Estero, FL |
He was very patient, professional and caring.
in Ft Myers, FL |
If you need knee replacement, Dr. humbert is the one to see. He is so organized and efficient to ensure that his patients will get the upmost care.
Thanks for sharing your experience and allowing to take care of your knees
in Cape Coral, FL |
Dr. Humbert is an outstanding Ortho surgeon. He did 2 hip implants for me. After many months of sitting in a wheel chair I am now walking again. The procedures he uses for surgery are done to promote faster healing and getting the patient back to normal sooner. Both of my incision lines are very thin, not wide or bumpy. The office and hospital staff were kind and caring. Dr. Humbert is a humble man and compassionate too. Pain in the hips is excruciating. Why suffer? Call Dr. Humbert.
in Punta Gorda, FL |
Five-star care from the whole team, both in the office and at the hospital. Dr.Humbert was the top recommendation among friends for my new knee. Everyone knows their role and performs it with pride and excellence. Thanks to all of you!
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Humbert is no less than phenomenal. I was first drawn to him because of his engineering background and resultant deep understanding of structural dynamics. This was important to me in making decisions about the hardware that was going to be installed in my body. He did my right hip five years ago and just did my left one. My results have been amazing. From barely able to walk to fully restored comfortable function. It's almost miraculous. And the entire team at J.I.S. is just fantastic!
in Cape Coral, FL |
I am a 75 year old male and this is 7 weeks following a total knee replacement. I have no pain, walked 1 mile today, and the knee looks like one I had replaced 11 years ago. This experience far surpassed my previous knee replacement in reduced pain and quicker recovery. This far exceeded my expectations. His organization is extremely professional and he personally actually listens to you, never seems in a hurry, answers all your questions, and actually seems like a nice guy.
in Fort Myers, FL |
I was very impressed with the efficiency, warmth and quality of service of Dr. Humbert and his staff. I had a left knee replacement with little to no pain. At five weeks I am playing golf and feeling great. The scar is minimal and disappearing faster than I expected. Thank you, Dr Humbert for an excellent job.
in Cape Coral Florida |
Dr Humbert himself is what appears to me is a very cocky sort of full of himself person. However is surgical skills are bar none. I had a complete Knee replacement done in Dec 2016. In just about 6 weeks I was well on my way to becoming the person I was 15 year ago. He did an awesome job on my knee. It's now about 8/weeks and I have complete range of motion and No Pain or other discomfort. I can't say the sam about the office staff. They are rude, uncaring and otherwise useless.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Just wonderful! I can not say enough good things about him. He really listens and cares.
in Fort Myers |
Very quick recovery. Doctor explained everything before and after surgery.
in Fort Myers, Florida |
Total right hip replacement. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Humbert & his staff.. I don't see any area that could be improved upon.
in ft myers, fl |
Had right knee replacement, and six months later had the left knee replaced. I am 80 years old, and it's only been one month since my second surgery. Can walk comfortably without a cane. The best part, is my knees are no longer knockneed.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Highly recommend Dr. Humbert for knee replacement.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Humbert is my hero! I needed a knee replacement after a torn miniscus and arthritis made it very painful. After meeting with Dr Humbert and his explanation of the procedure I was no longer apprehensive and ready to begin my pre-op program. The day of my surgery Dr Humbert saw me in pre-op and reassured me about the surgery. He was so right! I have not had any problems since my surgery. I love my new knee and now I'm a new me! Thank you Dr. Humbert and your awesome staff, Mary Poster
in Ft Myers, FL |
Although very busy, Dr. Humbert checked on me each day while at Lee Memorial. My surgery went well and he answered all my questions at my 4 week checkup. If I have to have my other hip replaced I will go back to him. I highly recommend him.
in Ft. Myers Fl |
A wonderful experience going thru knee surgery.I had very little pain or discomfort and I would recommend Dr Humbert to anyone.
in Naples, FL |
Wonderful- Dr. Humbert fixed a problem of my knee that multiple people said unfixable- now knee feels like new. Thank you, Thank you , Thank you. Very professional, kind, listened and cared. Great people on his staff as well which treat you like a friend.
in Naples, FL |
I'm a local business owner which I have to be standing for long period of hours Had right hip replacement and needed a flawless procedure. We highly recommend dr Humbert My experience was great
in Estero, FL |
A great support team both before and after surgery. During personal visits, Dr. Humbert is personable, factual and concise.
in Ft Myers FL |
Great doctor. Great staff. After a double hip replacement, I can move and walk without pain! Thank you Dr. Humbert.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Love this guy, get Doctor, honest, trust worthy and patient really listens to you. No unnecessary procedures and therapy. His staff are personalable and helpful, truly recommend them.
in Fort Myers |
I have seen Dr. Humbert for problems with me shoulder and my hip. He addressed both issues non-surgically and was able to help my symptoms quickly. He was friendly and super efficient.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Excellent Doctor patient repoir.
Cape Coral fl |
Very pleased. Entire experience went much better than I expected.
in Cape Coral, Fl |
Absolutely great. We had some setbacks with other problems medically but worked them out. Dr. Humbert and his staff (especially Sara in scheduling) were helpful, professional and caring. Dr. Humbert is " the best surgeon in the joint"
in Fort Myers Fl |
Great experience. Couldn't be happier with my surgery. Dr Humbert is an excellent surgeon and would highly recommend him.
in Cape Coral, FL |
Dr. Humbert fixed my knee post MVA, knee has been perfect for several years no problems since.
in Cape Coral, Fl |
I am so grateful for feeling so good again thanks to Dr. Humbert and his staff. My husband and I have both had hip surgery by Dr. Humbert and highly recommend the best doctor in the joint:).
in Cape Coral, FL |
Excellent excellent excellent Thanks for giving me back my life with no pain!
in Ft Myers, FL |
I have knee pain at night due to a possible torn meniscus. The pain is severe enough it awakens me. Dr. Humbert had the PA do a steroid injection to see if it helped. Pretty standard. Then he said many people just live with the pain from a torn meniscus. Then he said if the pain doesn't go away in a couple of weeks, call and we will get you an MRI. What bothers me is his comment about many people just living with the pain. I don't go to a doctor if I'm not looking for a solution.
in Ft myers fl |
Great
Ft Myers, FL |
My experience with Dr. Humbert and staff could not have been nicer. Everyone was pleasant and explained what to expect when having my complete knee replacement. Scheduling was easy and without waiting for days to get in to see the doctor. Surgery and recovery were easier than expected.
in N. Ft Myers. |
All great so far!
in Ft Myers, FL |
Great doctor, I had a total knee replacement done was back to work in six weeks. Good bedside manner. Answered all questions, explained everything.
in Fort Myers |
After seeing many surgeons who considered my knee problem unfixable- sending me all over the country, I found Dr Humbert who replaced my knee and its now perfect. Professional, confident, clean, skilled, friendly , caring are just a few words to describe. Recommend highly
in Ft Myers, FL |
Patient feels confident in his skills. Very professional.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I saw Dr. Humbert for shoulder pain. He gave me an injection into my right shoulder and all of my pain went away. I am able to sleep at night without discomfort. I can't thank him enough!!
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Humbert is a Fantastic surgeon! Not only is he an incredible surgeon. He is compassionate, kind and caring. His staff are professional and always greet you with a smile.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I had a total hip replacement by Dr Humbert at Lee Memorial Hospital in Ft Myers FL. The whole experience couldn't have been better! I spent two nights in hospital and was home on the third day. On the 4th day I was nearly pain free and stopped taking any pain medication. At 4 weeks I released to go back to work with no restrictions! He is a great guy to talk with too. I highly recommend him.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I came to Dr. Hubert expecting to schedule surgery because my knees were " bone on bone." Dr. Humbert recommended trying shots first and the result was like a miracle. My knees do not bother me at night and I am pretty much able to involve myself in any activity I choose. I walk a lot, including to play golf. I could not be happier with my experience.
in Cape Coral, Fl |
Having had excellent results with my right total knee replacement including a 125 degree bend immediately after surgery I can assure anyone that Dr. Humbert truly lives up to his name of the best surgeon in the joint. I am now looking forward to the same excellent results on my left knee. I also compliment Dr. Humbert on having a woman PA who helps me feel completely at ease. Well done!
in Columbus Ohio |
Dr. Humbert is a wonderful Doctor. He truly cares about his patients. He takes the time to make sure all questions are answered! I would recommend him!!!!
in North Fort Myers, FL |
I have had a hip twice, a knee and shoulder by another Dr. On June 20th I had Dr humbert do my left knee and the difference is like night and day. I would never let another Dr touch me again. Dr humbert is by far the very best.
Have you seen Dr. Edward Humbert Jr, DO?

Visit Dr. Humbert Jr