Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD

Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 51

Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Denver, CO. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Swedish Medical Center and North Suburban Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hepworth to book an appointment.

Sleep and Sinus Solutions

Cherry Creek Face and Skin3150 E 3rd Ave Ste 300 Denver, CO 80206
Sleep and Sinus Solutions6801 S Yosemite St Centennial, CO 80112

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Hepworth's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hepworth

4.5

Dr. Hepworth?
  • Listened & answered questions (65)
  • Explained conditions well (64)
  • Office environment (64)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (10)
  • Long wait times (9)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (7)
I am so grateful that I found Dr. Hepworth. He is an outside-the-box thinker, and his willingness to explore complicated issues is almost unparalleled. He is committed to evidence-based medicine, and he uses this as a foundation to treat conditions not yet well researched - he is operating (literally and figuratively) at the cutting edge of what we understand. He is compassionate and extremely devoted to his patients. He performed surgery on me over a year ago and has continued to follow up with me and explore other potential causes for my high intracranial pressure. His input has been invaluable. Plus, I feel that I can be fully open with him about all my crazy symptoms (can be off-putting to a lot of doctors!) and I can tell him when I have consulted with another doctor without having to manage any ego - an especially refreshing quality. All around great provider, highly recommended.
  • Long wait times
Juliette – May 13, 2021
The best ??
Laurence W Trotter II – Feb 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
If I could give him 0 stars I would. No one should have to endure what i wen through today. This doctor saw me twice for sever ear pain and ordered a jugular stenosis. When that came up normal he accused me of lying about my pain being worse and told me i had no right to be upset. After having to set an appointment, call three times and write two messages to even get a response from him. He then told me i need to go to Phoenix and see someone there because we were at "an emotional impasse" because i was mad and upset about the way i had been treated. DO NOT TRUST THIS DOCTOR!!!!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jessica – Feb 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
I am a nearly 15-yr Pt of Dr Edward Hepworth. His patient, caring, compassionate bedside manner is only surpassed by his medical expertise, brilliance and continual willingness to think outside the box for people like me, a "zebra," with a rare inner ear disease, A.I.E.D., similiar to Meniere's. He has been a godsend through many medically trying times, and I have referred many sinus and ear patients to Edward J. Hepworth, M.D.
Meryl Webster – Dec 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
My 11/1/20 review was cut off. The anesthesiologist, nurse, and Hepworth knew I didnt get the protocol steroid shot before my surgery. I had brain damage from this malpractice. It left me like a vegetable. I couldn't function and had to get brain therapy and paid out of pocket for this. Hepworth didn't care. He's a total creep. I will be reporting him to authorities. Please pray that I can sue him for what he did to me. Thank you.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Deborah Dooley – Nov 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Dr. Hepworth left no stone unturned, to find my Jugular Compression that may have caused a TIA 2 years ago and the debilitating headaches prior to and since then. Dozens of Dr’s had no clue what was happening, but Dr. H found it
Kristal D – Nov 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
You won’t find a more qualified or capable specialist/surgeon.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Nov 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Excellent doctor very thorough and very knowledgeable takes whatever time necessary to explain everything. Very conservative in approach I would highly recommend him. Some people are just gifted at what they do and I think he is one of those people. I also wanted to say that his PA is incredible. They are an excellent team of people
Tracey L bond – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Definitely one of the best, if not best Dr I have been too. I've seen numerous around the Country at very prestigious hospitals & they didn't help me. His staff sometimes falls down on the job, but this can happen in any office. Especially when you have such a great Dr tending to your care. It is unfortunate for him, but know it's not reflective on him & share with him when this happens so he's aware. I have gone back & forth to him for helping solve a 30+ year, lifetime medical mystery. He is great! I am sure he gets overwhelmed with all the people he sees & come at him for help. He helped me with a cranial leak, severe sinus infection & helped identify numerous other health issues as well that have been overlooked my entire life. I have suffered & lost out on a lot of my life. He saved my life and if it weren't for him, I'd not be here today. He uncovered a heart condition I have that was overlooked & other things that were dismissed most of my life. Grateful!
A Vela – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
I flew to Denver to see Dr. Hepworth after nobody locally in Tennessee would diagnose or treat my cranial CSF leak. It was easily one of the best decisions I have made in my entire life. He is wonderful, attentive and is the first doctor who has tried to figure out some of my "why's". None of my other doctors understand CSF leaks and my underlying connective tissue disorder and intracranial hypertension like he does, and I have the utomost respect and appreciation for him. With that being said, the office is a bit difficult to deal with and unorganized at times, and his new NP has caused me some stress, but it is all worth it for Dr. Hepworth. Also want to note for those who do not believe that you have a leak, that he believes he sees, and for other doctors that have stated that he "finds a leak in every patient", Every patient I've talked to leaves with a video of their surgery. Our videos clearly show our leaks. People come to him from all over the world for cranial leaks
Ally – Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
This man is a genius. He cares more about his patients than any doctor I have ever seen. He thinks outside the box when other doctors give up and have no answers or wrong answers. If you were fortunate enough to find this doctor among all the other clowns out there......go see him!
Kelly and Silas Fulton in Cincinnati, OH – Jan 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Dr. Hepworth is like no other physician or surgeon I have ever been to. His ability to think through treatment plans surgical procedure's impact on a patient sets him far apart from others in his field. He was able to piece together a 30 year problem that was complicated by many misdiagnoses and treatments and develop a multi surgeon plan. He coordinated the surgeons, the post care, etc. He has a gift with seeing his patients as whole people, not just a sinus problem or throat issue etc...
Margaret Folsom in Durango, CO – Aug 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Never go to this Dr...Your life can depend on it.. He did nasal surgery on my husband in April. and 12 hours later he was fighting for his life from toxic shock and sepsis in ICU. ER Dr. stated if I had gotten him there 2 hours later he would not have made it. It damaged his heart and now at 55 he has a pacemaker. I have called office manager to adv. Dr. of this never heard back. They also require payment up front and ins. has paid but we still have not gotten our refund of $1100.00.
Brighton, CO – Jul 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Dr. Hepworth is an incredible ENT who thinks outside of the box & has the ability to assist patients dealing with atypical ENT issues. However, a Dr is only as good as his support team & unfortunately, his staff including his nurse practitioner get low marks for letting things slip through the cracks. The lack of follow through from this office in regards to calling about results in a timely manner, to reaching out to a physician to discuss patient history to sending along paperwork, is abysmal
May 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
He is excellent. He performed extensive sinus surgery on me 3-13-2016. I had minimal bleeding and a quick complete recovery. I am thrilled to report that I have not been sick a day since after 30 plus years of sinusitis. I am thrilled to be well and clear headed and energetic. He is amazing.
Marion Nutt in Denver, CO – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
He was highly recommended to me as well & when I first met him he was very attentive & trying to help figure out options. However, after I had complications post surgery & with medications used, I was clearly dismissed by him & his NP. They downplayed my concerns that something was not right post surgery and did not listen to me. Instead I was just an annoying patient. I would echo the reviewer that stated about multiple calls ignored over the weekend and i still have issues many months later.
Englewood, CO – Mar 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
I had been suffering from nasal congestion for decades. In the last few years I began getting sinus infections. The nasal rinses helped reduce the infections but didn't solve the congestion problem. A co-worker highly recommended Dr. Hepworth for treatment. After Dr. Hepworth's treatment my life has dramatically changed for the better. I wake up every morning with clear sinuses, I've not had any more sinus infections, and I can do intense workouts and running without the Breath Right strips
Denver, CO – Feb 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Superb communication skills and knowledge to impart. Diagnostic technique hands on by Dr. Hepworth (nasal camera; sinus CT scan).
Denver – Jan 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Dr Hepworth has been my ENT surgeon for 10 years and I owe my health to him. He not only solved my sinus issues but helped determine that my real health issue was my immune system. He has also treated one of my daughters who has different but complex health issues like me. His knowledge of other outstanding doctors in other specialities in the Denver area is excellent.
Rich in Denver, CO – Jan 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Pre-surgery, surgery and follow up - all excellent. Very caring, very professional in all aspects. Just a great person as well as a great physician.
HF in Arvada, CO – Dec 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hepworth?

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Hepworth's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Allergies
  • Anosmia
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Facial Fracture
  • Facial Reconstruction
  • Frenectomy
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Glossectomy
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Malignant Bone Cancer of the Skull, Face, and Jaw
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Sleep Study
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Sore Throat
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Hepworth accepts

Dr. Hepworth accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Colorado Front Range
Cofinity
Cofinity PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Meritain Health
PacificSource

Comprehensive care of patients' nasal and sinus problems in a partnership with their other health care providers is my top priority.

Dr. Hepworth is a Denver native and a nationally-recognized contributor to the science and clinical practice of endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery....Read more

• Ear, Nose, and Throat