Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat •  Male • Age 50

Telehealth services available

Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Denver, CO. He specializes in ear, nose, and throat, otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, and more.

Sinus Solutions at IMMUNOe

4.5

Dr. Hepworth?
Dr. Hepworth's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD
Excellent doctor very thorough and very knowledgeable takes whatever time necessary to explain everything. Very conservative in approach I would highly recommend him. Some people are just gifted at what they do and I think he is one of those people. I also wanted to say that his PA is incredible. They are an excellent team of people
Tracey L bond – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Definitely one of the best, if not best Dr I have been too. I've seen numerous around the Country at very prestigious hospitals & they didn't help me. His staff sometimes falls down on the job, but this can happen in any office. Especially when you have such a great Dr tending to your care. It is unfortunate for him, but know it's not reflective on him & share with him when this happens so he's aware. I have gone back & forth to him for helping solve a 30+ year, lifetime medical mystery. He is great! I am sure he gets overwhelmed with all the people he sees & come at him for help. He helped me with a cranial leak, severe sinus infection & helped identify numerous other health issues as well that have been overlooked my entire life. I have suffered & lost out on a lot of my life. He saved my life and if it weren't for him, I'd not be here today. He uncovered a heart condition I have that was overlooked & other things that were dismissed most of my life. Grateful!
A Vela – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
I flew to Denver to see Dr. Hepworth after nobody locally in Tennessee would diagnose or treat my cranial CSF leak. It was easily one of the best decisions I have made in my entire life. He is wonderful, attentive and is the first doctor who has tried to figure out some of my "why's". None of my other doctors understand CSF leaks and my underlying connective tissue disorder and intracranial hypertension like he does, and I have the utomost respect and appreciation for him. With that being said, the office is a bit difficult to deal with and unorganized at times, and his new NP has caused me some stress, but it is all worth it for Dr. Hepworth. Also want to note for those who do not believe that you have a leak, that he believes he sees, and for other doctors that have stated that he "finds a leak in every patient", Every patient I've talked to leaves with a video of their surgery. Our videos clearly show our leaks. People come to him from all over the world for cranial leaks
Ally – Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
This man is a genius. He cares more about his patients than any doctor I have ever seen. He thinks outside the box when other doctors give up and have no answers or wrong answers. If you were fortunate enough to find this doctor among all the other clowns out there......go see him!
Kelly and Silas Fulton in Cincinnati, OH – Jan 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Dr. Hepworth is like no other physician or surgeon I have ever been to. His ability to think through treatment plans surgical procedure's impact on a patient sets him far apart from others in his field. He was able to piece together a 30 year problem that was complicated by many misdiagnoses and treatments and develop a multi surgeon plan. He coordinated the surgeons, the post care, etc. He has a gift with seeing his patients as whole people, not just a sinus problem or throat issue etc...
Margaret Folsom in Durango, CO – Aug 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Never go to this Dr...Your life can depend on it.. He did nasal surgery on my husband in April. and 12 hours later he was fighting for his life from toxic shock and sepsis in ICU. ER Dr. stated if I had gotten him there 2 hours later he would not have made it. It damaged his heart and now at 55 he has a pacemaker. I have called office manager to adv. Dr. of this never heard back. They also require payment up front and ins. has paid but we still have not gotten our refund of $1100.00.
Brighton, CO – Jul 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Dr. Hepworth is an incredible ENT who thinks outside of the box & has the ability to assist patients dealing with atypical ENT issues. However, a Dr is only as good as his support team & unfortunately, his staff including his nurse practitioner get low marks for letting things slip through the cracks. The lack of follow through from this office in regards to calling about results in a timely manner, to reaching out to a physician to discuss patient history to sending along paperwork, is abysmal
May 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
He is excellent. He performed extensive sinus surgery on me 3-13-2016. I had minimal bleeding and a quick complete recovery. I am thrilled to report that I have not been sick a day since after 30 plus years of sinusitis. I am thrilled to be well and clear headed and energetic. He is amazing.
Marion Nutt in Denver, CO – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
He was highly recommended to me as well & when I first met him he was very attentive & trying to help figure out options. However, after I had complications post surgery & with medications used, I was clearly dismissed by him & his NP. They downplayed my concerns that something was not right post surgery and did not listen to me. Instead I was just an annoying patient. I would echo the reviewer that stated about multiple calls ignored over the weekend and i still have issues many months later.
Englewood, CO – Mar 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
I had been suffering from nasal congestion for decades. In the last few years I began getting sinus infections. The nasal rinses helped reduce the infections but didn't solve the congestion problem. A co-worker highly recommended Dr. Hepworth for treatment. After Dr. Hepworth's treatment my life has dramatically changed for the better. I wake up every morning with clear sinuses, I've not had any more sinus infections, and I can do intense workouts and running without the Breath Right strips
Denver, CO – Feb 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Superb communication skills and knowledge to impart. Diagnostic technique hands on by Dr. Hepworth (nasal camera; sinus CT scan).
Denver – Jan 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Dr Hepworth has been my ENT surgeon for 10 years and I owe my health to him. He not only solved my sinus issues but helped determine that my real health issue was my immune system. He has also treated one of my daughters who has different but complex health issues like me. His knowledge of other outstanding doctors in other specialities in the Denver area is excellent.
Rich in Denver, CO – Jan 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Pre-surgery, surgery and follow up - all excellent. Very caring, very professional in all aspects. Just a great person as well as a great physician.
HF in Arvada, CO – Dec 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Dr Hepworth has successfully cured a lot of my ills. My throat, my gerd, my ears (Meiner's disease) He has been my life saver and doctor for many many years. Just love the man. He takes the time to talk to you about want ails you. I trust him with my life.
Sue Doyle in Denver, CO – Dec 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
What can I say other than.... He is AMAZING!!! I have had earaches for the last 5 years and I've gone to so many doctors and not one of them could figure out what was wrong. I saw Dr. Hepworth for the first time and within minutes of my appointment he knew exactly what was wrong!! He is incredibly smart and very personable. If you need to see an ENT, go to him first. Becky Rush
Becky Rush in Denver, CO – Oct 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
Beware! You can be marginalized if you have post-surgery complications. If complications occur on the weekend and you call, you can be told, "You're talking and you're coherent. Therefore you're O.K. You'll make it to Monday." As it so happened, I got much worse and suffered the consequences for many months to come.
Aurora, CO – Sep 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
He is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and kind. He has performed surgery on me, and made it a very good experience with positive outcome. He truly cares about patients, and puts them first. He actually does communicate with your other physicians to coordinate your care. I would recommend him to anyone.
Lori Hannah in Westminster, CO – Sep 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
The best Doctor in Denver!
Susan Golesh in Littleton, CO – Jun 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
was a patient for three years and the result for sinus issues was that my primary care did a better job.
Denver, CO – Mar 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?
I have had severe diagnosed cluster headaches for approximately 20 years. I have been to many doctors (all sorts of specialties) including several trips to the Mayo Clinic Phoenix. I was referred to Dr. Hepworth by a neurologist and by the time I got to my first appointment only a few short days later, Dr. Hepworth had already found the cause of my headaches. I had a csf leak and a major sinus infection in all my sinuses. Dr. Hepworth is an amazing doctor. He listens and answers all my questions
Amy in Montrose, Co – Feb 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Hepworth, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hepworth?

Dr. Hepworth accepts

Dr. Hepworth accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Colorado Front Range
Cofinity
Cofinity PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Meritain Health
PacificSource

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Upper Respiratory Conditions

Upper respiratory specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, and whooping cough (pertussis) that affect the upper part of the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, larynx, and lungs.

Typically treats 96% more than their peers

Allergic Rhinitis

Dr. Hepworth treats Allergic Rhinitis more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Hepworth treats this condition more than 99% of their peers

Pediatric Plastic Surgery

Pediatric plastic surgeons treat conditions and disorders that significantly affect a child's appearance or well-being, including cleft lip and palate, facial nerve disorders, burns or scars, and birthmarks.

Typically treats 88% more than their peers

Broken Nose

Dr. Hepworth treats Broken Nose more than 77% of their peers

Dr. Hepworth treats this condition more than 77% of their peers

Sleep-disordered Breathing

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.

Typically treats 90% more than their peers

Sleep Apnea

Dr. Hepworth treats Sleep Apnea more than 90% of their peers

Dr. Hepworth treats this condition more than 90% of their peers

Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery

Ear, nose and throat care surgeons treat conditions affecting those areas through procedures such as tonsilectomy, adenoidectomy, myringotomy (ear tubes), and sinus surgery.

Typically treats 82% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 14 conditions and procedures

Enlarged Turbinates

Dr. Hepworth treats Enlarged Turbinates more than 100% of their peers

Intranasal or Sinus Procedure

Dr. Hepworth performs Intranasal or Sinus Procedure more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Hepworth performs this procedure more than 100% of their peers

Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)

Dr. Hepworth performs Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty) more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Hepworth performs this procedure more than 100% of their peers

• Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Allergies
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Frenectomy
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Glossectomy
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Malignant Bone Cancer of the Skull, Face, and Jaw
  • Maxillary and Malar Fractures
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Sore Throat
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing
  • Wound Repair

Comprehensive care of patients' nasal and sinus problems in a partnership with their other health care providers is my top priority.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

Colorado State University

• French
  • German
  • Italian

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Hepworth treats patients.

North Suburban Medical Center

Thornton, CO

69% Patient experience rating, Equal to the national average

Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center

Denver, CO

79% Patient experience rating, 10% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2018)

Swedish Medical Center

Englewood, CO

78% Patient experience rating, 9% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019)

Sky Ridge Medical Center

Lone Tree, CO

75% Patient experience rating, 6% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2017)