Dr. Edward Frankel, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Dr. Edward Frankel, MD

Dr. Edward Frankel, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Frankel is affiliated with Phoenix Children's Hospital, Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center, HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center and HonorHealth Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center.

...See Less

Dr. Frankel's Care Philosophy

To help people achieve health for life.

Dr. Frankel's Experience

See how Dr. Frankel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Frankel

Dr. Frankel accepts 34 insurance carriers

Dr. Frankel is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Frankel has admitting privileges.

Dr. Frankel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Frankel to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Frankel's Performance
in Phoenix, AZ |
I went to Dr Frankel for carpal tunnel, and after several months of conservative treatment, I decided to go ahead with having surgery. My expectations were exceeded on every patient satisfaction metric! Dr Frankel and his team are so knowledgeable, have excellent rapport and provided outstanding education as to exactly what the plan was. And as for Dr Frankel, I liked him immediately and have always felt confident in his care!
in Tempe, AZ |
Dr. Frankel did carpal tunnel surgery on both of my hands in January 2014. I have never had a problem with the surgery and was surprised to find some scathing comments by others. He is very low key but to the point and does not take my time or his with a lot of unnecessary conversation that is not relevant to my problem. I have just consulted with him concerning another problem and was surprised to learn of his low score on checking this website.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Frankel is a great doctor. He is very personable and informative. Took the time to answer all my questions and concerns. He offered the right options for my wrist problems and I am so happy with the results. Thank Dr. Frankel for all that you do!
in Scottsdale |
Dr Frankel is friendly but professional and efficient, as is his entire office. While I have to drive a ways to Dr Frankel, I never have to wait long if at all. Since I was not sure memory served me well as to what the surgery would entail, I called the office before surgery. Although I was reassured after visiting with the PA, he thought I should come in. Everyone was kind and I felt good going into surgery. My surgery went well and Dr Frankel called the day after to see how I was doing!
in Tempe, AZ |
Dr. Frankel performed CMC Joint Arthoplasty on my left hand in August 2016. As of today, October, 27, 2016 I am virtually pain free. This surgery was like a miracle. I didn't think I would gain the use of my left hand ever again. Dr. Frankel and his staff are amazing! I wouldn't hesitate recommending he and his staff to anyone. I couldn't be more pleased!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Frankel has performed two surgeries, one on left hand and one on the right. both went very well. He and his staff are all very professional. I would recommend this staff to anyone
in Scottsdale, AZ |
In May, 2016 I was fortunate to find Dr. Frankel for my wrist surgery. Due to the excellent care I received from Dr. Frankel including the consultation, surgery and recommendation to a wonderful Physical Therapast I now have full range of motion in my wrist and can easily resume the hand stitched quilting I love. Dr. Frankel took time to answer all my questions regarding my recovery and made sure I understood what I needed to do to ensure a full recovery. Thank you Dr. Frankel. M. Voldeng
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Tried to make an appointment for my painful hand but the office personnel were not very friendly or accommodating so I got another appt with another orthopedic specialist. There is no excuse for rude office personnel!!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Frankel is the most awesome hand and wrist doctor in Arizona. He treated my daughters broken wrist. I was very impressed by his caring attitude and it seemed that surgery was his last resort, he was very conservative and into trying to heal the bone. He fixed her broken wrist in 3 months and now it's perfect. I would highly recommend Dr. Frankel.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Wasn't a big fan, seemed eager to get you into more appointments and into surgery, and to up charge you for anything possible. I've had plenty of surgeries before and got great vibes off all my doctors, wasn't feeing him, but I needed to get my wrist taken care of ASAP. He doesn't understand or realize how people manage pain, so if you don't handle pain well, do NOT go to him. Ive never had a surgeon allow me to stay in pain or anxiety like him
Have you seen Dr. Edward Frankel, MD?
Are you Dr. Frankel?

Compare Dr. Frankel

Dr. Frankel's Care Philosophy

To help people achieve health for life.

Dr. Frankel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

• Phoenix Magazine's Top Doctor, 2009
    • Phoenix Magazine's Top Doctor, 2010

Dr. Frankel has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Frankel's Board Certifications

• Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

The Hand Center of San Antonio

Completed in 2001

Stanford University

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Frankel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Frankel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery