Dr. Edward Downing, MD
Pulmonary Disease•Male•Age 73
Dr. Edward Downing, MD is a Pulmonologist in Syracuse, NY and has over 47 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Downing has extensive experience in Obstructive Lung Disease, Pulmonary Vascular Conditions, and Sleep Apnea. He graduated from Tufts U, School of Medicine medical school in 1975. He is affiliated with Saint Joseph's Hospital Health Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.
Healthgrades Provider Compare™
Quickly compare more Pulmonologists in your area
At a Glance
- Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
- Hospital SatisfactionPatients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. • See hospitals
Experience and Background Checks
Frequently Treated by Dr. Downing
Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Downing treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Downing treats other conditions, please contact the office at (315) 475-8401.
Obstructive Lung Disease
Obstructive lung disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions including COPD, emphysema, asthma and cystic fibrosis that cause blockages or narrowing in the airways of the lungs, making breathing difficult.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Downing is experienced in the area of Obstructive Lung Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures
Pulmonary Vascular Conditions
Pulmonary vascular specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the flow of blood between the heart and lungs, including pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary embolism.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Downing is experienced in the area of Pulmonary Vascular Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures
Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Downing is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures
Check Dr. Downing's experience treating your condition or procedure
Dr. Downing's conditions and procedures:
- Acute Bronchitis
- Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
- Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
- Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
- Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
- Classic Polyarteritis Nodosa
- Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis
- Influenza (Flu)
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Low Blood Oxygen Level
- Lung Neoplasms, Not Specified as Malignant
- Lung Nodule
- Metastatic Respiratory System Cancer
- Mycobacterial Lung Infection
- Partial Lung Collapse
- Pleural Effusion
- Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
- Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Arteriovenous Malformation
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Eosinophilia
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Insufficiency
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
- Respiratory Failure
- Respiratory Management
- Rheumatoid Lung Disease
- Shortness of Breath
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Study
- Smoking Cessation Counseling
- Systemic Sclerosis
- Valley Fever
- Viral Infection
- Wegener's Granulomatosis
Search for your insurance provider
Dr. Downing accepts
Accepted insurance can change. Please double-check when making an appointment.
Dr. Downing accepts the following insurance:
- Aetna HMO
- Choice Plus POS II
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO
- Choice Care PPO
- MultiPlan PPO