Dr. Edward Crane, MD

Dr. Edward Crane, MD

Hematology  ·
Dr. Edward Crane, MD is a hematology specialist in Oxford, OH and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago in 1999 and specializes in hematology, oncology, and more.Read his story

110 N Poplar St

Oxford, OH 45056

• Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Crane

See how frequently Dr. Crane performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anemia
Blood Disorders
Thrombosis

Dr. Crane's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Crane's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Crane "I grew up in Peoria, Illinois and went to Purdue University to study chemical engineering. After completing the co-op program and graduating with honors, I proceed to earn my medical degree from University of Illinois College of Medicine where I graduate AOA (the honor society for medical school). My residency in Internal Medicine was completed at University of Cincinnati followed by a year on faculty as Chief Resident of Internal Medicine. My fellowship was completed at the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa Florida that has been consistently named as one of the top fellowship programs in the country where I was Chief Fellow during my third year. While practicing in the Cincinnati area, I have repeatedly been named as one of the top doctors by my peers in Cincinnati Magazine and have received awards for the quality of my care and professionalism from several area hospitals. Time outside of work is spent spending time with my family, playing tennis and volunteering for various projects and organizations in the area. "

This content was provided by Dr. Crane "From the very first visit, my patients are treated like they are part of my family.  My team combines compassion with the latest treatments to create a personalized approach to cancer care.  My role as physician encompasses providing education regarding one's diagnosis and treatment, emotional support for the patient and family, and assessment of the best treatment options.  The practice has excellent nutritional education, genetic counsellors, wellness program, financial counselors as well as many other great patient services."

• Hematology
  • Hospice & Palliative Medicine
  • Medical Oncology
  • Oncology

• Hematology
  • Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine
  • Medical Oncology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • University Hospital University Of Cincinnati College Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University Of South Florida
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

• 2012 Mercy Fairfield Physician of the Year (voted by nursing staff),

Dr. Crane has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Crane does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Crane and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Crane's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Crane to family and friends

Dr. Crane's Performance

It is really rare to find a doctor that is both good at what they do, and has good bedside manner. Dr. Crane excels at both. I am certain that he and his team saved my life after I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. He even personally calls me as soon as my routine blood work or CT scan results...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr Crane treated my mom when she was diagnosed with colon cancer at age 85. She is currently 96!!! In 2009 I was diagnosed with stage 3B breast cancer. I knew he had to be my oncologist. Its not often you meet a Dr and immediately know God intended this profession for this individual. He is the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
There just aren't words enough to tell you how much we love Dr. Crane and the entire staff at the Mercy Fairfield office. I'm sure my husband would not still be alive without them.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0