Dr. Edward Condon, MD

Dr. Edward Condon, MD

Thyroid Disorders | Male

Dr. Edward Condon, MD is a thyroid disorders doctor who practices in Commack, NY. He is 70 years old and has been practicing for 44 years. Dr. Condon is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center.

Dr. Condon's Experience

See how Dr. Condon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Condon

Dr. Condon accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Condon has admitting privileges.

Dr. Condon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Condon to family and friends
    Dr. Condon Says:

Thank you for your comments  We strive to focus on quality care. There are days when we must focus on immediate care of our patients health occasionally causing delays. Our staff are trained to be polite and helpful to patients. We strive to communicate better.  Patients will not be treated clinically over the phone.

Administrative messages are better handled through the patient...

Dr. Condon's Performance
    Bohemia, NY |
    You schedule to see the doctor but always get the P.A, without notice. Remarkably you pay the same co-pay! Bloodwork is done in-office (why? it certainly isn't faster), results are not divulged unless you ask, any detailed explanation requires an independent appointment. Staff bills incorrectly and is extremely rude. I received a second opinion on my metformin prescription- misdiagnosis. AWFUL.
    Bronx, NY |
    Still can't get a call back from this office. I really think its time to change to a practice that values its patients.
    Huntington, NY |
    The only reason I'm giving this practice 2 stars is because their billing department is horrendous. They constantly send bills and there is always some outstanding amount for an unpaid amount when I pay my bills in full. Not to mention their billing department is non-responsive when you call them to disputed the charges. It's just such a headache.
    Hampton Bays, NY |
    I went to Dr. Condon after being told that I had a large size nodule on my thyroid. He decided to just watch and see what happens. After having a biopsy done by him and it coming back negative I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. After having my thyroid removed I expressed my concerns about the cancer spreading to other parts of my body, just to be told by him that not all aches and pains are cancer. No kidding Dr. He is arrogant and not concerned about the patients feelings and concerns.
    in Centerport, NY |
    I have never had a bad experience with Dr. Condon's or his staff. Being treated by the doctor for prediabetes since 2014, my A1c has dropped significantly due to the medication described. Also, the remaining metrics tested quarterly have all normalized. I realize that many people want to see the doctor, but in most cases, it is not necessary unless there is a severe medical condition being treated. I don't have a problem with it as long as the treatment prescribed work.
    in Long Island, NY |
    I was told I had to make another appt to ask a question regarding the appt I had 3 days before. I explained I was a full time working mother and I shouldn't have to pay another 20$ to have a question answered based on the appt I had 3 DAYS before. He said "we have a waiting room of people, why should you take precedence?" Bc I am newly pregnant after a miscarriage and already had an appointment and needed fast answers! Crying hysterically on the phone. you're just a number to them.
    in Commack |
    I should have listened to all the other awful reviews before going to this practice! The staff and front desk is especially rude and disrespectful to their patients. You never see a doctor EVER and the PA's only care about your returning to see them in 6 weeks never diagnosing your problem correctly.
    in North Babylon, NY |
    My wife and I had the worst experience with the Commack office. I have never seen such disrespect from office in all my years of seeing a specialist in NY. You can never talk to any of the Drs of PAs who Dr. Condon left in his absence when you call the office. Even to get them to follow through on anything they will not do. They schedule my wife to do an I131 therapy and because of the constant ongoing lack of professionalism, ?we decided on changing to another specialist that was recommended
    in Bradenton, FL |
    After going to this office for 5 years I only "discovered" my diagnosis when I reviewed comments on the website. This office has the worst office staff as no one has any inkling of what is going on. My bill was greatly exaggerated I am in writing dispute letters to Medicare and my Part B plan. Do not not put your health at risk and stay away from this "factory"!!
    in Babylon, NY |
    I have been seeing Dr. Condon for over 14 years. His office is crowded, good Dr's have crowds and he spends time with each patient. The desk staff is awesome. I will agree with someone below on the male nurse, he is rude. He has made several questionable comments to me during visits. So in summary do you go to a Dr for the wait room or for the healthcare. I go for my Diabetes and Thyroid issues, Dr. Condon has saved my life after seeing 6 other Endo's on LI!!
    Medford, NY |
    THE WORST! Avoid if at all possible. Rude and they waste your time! They won't take your calls if you're late or for directions, and forget if you're late at all, they'll just tell you to come back another day.
    in New York |
    I visited him several years ago multiple times and was very displeased. He was rude, his staff was rude and unhelpful. The wait time was horrendous. The only good thing I can say was that he was ok with perscriptions and what could work. The staff actually made me go back to my home after I had forgotten a referal that had brb faxed to them but they couldn't find, then once I returned to the office with the paper they denied my visit anyway due to me being "late".Then claimed I was a no-show.
    Huntington Station, NY |
    Staff-rude, uncooperative. Dr-disinterested-only interested in money.
    in Coram, NY |
    I have never in my life had a Dr. like this one. After calling his office three times last year about my lab results I was told it was normal...When I went back to him this year he told me it wasn't normal. What kind of Doctor is this?? Again this I trying to find out about my blood work and can't seem to get anywhere with this lousy office even my GP tried to call and get the results and got nowhere...Needless to say I will be changing Doctors I don't want anything to do with this so called Dr.
    in Queens, N.Y. |
    He is patient and understanding, thoroughly explains his ideas.
    Commack, NY |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Condon's for a few years and am very satisfied with this doctor's ability to find the problem and solve it! He is extraordinarily smart and I will never go to another Endocrinologist. I don't mind a wait in the doctor's office as most docs are busy, although I do hear some patients complain about this. If you want a good doctor, you sometimes have to wait!
    in Patchogue, NY |
    I wish I would have read reviews before going to this guy/place. Bad. Bad. Bad. I have NEVER been more frustrated in my entire life. I have yet to wait less than 45 minutes to be seen. EVERY SINGLE prescription has come with problems. The one I'm dealing with today, I've called 4 times to get needles for my prescription (because they didn't prescribe enough to match my medicine) It's been 4 days since I've been able to TAKE my medicine, because they STILL haven't called it in. DONE!!!!!!!!
    in Huntington Station, NY |
    IT takes 3-4 days to get a call back, even in a serious situation. I have been left hanging on advise necessary for my well being, medication advise to be exact while I am battling with breast cancer, On three seperate occasions. The answer machine message options are different everytime or day you call. it says to leave a none urgent message but doesnt allow you to leave an urgent message. Or in the evening when it did give me an option that phone # answering messaging was full !
    in Melville |
    Dr.condon is the worst his office is a factory The office staff is rude and I'm noxious especially Greg he needs a lesson in bedside manner I haven't Seen or spoken to the dr in 3 years he has the Interns do all his work don't go hear if u want to see a acutel DR.
    in Islandia, NY |
    Do not go here unless you want to end up waiting, frustrated, and more ill. There is absolutely nothing compassionate about this office. The front desk staff (for the most part) are nasty and witchy. They despise having to communicate with you. It doesn't feel like a health oriented facility. Everyone seems mad and angry. I liked the Diabetes Educator I worked with there and would have continued seeing her. It wasnt Condon. But I couldn't take it anymore. The place is miserable.
    Have you seen Dr. Edward Condon, MD?
    Are you Dr. Condon?

Dr. Condon says...

Administrative messages are better handled through the patient portal.  Phone messages may require 24-48 hours for non urgent questions.

Dr. Condon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Thyroid Disorders
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Abnormal Thyroid
    • Adrenal Gland Diseases
    • Adrenal Incidentaloma
    • Adrenal Insufficiency
    • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
    • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
    • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
    • Diabetes Type 1
    • Kidney Disease
    • Lipid Disorders
    • Malaise and Fatigue
    • Medullary Thyroid Cancer
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Papillary Thyroid Cancer

Dalhausie University

Completed in 1974

Mount Sinai Sch Med Prog Elmhurst Hosp
      Mount Sinai Hosp Med Ctr

Dr. Condon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Condon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Thyroid Disorders