Dr. Edward Buckingham, MD

Dr. Edward Buckingham, MD

Facial Plastic Surgery  |
Edward D. Buckingham, M.D. received his B.B.A. in Accounting from Southern Methodist University in Dallas. He then attended the University of Texas at Austin and completed his pre-medical coursework achieving a perfect 4.0 grade point average. Dr. Buckingham received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society as a junior medical student and served as the organization's vice-president and later president. Graduating medical school in the top 2% of the class with highest honors, Dr. Buckingham received the Donald Duncan Memorial Scholarship in Anatomy, the Edward Randall Medal for Academic Excellence, and the Merck Manual Award. He then performed a general surgery internship and Otolaryngology residency at UTMB and was a nominee for the UTMB overall-outstanding resident. Additionally, he served as president of the UTMB House Officer Association and served two years on the Graduate Medical Education Advisory Committee and Executive Committee. Following residency he completed a fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Albany Medical Center and the New England Laser and Cosmetic Surgery Center in Albany, New York. He has numerous publications and presentations in both Otolaryngology and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, and has been a guest instructor for the facial rejuvenation course given by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Buckingham is double board certified by The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and The American Board of Otolaryngolgy. He has also done extensive work on Rhinoplasty in Austin. Dr. Buckingham's wife, Dawn Buckingham, M.D., grew up in Austin's Westlake Hills and practices Ophthalmology and Oculoplastic Surgery with The Eye Physicians of Austin.

2745 Bee Caves Rd # 101

Austin, TX 78746

Learn about Dr. Buckingham

See how frequently Dr. Buckingham performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Skin Cancer
Deviated Septum
Excision of Skin Lesion

Dr. Buckingham's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Buckingham "Dr. Edward Buckingham is a facial cosmetic surgeon in Austin, Texas. He performs reconstructive surgery as well as procedures such as rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, ear pinning surgery, and facelifts. He also offers facial fillers such as Botox, Juvederm, and dysport. Some other procedures he performs are chin/cheek augmentation, scar repair, acne scar removal, midface lift, forehead lift, and IPL laser treatments."

• Facial Plastic Surgery

• Birthmark
  • Deviated Septum
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma

• Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Chin Implant
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Facelift
  • Facial Reconstruction
  • Fat Grafting to the Face
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Neck Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skin Grafts

• University Of Texas At Galveston / Medical Branch
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • University Of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
  • Albany, Ny
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Buckingham does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Buckingham and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Buckingham's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Buckingham to family and friends
Dr. Buckingham's Performance
in Wimberley |
Extremely impressed with every aspect of Dr. Buckingham and his surgery center, especially his skill, those he employs and the kindness and professionalism shown to me during every interaction.
in Austin, T |
I was given a referral for Dr. Buckingham by my husband’s dermatologist, who said only wonderful things about him as a skilled surgeon. I was told Dr. Buckingham is the best around and I saw that for myself during my consultation. After doing a lot of online research, going through Dr. Buckingham’s education and qualifications, I expected that the doctor would have the skills to make my look more refreshed. Dr. Buckingham has well-defined, efficient office and everyone knows their job. I had my
Houston, TX |
I had Botox and Juvederm with Laura. She did a great job and made me feel very comfortable!
in Atlanta, TX |
I had a lipo transfer and TCA Peel on January 9th. This was a great experience and provided the results I was hoping for. Dr. Buckingham is considered the best in Austin, especially for any procedure involving the face, so I knew he would be the surgeon for me. Age had caught up with me, so I scheduled a consultation with Dr. Buckingham last year. He was so professional and gentle. In less than three weeks, I was already back to going out in public. Today, my face feels smooth and looks fresh. F
in Austin, TX |
I had the pleasure of working with Dr. Buckingham last May for my neck lift. I interviewed so many doctors, but Dr. Buckingham really gave me confidence to move forward. Dr. Buckingham is a specialists in every since of the word, and because he works only faces, my dermatologist mentioned him as one of the area's best. He let me know that nothing was too much and that he could make my desires a reality. I understand the neck is very hard to correct, but it is such an aging area that I was determ
Austin, TX |
René does my Botox and fillers and she is amazing! I always leave their office so happy and looking great!
I had a blepharoplasty to remove festoons, like fat pockets under my eyes. Dr. Buckingham was very pleasant to work with, and extremely up front. The festoons were quite significant. I am very happy with the fact that I can now focus on making up my entire face, not spending time trying to cover under my eyes.
I had a lower facelift at Dr. Buckingham’s office. I did not want to have the wind tunnel effect. It has been three months and so far, I’m very happy. We saw immediate results. I am especially happy with the neck. My stitches have healed well. I went right back to doing my routine activities. I have actually started carrying Dr. Buckingham’s card and handing it out. It was a great experience.
in Austin, TX |
In August, Dr. Buckingham performed my blepharoplasty and lower facelift. He is a talented physician and my whole experience with Dr. Buckingham was absolutely wonderful. He came highly recommended by three or four of my friends, when they found out I was interested in having a procedure. Dr. Buckingham did a great job; my before and after pictures tell it all. Now, I feel amazing, younger, and more beautiful. I would recommend Dr. Buckingham’s office because he is great at his job.
in Dallas, TX |
June of this year, I had a limited incision face lift with Dr. Buckingham. I chose him because he does faces only. This made me feel more confident about his expertise, plus with the volume of cases he has done, Dr. Buckingham was just what I was looking for. He is a great surgeon and I knew he could make my results look very natural. It was an overall excellent experience, from start to finish. Afterward, the staff and Dr. Buckingham called to check up on me.
in Austin, TX |
I have seen Dr. Buckingham for a lower facelift, chemical peel, and a fat transfer. These were in February, because several friends of mine had already come to him for procedures. Everyone was very happy with Dr. Buckingham. I knew I wanted some of the skin under my chin lifted, so that I could look fresher and a bit younger. I am real pleased with the results. Everything was really easy, just like Dr. Buckingham told me. There were no problems.
in Austin, TX |
My rhinoplasty has exceeded my expectations. Dr. Buckingham is very attentive and I feel like he was very skilled, as well. I had no swelling compared to other people I have known to go through the same procedure. Dr. Buckingham?s office pretty much catered to me, and I was in absolutely no pain throughout the whole process. I will recommend Dr. Buckingham to anybody. My rhinoplasty results are perfect: very natural and conservative.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Buckingham did a very professional job placing fat injections around my eyes. I have rheumatoid arthritis and often I feel tired. I didn?t like looking in the mirror and seeing how tired I looked. It was the disease that really prompted me to try to have a more youthful appearance. My procedure went well. Dr. Buckingham explained everything very well.
in Austin, TX |
In September, Dr. Buckingham performed my Necklift. I am 65, so I really needed it. My general practioners recommended him. He was very kind. Dr. Buckingham also takes his time with his patients. He is not in a hurry, making you feel at ease. I am extremely happy with my results, I think I look a lot younger. The staff here is wonderful. This was a very good experience.
Have you seen Dr. Edward Buckingham, MD?
Are you Dr. Buckingham?