Dr. Edward Berghausen, MD

Dr. Edward Berghausen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Edward Berghausen, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Tucson, AZ. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 38 years.

630 N Alvernon Way Ste 351

Tucson, AZ 85711

Learn about Dr. Berghausen

See how frequently Dr. Berghausen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Complications of Joint Prosthesis
Osteoarthritis
Knee Disorders

Dr. Berghausen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1979

Dr. Berghausen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Berghausen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Berghausen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Berghausen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Berghausen to family and friends
Dr. Berghausen's Performance
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Berghausen has now done both of my hips and my quality of life has improved immensely. Between Dr. B and physician's assistant, Mitch Dupuy, I couldn't ask for a better team of professionals. When some minor issues occurred during my hospital stay, both men were there, in my room, seeing that I received immediate attention from the angels who call themselves nurses at St. Joseph's Hospital. From the bottom of my heart, thank all of you for my new & active life.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. B was so fantastic when I went to him for a second opinion. His qualifications are superior but he is also honest and straight forward about your condition. He didn't really know if he could fix my knee after I fell but he did a fantastic job of figuring it out to the best of his ability and I am now walking almost normal and can look forward to a much better life. I would not go to any other orthopedic surgeon in Tucson because of my experience.
in Phoenix, AZ |
After one improperly installed uni-knee and an oversized revision that left my knee bent and weak I was very fortunate to pick Doctor Berghausen from all of the Orthopedics in Tucson. The Doctor was proactive and aggressive in in finding a solution to my condition. With his direction I am now out of pain and my knee is able to straighten out. At 67 I can do a deep knee bend and rise with no help. I now sleep through the night and can turn over in bed with no pain. I am grateful for his help
in Tucson, AZ |
Please take this review very seriously about Dr. Berghausen. When I asked him what happened in surgery, he replied, "I am a surgeon, i do the surgery then leave. If you want to know, you have to ask the Anesthesiologist." I left his office never to return. My file contained another person's bad heart information and surgery affected it. Something I have never had is heart problems. Don't trust this guy with your life because it could affect your life.
Tucson, AZ |
I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Berghausen to evaluate my hip for replacement without much prior knowledge of his reputation. He was very kind and considerate, explaining the details of the surgery and expected recovery period in a manner that made me feel at ease. He was planning to be away from the office for a few weeks over the holiday but assured me he would get my surgery done, even if he had to work an extra day into his planned time off. I recovered quickly without much pain.
in Tucson, AZ |
Doctor Berghausen is an incredible surgeon! I had a bad knee for years and when I went to him he saw how bad both knees were. He scheduled my surgery on my first knee and it was done excellently! The staples and surgery site was flawless and healed up great! He had me do physical therapy and it was awesome. I had the physical therapy at St Josephs hospital where Dr. Berghausen practices and it was awesome!! He is upfront , explains things thoroughly, and gives you excellent advice!
in Green Valley, AZ |
I had my knees replaced 18 yrs ago and over the past couple of months my left knee started hurting to the point I could barely walk so I made an appt with Dr. B to find out if the problem was with the replacement. As it turns out the knee had almost completely failed and was beginning to fall apart (my words) He schedule surgery for me within 10 days which is unheard of for me anyway. The care I received and end result is outstanding. Both he & his staff are great. I highly recommend him.
in Tucson, AZ |
Man- here is the straight dope: I love Dr. Berghausen and his staff. I have had both my hips replaced by Dr. Berghausen and both have been phenomenal (admittedly the second hip was so much easier- you know, like a second kid). I have always been treated with kindness and respect by Arizona Orthopedic and I highly recommend this exceptional surgeon and his staff.
in Tucson, AZ |
In my last 20 years dealing with the effects of arthritis, I have not encountered a more professional, talented, and personable surgeon than Dr Berghausen. He has replaced both my shoulders and I now feel like a new man, able to do whatever I wish. Also, most significantly, my recoveries have been weeks quicker than any web sites have suggested.
in Tucson, AZ |
I just received my second hip replacement from Dr. Berghausen. My first hip was done 9 years ago in 2007. I've never had a problem of any kind with the first and therfore had no hesitation to get the second one done. I'm 12 weeks out from surgery and feeling great; driving, dancing and exercisng. Dr. Berghausen is compassionate, caring and professional, as are his staff. I rate his care as 5 star!
in Tucson, AZ |
Excellent surgeon, but not accommodating. Makes you wait for him 20-30 min but cancels appointment if you're 10 min late coming across town from work.
in Tucson, AZ |
I found Dr. Berghausen to be compassionate, thorough and encouraging and he did a great job on my total hip replacement. He answered all of my questions and spent as much time with me as I needed. His office staff are positive, professional and really helped to ease the process. I am almost 4 weeks post-surgery and am doing great (and better than I - and everyone else - expected)!
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I have had two surgeries by Dr. Berghausen. He is the first doctor to take the time to explain what the operation would intail, he made sure we were fully satisfied with all the information and had no more questions.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr Berghause has scoped my left and right knees and also did a total Knee replacement on my right knee. Excellent surgeon and he is completely focused on ensuring that you can return to an active lifestyle through your rehabilitation
in Sahuarita, AZ |
Dr Berghausen performed a total hip replacement on me a year and a half ago. I have had pain down the leg ever since. When I asked Dr Berghausen about the pain, he said it was my back and would not consider any other possibility. He communicates poorly, spends all his time typing and won't even look at you when you ask a question. My back pain has been alleviated with epidurals. Leg pain still persists. In addition I have dislocated the hip twice. Not a doctor I would ever us again.
in Tucson, AZ |
Great doctor; very caring, great bed-side manner....truly someone I would recommend
in Tucson, AZ |
My first experience with Dr. Berghausen was just over 10 years ago when I needed a TLHR. I was very satisfied with the entire process and have had great success with the hip. In early 2015 I developed a similar problem with my right hip and again consulted with Dr. Berghausen. Through suggested exercise I put off surgery for a number of months but ultimately had a TRHR on 1/12/16. Again I experienced excellent results and am very satisfied. *The months of exercise certainly helped rehab.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Berghausen is an amazing orthopedic surgeon who inspires confidence in his patients. He performed two complex knee replacements on me. He is realistic about outcomes as well as the hard work that is required during rehabilitation. He also knows how to encourage and motivate people even in a vulnerable time. Both he and his staff are efficient, knowledgable, and very kind. I would recommend Dr. Berghausen to anyone looking for an orthopedic surgeon.
in Tucson, Az |
Dr. Berghausen is an incomparable surgeon with a wonderful positive attitude. He replaced both of my knees this summer.He told me to power through the pain. Each time he saw me he told me what a great job I was doing. If he had been the first surgeon I saw i would have had the surgery 15 years ago. i feel 20 years younger! Thank you Dr B, you gave me my life back!
Have you seen Dr. Edward Berghausen, MD?
Are you Dr. Berghausen?