Dr. Edward Baruch, MD

Psychiatry •  Male • Age 62

Dr. Baruch

Psychiatric Addiction Svs So NJ

813 E Gate Dr Ste D Mount Laurel, NJ 08054

Dr. Edward Baruch, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Mount Laurel, NJ and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Suny Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine medical school in 1985. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Baruch to book an appointment.

Dr. Baruch's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Baruch

4.0

Dr. Baruch?
I have been seeing Dr. Baruch for several years now. He has expressed a genuine interest in getting to know me as an individual first, rather than just writing prescription(s) and sending me on my way. One reason I respect Dr. Baruch so much is that before introducing any new medication or making adjustments to existing medication, he will actually consult with you on your current lifestyle and propose possible alternatives to you (i.g. yoga, meditation, etc.), rather than just piling on the meds. I also cannot say enough good things about his administrative/front office staff. The two ladies in his front office are so caring and down to earth, as well as the woman (lab testing) technician. I am overall very grateful for Dr. Baruch's expertise and support.
Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
In my experience being treated for OCD, and Bipolar II disorders, with Dr. Edward Baruch, I have found him to be an excellent psychopharmacologist and a terrific psychiatrist. I base my findings on the fact that since I was 16 years old, Dr. Edward Baruch has not only been able to diagnose my comorbid disorders, but to effectively treat and medicate me properly for them for over 40 years. I first encountered Dr. Baruch while I was in a hospital In NJ,( subsequently becoming his patient since age 16) , and I can verify with certainty that he is responsible for keeping me well all these years. He is more than qualified as a doctor and as a psychiatrist. I don't know where I would be today without his help and treatments.
Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
Dr Baruch identified something other doctors missed in my diagnosis, caused by some minor/major head injuries in the past and prescribed me a low dose of a single medication that has relieved me of my raging bi polar, confusion and frustration. My experience with him has been positively life changing and I recommend you try him as your doctor.
KB – Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
I will recommended Dr. Baruch to others as I have done several times. My last visit with Dr Baruch was excellent. In fact, every encounter I have had with Dr Baruch since he first treated me in the hospital in 2000 has been excellent. It was my second hospitalization in less than a month. Dr Baruch is an outstanding diagnostician. In minutes he was able to pinpoint a major factor in my diagnosis; something 2 other psychiatrists I had recently been treated by had not. As I was severely depressed, he literally saved my life. When Dr Baruch began his private practice, I began to see him as an outpatient. He is a kind, down-to-earth, empathic physician who tells it like it is. He has successfully treated me for nearly 20 years without my having to be re-hospitalized. His office staff is as professional and kind as he is. I have referred others to Dr Baruch, and will continue to do so.
Jul 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
Very accommodating, and always willing to go out on a limb for his patients. I have not been this happy in life since I started seeing Dr. Baruch. Happier now than I have been in 15 years. Highly recommended
Jul 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
I would highly recommend. Dr. Baruch is highly knowledgeable . I am only on my second visit and the additional medication was exactly what I needed for my severe depression. I have gone through countless other meds and to no avail they failed. I only wish I had found him sooner. He is very personable and I like that he's a Bruce Springsteen fan....any doctor who will sit for 10 minutes and discuss The Boss ranks in my book...lol! And this is for Dr. Baruch.....just for the record Rob Hirst from Midnight Oil IS NOT Brucie. LOL!! He is wonderful I highly suggest checking Dr. Baruch out, it's truly worth it. Happy smile!
Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
I’ve worked with Dr. Baruch for 10 years. Left for another doctor, for convenience and ended up being the biggest mistake ever , and ended up coming back to Dr. Baruch. Dr. Baruch is an amazing doctor who always has a plan with his treatment and has turned my life around for the better. I would highly recommend Dr. Baruch!
Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
My husband and I were looking for a great psychiatrist to help our son and we did found Dr. Baruck and finding Dr.Baruck was the best thing that happened to us because he is giving our 10 year old son the right treatment and we are seeing great results thank to Dr. Baruck his behavior is a lot better. We are so glad we found Dr.Baruch.
Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
My adult son has gone to Dr. Edward Baruch for over 10 years. I would highly recommend him. He is very professional, courteous and prompt. He has helped my son greatly.
Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
A little over a year ago I was looking for a psychiatrist to monitor my daughters meds which were previously done at a behavioral center. I've been taking my daughter to Dr Baruch for over a year now. Dr Baruch is extremely personable. During sessions, he often will share his personal life such as music and movies he likes which helps make my daughter feel more at ease. During the course of the year, he started her on new medications and her behavior quickly improved. She is so much better now than she was before when she was having her meds prescribed at a behavioral center. She actually looks forward to seeing him every month now which is a 180 degree change from before. He even persuaded her to reduce her smoking. He has always been very prompt seeing my daughter at her scheduled appointment time. I highly recommend Dr. Baruch. He is not your typical Psychiatrist (and that's a good thing). He actually cares about his patients.
John – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
I have been with Dr. Baruch for over 10 years. I’ve had deep depression, social anxiety and pill addiction. He put me on suboxone for my pill addiction and I have been pill free for 6 years. He is very easy to talk to. I could get my treatment for free somewhere else but I feel so comfortable with him and I’ve been doing very well. Kevin- feb. 12, 2020
Kevin in Marlton, NJ – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
I've been going to Dr. Baruch's office since 2011. I've been treated for addiction, depression, and anxiety problems. I highly recommend Dr. Baruch. He is highly intelligent, professional, and keeps up on all the latest treatment options. He listens to me and and if I'm having a bad month, I always leave his office feeling better. He is a straight shooter and will do everything in his power to cure and/or help you. I feel blessed that I've been his patient for so long, as I've come a long way and have been clean and sober for many years now. He also spends as much time with me as I need during my appointments. His office staff is fantastic and the ladies will assist you in anyway possible. Most other similar doctors have month long waiting lists before you can be seen, not so with Dr. Baruch's office.
Cary – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
Dr. Baruch is a very direct and plain-spoken professional, who is very focused in his approach to mental health issues. After seeing him for nearly a year, I have received effective treatment and valuable insight into my anxiety problems, and I would recommend him to anyone who wants to address a mental health issue.
Dec 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
Couldn’t be happier with Dr. Baruch and the ladies in the office. I called on a Monday with a pack schedule and ladies in the office explained to me that I might have to wait a little bit but you will seen today. I couldn’t ask for anything else from Dr. B and the ladies in the office for taking care of me the way they did. I have been getting treatment for a little over a year now. I couldn’t be happier with where I am at physically and mentally.
Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
After years of struggling with paralyzing depression and anxiety and seeing 6 different psychiatrists along with taking numerous antidepressants and mood stabilizers, a therapist recommended Dr. Baruch. Dr. Baruch has saved my life. He prescribed a very specific combination of medication along with very basic health improvement suggestions. He gave me hope when I was full of despair. He took the time to get to know me and my limitations. His sessions are very therapeutic and thoughtful. Within a few months of treatment I am amazed that I can do the things I haven’t done in years. I can join a friend for dinner when a few months ago I couldn’t leave my house other than to force myself to go for work. I have genuinely laughed for the first time I can remember in years. I am enjoying getting ready for Christmas and I look forward to events that I used to dread or cancel out on. I highly recommend Dr. Baruch to anyone suffering from depression and anxiety. He has given me my life back.
Missy Morre – Dec 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
My appointment with Dr. Baruch was unforgettable . He has zero bedside manner; within the first two minutes of our appointment, he inappropriately joked about a subject which directly referred to my PTSD. He proceeded to intimidate me by using my profession against me in demanding I answer my own question. His appearance, demeanor and behavior are unprofessional. (His gold devil ring doesn’t help.) I cannot recommend him to anyone. what a poor reflection on the psychiatry profession.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
Dr. Baruch is knowledgeable in mental health and its co-occurrence with substance abuse and addiction disorders. He is very confident within his areas of expertise, rather approachable and a "salt of the Earth sort of guy." He treats his clients with respect until that privilege is put into question; typically (and statistically) as by those patients he is eager and capable to serve so well.
Scott in Cherry Hill – Mar 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
This would be a 5 star review if I could leave a NEGATIVE 5 stars. W/o crying), I could copy that review verbatim. He interrupted me during a brief self-history w/no objective questions, made drastic changes to 9 years of effective Tx w/o explanation. When asked about this contrary "care", he was the rudest, most condascending, egotistical and INEFFECTIVE Dr. I have ever seen. He also threatened to withhold treatment if I excercised my right to invoke HIPAA privacy. This is the short version.
Mount Laurel, NJ – Mar 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Baruch to friends and family. He helped me with my depression and really knew how to talk to me. He helped me feel comfortable and the environment in the office is very comfortable and inviting. Dr. Baruch also has a new device to treat depression called TMS which I was able to use, and that really helped my case. Also, the ladies who work in the front are very friendly and do the best they can to make sure I am seen by the doctor as soon as possible.
Mount Holly, NJ – Jun 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edward Baruch, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Baruch?

My practice is studied in Psychiatry and Addictionology. We have a holostic approach and make every effort to explore all avenues of treatment to maximize...Read more

• Addiction Psychiatry