Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD

Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery •  Male • Age 39

Dr. Uchiyama

Retina Group Of Florida

1397 MEDICAL PARK BLVD, STE 240 Wellington, FL 33414

Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD is a vitreoretinal disease specialist in Wellington, FL and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from University San Martin De Porres / College of Medicine in 2004 and specializes in vitreoretinal disease & surgery, ophthalmology, and more.

Dr. Uchiyama's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Uchiyama

Dr. Uchiyama?
Dr. Uchiyama's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD
To me, the rapidness with which I was losing my eyesight was terrifying. Other eye doctors recommended Dr. Uchiyama immediately and i have been grateful every day since. The minute I met him I knew he wanted to help and that he knew what to do. I could not be asleep for my surgery since Dr. Uchiyama needed me to hold my eye in certain positions while he removed a growth from my retina. (And i know he forgave me for twitching a bit) His abilities as a surgeon are incredible because I could see everything he did with his instrument. I can see much better now and keep regular appointments with Dr. Uchiyama. He has my best interests in mind and his knowledge is priceless to me. And from my experience his concern for all his patients is the same. He has my respect and i am grateful beyond words. A thought: If a 10 to 15 min wait time bothers anyone, think about why it takes that 'long'. That is nothing when you consider the quality of care & knowledge you will receive!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD?
Dr.Ushiyama is an excellent physician.He communicates with the patient and listens to your needs. We have been seeing him for over 5 years and he is always very professional and courteous with us. I highly recommend Eduardo in every way.My retina issue has improved tremendously since I’ve been under his care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD?
I am blessed to have Dr. Uchiyama as my doctor and I will attest that he is one of the best in his profession. His medial expertise saved me from losing my sight. Thank you Dr. Uchiyama.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD?
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will never move out of this area so I can be within driving distance of Dr Uchiyama. He is the best!!!!!!. Don't waste your energy looking for anyone else. Ken McCormack.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD?
Dr. Uchiyama opened his office on a Saturday afternoon to check out my compliant. He was on call and had never met me before. He examined me and determined that I had a detached retina. He scheduled me for surgery the following AM. I thank him for saving the vision in that eye as well as repairing tears in both retinas. He is a wonderful caring MD. I recommend him highly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD?
It's been 15 months, and I could not be happier with Dr. Uchiyama. He has been with me every step of the way, What started as a virus on my retina, led to a detachment plus a 2nd surgery to remove the oil. It has now been one year since the detachment surgery and six months since the oil removal. He told me I had a 1 in 4 chance of the retina detaching again. It didn't. I know it was from Dr. Uchiyama;'s expertise and amazing follow-up care. He cared about my outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD?
My optometrist referred me to Dr. Uchimaya and he was able to see me within a few hours Due to a detached retina he suggested I have surgery immediately He explained everything to my understanding and shared the risks and benefits of the surgery One of my daughters was with me at every doctor visit. He patiently answered all of their questions and professionally addressed their concerns. Since my surgery at every visit he tells me that I am a 'miracle'. My vision in the right eye is 20/20
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD?
DR. UCHIYAMA IS A CARING, QUALIFIED RETINA SPECIALIST WHO HAS HELPED ME GET THROUGH A TRAUMATIC DIAGNOSIS OF BIRDSHOT, A RARE DISEASE OF THE EYE THAT CAUSES MY VISION TO BE CLOUDY. WITHOUT HIS UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORT, I WOULD HAVE FALLEN INTO A DEEP DEPRESSION BECAUSE MY ILLNESS IS INCURABLE. WITH HIS HELP I AM COPING AND EVEN THRIVING DESPITE MY ILLNESS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT HIM. HE IS A CONSUMATE PROFESSIONAL WHO GENUINELY CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD?
I went to several doctors including Bascom Palmer and no one could help me with my Iritis. Every doctor knew what I had but not why or how to cure it. Finally I went to see Dr Eduardo Uchiyama.. what a wonderful day that was I cannot say enough good things about him. After telling him all that I have been through he was so sure he could help me and he did. One day I thought I was losing my vision now I see better then before. I would never hesitate to recommend this Doctor Who is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD?
Dr. Uchiyama performed my retina detachment surgery about six weeks ago. After a severe case of uveitis and other rare eye issues, Dr. Uchiyama wanted a complete and through follow-up schedule. Thank God he checked my eyes so often. In a routine check-up, he noticed a tiny tear in my retina. Because he did surgery the next day, my retina did not completely detach. But it would have within 48 hours, and I would have lost my vision in that eye. Not only is he a phenomenal surgeon, but he is al
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Uchiyama?

Dr. Eduardo Uchiyama joined the Retina Group of Florida after completing his Uveitis Fellowship at Harvard Medical School and participating in the uveitis referral practice at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Massachusetts General Hospital...

• Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery

Parkland Memorial Hospital
2004
University San Martin De Porres / College of Medicine

Dr. Uchiyama accepts

Dr. Uchiyama accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
HealthSmart
Select HMO

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Uchiyama's experience treating your condition or procedure