Dr. Edgar Evangelista, MD

Dr. Edgar Evangelista, MD

Neurology  |

Dr. Evangelista established Nevada Neurologic Care in May of 2012. He has been practicing in Las Vegas since 2007 after completion of residency in Neurology at Medical College of Wisconsin and fellowships in Sleep Medicine and neuromuscular/neurophysiology at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. Amongst neurological conditions, Dr. Evangelista evaluates and treats neuromuscular disorders, migraine and headaches, epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, dementing illness and sleep disorders. He is also trained and certified in Botox injections for patients suffering from chronic migraine and cervical dystonia. Dr. Evangelista has been awarded Patient's Choice and Most Compassionate Doctor Recognition in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2013. His knowledge, bedside manner and time spent with patients are among the most notably praised by patients.

Nevada Neurologic Care

• HealthSmart
  • MGM Resorts Health Plan
  • Premera Blue Cross

Learn about Dr. Evangelista

See how frequently Dr. Evangelista performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

EEG (Electroencephalogram)
Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Evangelista's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Evangelista "At Nevada Neurologic Care, we treat patients as unique individuals. We evaluate, diagnose, treat and most importantly, we listen to our patients. Our goal is to ensure at the end of every visit, patients have a clear understanding of their neurological condition and all of their questions are answered. Respect and compassion are two most important components in patient care and we strive for that every day with every patient."

• Neurology
  • Sleep Medicine

Dr. Evangelista does not have any board certifications listed.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• University Of Wisconsin / Madison
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • University Of The East/Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center, University Of The East
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Wayne State University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • University Of Minnesota Medical Center Fairview
    Other Education | Completed 1999

Dr. Evangelista has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Evangelista has no media or publications listed.

• Tagalog

Dr. Evangelista does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Evangelista and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Evangelista's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Evangelista to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Evangelista Says:

Neurological conditions are complicated and often overlooked. We strive to provide the best care possible to our patients and ensure you have a good understanding and receive the appropriate treatments. At Nevada Neurologic Care, from our physician to nurse practitioner to office support staff, we want you to have the best experience and peace of mind. Your opinions are valuable to us and we will...

Dr. Evangelista's Performance
    GOOD
Las Vegas, NV |
Extremely unprofessional, misdiagnosed my condition and I will never recommend this doctor.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I used to love this Docter !! Thought he was an amazing kind caring Docter I had so much faith in him and his knowledge but then he got bored of me cancelled my appointments said he had nothing to evaluate and did not answer any calls ! I have a serious disease that needs serious medicine that should be monitored . This makes me feel quite devastated when I truly thought so much of him
in Las Vegas, NV |
This was a horrible experience. Dr Evangelista has very poor bedside manner for a doctor. He came in an didn't even greet me or say hi, much less introduce himself. He didn't explain the prodedure of the EMG. As he performed the test he seemed very smug and arrogant. I have numbness, tingling, and stiffness in my right foot not my whole right leg. His conclusion of the study was found to be normal. His technician T. Nguyen was a lot more friendlier and helpful than the actual doctor was.
in Las Vegas, NV |
My mother had a stroke while visiting from CA last week. She was hospitalized for 3 days, we were told by the doctor that she needs to follow up with a neurologist ASAP. I called the office, they were able to accommodate my mother the very next day after explaining her condition. We waited about 30 min to see the doctor but totally worth it. He was very pleasant and spent over 30 minutes with us. He was very knowledgeable. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our visit.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Waste of time and money. I went in there with extreme fatigue, muscle weakness, neuropathy/swelling in my legs, dramatic loss in mobility, etc. During my last visit, he suggested surgery on my neck. And when I expressed a desire to avoid surgery and told him I wont take narcotic pain killers, he became frustrated and said, I don't know you. I don't care about your problem. And honestly, I don't care about you. His staff also sent me to the wrong lab and they're now billing me $3500. Stay away!
in Las Vegas, NV |
This dr. told me he had no time for me; nerve conduction tests were performed incorrectly by staff nurse & it took 1.5 years to receive my records from his staff with the help of a lawyer & subpoena. Do not see this dr.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I saw Dr. Evangelista one time. He did take his time to listen to my medical condition and did have a plan for me to follow. My prescription got messed up by either Dr. Evangelistas staff or the pharmacy. I called to make a follow up, nobody answered the phone. I finally got an appointment set after being on hold forever. They called me back to cancel it. I called and made a new appointment, once again on hold for forever. They canceled my 2nd appointment as well. Will not be going back
in Las Vegas, NV |
Very poor. Left numerous messages on their machine attempting to get appointment. I am a referral to their office from another doctor. 4 days and 3 messages, still no human. Many doctors available elsewhere. How they stay in business is amazing. Goodbye DR Evanglist staff.
in Henderson, NV |
It's not very often, we'll never, that I ever want to go see a doctor. They often dismiss your problem and you without ever investing any time in to you. Dr. Evangelista is the first doctor who takes the time to access you with a real concern for your well being. This is rare and actually turned my viewpoint around about doctors, at least this one. His bedside manner is attentive and he deeply desires to help someone. I'm a believer in helping myself as well but with that approach and his caring
Have you seen Dr. Edgar Evangelista, MD?
Are you Dr. Evangelista?