Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD

Family Medicine •  Male • Age 54

34 Reviews

Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD is a family medicine specialist in Lexington, KY and has been practicing for 25 years. He specializes in family medicine.

Baptist Health Medical Group Family Medicine

New Patient?
(859) 267-2021

Patient Booking Open

Our after hours patient concierge is open and ready to help you get started.

More Family Practitioners at Baptist Health Medical Group Family Medicine

Dr. Emeric's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Emeric

2.2

Dr. Emeric?
Dr. Emeric's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD
I have been under Dr. Emeric’s care for 15 years and found him to be very concerned and supportive of my health needs. He has been very thorough and encouraging. I have shown my blood work results to another doctor friend who says he is very thorough and a great diagnostician. He is always on top of my medical reports from my specialist doctors as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD?
Better off going to a veternarian. He would not refill my blood pressure medicine. After 3 days I ended up in Baptist ER. I filed a formal grievance. Baptist assigned me to a doctor who was full but was willing to see me and advocate for my health. Poor beside manner. Extremely rude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD?
My wife and I, have been patients of Dr. Emeric for over 12 years. We have alawys been happy with his health care and "bedside" manner. Look forward to having him as our family physician for years to come.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD?
My 2 young children have been his patients for 4 and 2 years (since infants). He is extremely knowledgeable, having giving numerous correct diagnosis. He is very caring. He called our cell phone when he saw our son's name on his ER rounds list to check on him! I also appreciate that he doesn't just write prescriptions willy-nilly. We also love his nurse! Best doctor we've found!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD?
Visited to establish as new PCP after move to area, renew script for prior diagnosis of folliculitis, & continue investigation into muscle problems & chest pains presenting 5-yrs prior w/o diagnosis. Brought med. file including diagnosed ulnar nerve prob. & log of muscular sympts. including loss/shrinkage (same arm w/ulnar issue), fasciculations, cramping, weakness, not relaxing, etc. Referred to dermatologist & ophthalmologist. Lab results not indicative. No follow up on muscle or chest pains
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD?
Worst doctor experience to date. Not only did Dr. Emeric imply my disability was a mark of intelligence and ask my IQ when I was first entered into his care, he performed several unsupervised pectoral exams yet would not advise me on birth control or other woman's health matters--once he had the door half opened before I managed to even fasten my bra!He also missed diagnosing my strep, though I was in his office, until it developed into scarlet fever and strep,then got mad when I went to the ER!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD?
Worst doctor I have ever encountered. Have excruciating pain due to foot and knee arthritis. Also have severe degenerative disk disease , Lumbar stenosis, narrowing hip space , Disk problems . I Was at age of 63 made to feel as though I was a drug addict. Would not even write a perscription for 800 ibpuprofin for imflamation. refused to give a referral to a pain doctor. Didnt care If I was in pain at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD?
this is the worst doctor I have seen in all my life, He does not respect his patient, one time I visited him in the clinic when he works there for a symptoms of hernia, he asked me to take off my underwear while there was a woman doctor with him, I asked him to let the woman stay back of him because I feel shy when a woman see my private organ, immediately he refused to examine me and he took off his gloves and said I will not treat you. I will not recommend anyone to go to this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD?
Dr. Emeric refused to sign two forms I needed. Neither of the reasons he gave for this were true. I obtained written reports from doctors which showed he was incorrect in his statements. After sending a message to one doctor I received a call back saying he never stated what Dr. Emeric said he did. What Dr. Emeric said was not true and even after I provide the Office Manager with the documents nothing was signed. Dr.Emerice was rude, arrogant, and incorrect. Strongly do not recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD?
Dr. Emeric really took time with me and was very compassionate and understanding of my needs. I would recommend him to any of my friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Edgar Emeric, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Emeric?

Dr. Emeric accepts

(859) 267-2021

Dr. Emeric accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Preferred PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kentucky

Check if Dr. Emeric treats your condition or procedure

Baptist Health Medical Group is a comprehensive, multispecialty network of physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Our providers are committed to providing compassionate, patient-centered care and strive to treat our patients the way we would want to be treated, every time, at every Baptist Health location.

University Of Al School Of Med
1994
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Emeric treats patients.

83% Patient experience rating, 14% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018)

76% Patient experience rating, 7% higher than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2017)