Dr. Edgar Bigornia, MD

Dr. Edgar Bigornia, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Edgar Bigornia, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Toms River, NJ. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Read his story

477 Lakehurst Rd

Toms River, NJ 08755

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • EmblemHealth
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Bigornia

See how frequently Dr. Bigornia performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Esophageal Diseases
Esophagitis
Gastritis

Dr. Bigornia's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Bigornia's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bigornia "Doctor Edgar Bigornia is Board Certified in both Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He is a graduate of Brandeis University and attended Medical School at SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn (Downstate) in New York. His Internal Medicine training was completed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and he served as a Chief Medical Resident at Booth Memorial Hospital. His Gastroenterology fellowship was at New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY. He is the recipient of the Lawlor Award for the best scientific paper submitted by a fellow which he presented at the American College of Gastroenterology meeting. He previously practiced in Poughkeepsie, NY. He enjoys outdoor sports tennis, golf, skiing and sailing with his family. He listens to all types of music and relaxes by playing the piano and guitar. "

This content was provided by Dr. Bigornia "We aim to provide the highest quality of compassionate medical care and perform endoscopies in a convenient, friendly, non-threatening office setting. We serve patients from many different backgrounds which is mirrored in the diversity of our physicians.

Our secondary goal is to educate our patients by providing a resource for diets, bowel preps, colon cancer screening and general information about common gastrointestinal conditions and procedures.

We strive to improve communications with our patients. You can request appointments or leave non-medical requests via e-mail which will be answered by staff within 48 hours.  We also have a secure HIPPA compliant patient portal that allows for non-emergent routine communications with our physicians and office staff and ability to access patient medical records. "

• Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Breath Testing
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Liver Biopsy
  • PillCam Capsule Endoscopy
  • Small Bowel Enteroscopy
  • Therapeutic ERCP

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
  • Ny Hospital Med Center Of Queens
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • New York Medical College
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Bigornia has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Bigornia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bigornia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bigornia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bigornia to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Bigornia's Performance
Toms River, NJ |
have been going to Dr. Bigornia for several years now. He takes the time to listen & is very patient & caring.
in Barnegat, NJ |
Dr. Bigornia is an EXCELLENT physician!!!! He ALWAYS goes above and beyond every visit. He really listens to his patients, always spends time explaining everything very thoroughly, and he works with his patients to develop a plan of care that works for your needs. I am a RN (although I have never worked with Dr. Bigornia) and all my fellow nurses also recommend his practice.
in Toms River, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Bigornia for several years now. I have every confidence in his skills and concern for my health.
This is to let everyone who is interested in going to Dr. Bigornia know, that in my eyes he is the most caring Doctor I have ever went to. And believe me, I have seen many MD'S!!!!! He listens to all you say, and answers to the very best of his ability to all you ask. He is very compassionate, and he knows what is best for you!!! I was really very, very sick when I first started seeing him, but he knew exactly what to do, and with his 100% attention, well, he made me feel brand new!!
Brick, NJ |
Dr. Bigornia is wonderful. I appreciate the way he explains everything to you before the procedure and goes over the results afterwards.
in manchester, NJ |
i've had nothing but great experiences with dr bigornia through the years. great doctor,nice guy.
in Toms River, NJ |
professional, patient friendly, knowledgeable, listens to patient's concerns and answers questions, was able to give me an emergent office visit though not scheduled; staff extremely accommodating, courteous and responsive upon entry to office, follow up calls much appreciated.
in Whiting, NJ |
Dr. Bigornia has treated me for several years now. I have found his doctor-patient skills to be outstanding.Takes his time with me, explains everything clearly and answers all questions in a manner which is both caring and professional. His staff and office personnel go above and beyond in everything asked of them without complaint.You leave every visit with a detailed print-out covering every aspect of your examination.Questions can be emailed to the doctor or his staff with prompt replies.
in Toms River, NJ |
Dr Bigornia and his staff are thorough in their care of me and always friendly and attentive. I have lung cancer so Dr Bigornia takes extra time to make sure my GERD and any other problems I am experiencing are well controlled. My husband is seeing him for the first time today and I would trust him to care for all my family members. They take care of all pre auths and insurance issues. One of my favorite docs and I have A LOT with my cancer.
in New Jersey |
I had to wait 2 hours to see Dr. Bigornia. His front desk staff treated me like crap. I was also not notified that the procedure that he wanted me to have done (and made me feel like I had no other choice) would not be covered by my insurance company. Most practices that I have been to warn me ahead of time what's covered and what isn't. My diagnosis was heart burn and I'm paying $600 for it. All he had to do was prescribe zantac, but all he obviously cares about are insurance checks.
We are sorry you had a bad experience. Based on the information here we tried to pinpoint when you were in, but we couldn't find any record of your visit. Regarding your comment about your procedure not being covered, there is no way to know what the insurance will pay. You have to know your own insurance. Also, the best way for a doctor to correctly diagnose someone is to examine them, so Dr. Bigornia felt you needed to have the procedure to treat you appropriately.
Have you seen Dr. Edgar Bigornia, MD?

Visit Dr. Bigornia