Dr. Eddie Irions Jr, MD

Practices Gastroenterology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 95 reviews.
Author:
Love, love, love Dr. Irions. Super thorough, very friendly and Great bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone.
Author:
Absolutely will recommend Dr.Irions.
Author:
The best quality health care. So refreshing to see a doctor take a vested interest in my care.
Author:
Flawless operation. Immaculate facility, terrific support staff & Dr Irions is head & shoulders above all- excellent preparation, great memory, highly educated & skills & a friendly warm bed side manner
Author:
For many years I have suffered with stomach problems and hoped I could find someone that could help me to achieve a better quality of life and Dr. Irions I feel was the answer to that prayer in six weeks I feel better than I have felt in years.
Author:
I went to my appointment apprehensively but Dr. Irions addressed my concerns and reassured me everything would be ok. Dr. Irions was very caring and compassionate.
Author:
Several friends as well as my wife spoke so highly of Dr. Irions I went (reluctantly) to have a colonoscopy. It could not have been easier. Later, and unrelated I had a severe issue that needed his attention. He and a colleague were able to pinpoint the problem and treat it successfully. No one enjoys having to see a medical person, but the treatment I've received from Dr. Irions and Dr. Shore as well as the staff has been pleasant, professional and thorough. I recommend him.
Author:
Dr. Irions is really great! He is patient and thorough. Also, his bed-side manner is admirable. I hope that he is here to stay in Charleston SC!
Author:
Dr. Irions is an outstanding physician and human being. He actually listens to his patients, is reassuring and provides a clear path of treatment. Five stars isn't enough. He is always smiling, has tremendous compassion and is a fantastic physician. He is knowledgeable, thorough and confident in his care of patients.
Author:
I have had many colonoscopies due to colon cancer in my family. In most of these colonoscopies I have felt like I was in an assembly line but this all changed when I had a colonoscopy with Dr. Irions and his staff. This is the best experience I have had, the care given and understanding of my needs was outstanding. Dr. Irions takes the time to meet with you before and after the procedure and explains if there were any problems or everything was fine. I highly recommend Dr. Irions.
Author:
You don’t find service like this anymore. Dr. Irions, Sandy, and Tiffany are true professionals that do everything in their power to give A+ care
Author:
Dr. Irions is the best. I have had issues for years and sat in front of him and said “help me.” He listened looked at the history and is my best friend. I feel certain my years will be much longer due to his support and compassion. Love, love, love him!
Author:
Dr. Irions is simply the best. He takes his time to listen and explain. He is one of the best doctors I’ve ever seen. My favorite quality about him is his kindness!
Author:
Dr. Eddies Irions is very knowledgeable, personable, and patient. He explains everything clearly and is very caring. He called me to ensure I was okay and he provided alternatives to expensive mediations. He is friendly, easy to talk, empathetic, and willing to assist in any way possible to help his patients. He is an excellent doctor in his field.
Author:
Mary from Greenwood. I have been under the care of a gastro group for almost 30 years seeing little/none improvements with bowel problems. My daughter suggested that I try Dr Irions for a second opinion. Within ten minutes with him I knew more and understood more about my issues than the past 30 years. He listens, he investigates, he is right on top of gastro issues. He is quick, kind and being good looking doesn't hurt either. Obviously worth the 3 hour drive to Charleston for me.
Author:
I Dr. Irions when I was taken to the ER at Roper on a Sunday morning after I had choked on some bread. He later performed a procedure where he stretched my esophagus and I have had no further problem with choking. In addition he has seen me several other times for different issues and I found him to be concerned, knowledgeable, friendly, thorough and I trust him to do his best for me. I have and will recommend him to friends.
Author:
Dr.Irions is the most thorough and understanding physician that I have ever dealt with in my life. He is extremely professional and takes all the necessary time to deal with my questions and his thoroughness is incredible.
Author:
Dr. Irions Jr is my absolute favorite doctor! He has such a bubbly personality! I started seeing Dr. Irions in 2015 and has since referred my sister and my mom to him. They absolutely love him! In addition, I have told all of my co-workers at Volvo about him! He is a CARING doctor that listens to his patients! I would nominate him "Doctor of the Year"!
Author:
I've seen many doctors for GI issues and none have come close to Dr. Irons knowledge, care, and bedside manners. I couldn't recommend him more!
Author:
He’s been great and truly cares about his patients
Author:
Dr. Irons is The Best!!! He has a wonderful bedside manner and always makes you feel special. He’s caring and always listens to me and my acid reflux issues, giving me sound advice about nutrition and selects the best medication for me. I highly recommend him to all of my friends and neighbors. My husband and I would not go anywhere else.
Author:
Dr. Irons is the best! He makes you feel very comfortable discussing “uncomfortable” topics. He manages your health care proactively and looks at many angles to help you!
Author:
Dr. Irions was recommended to me by my cousin because I had shared with her all the stomach issues I was having due to my acid reflux condition, so I made an appointment to see Dr. Irions. He ordered a series of test and put me on the right medication and I am feeling 100% better. He is the first doctor that I have seen and can truly say is very through and cares deeply for his patients. If you are looking for an excellent caring doctor I highly recommend Dr. Irions you will be glad you did.
Author:
Smart, personable, confident, skilled, and up on the all the latest in his field. Can't recommend highly enough, and with a Doctorate in Science, I am hard to impress.
Author:
Dr. Irions takes the time to listen and advise his patience. He explains the cause of your symptoms, and offers his recommendations. He tells you why it is the best course of action for your health, without instilling fear or intimidation. One of the best doctors I have!
Author:
Dr. Irions is an experienced, dedicated and knowledgeable physician. From my first visit I found Dr. Irions to be very easy to talk to, he has a genuine interest in his patients concerns. He explained in a clear manner his diagnosis as well as any future treatment plans or procedures. I have been quite impressed and satisfied with the treatment I've received to date and would highly recommend Dr. Irions to family and friends.
Author:
Dr. Irions is a awesome doctor! He has the best personality ever, has the greatest bedside manner, is very personable, knowledgeable and a great listener. He explained things to me so I could understand everything. I would highly recommended him to anyone.
Author:
To the point, Dr. Eddie Irions is Awesome! He is personable, always smiling, and he treats me like I am a family member. He is down to earth and always speaks to me on my level of understanding. And with him being the type of doctor he is, he has never embarrassed me. Dr. Irions is also compassionate and he has been able to help me every time I have needed him, no matter what my issue is, big or small. He is a class act! More doctors should take a lead from his "bedside matter".
Author:
I am very please with my visit to Dr. Irion's! He was very professional and caring. He took time to make sure that I understood every thing that he was going to do. I felt that he was proactive in taking care of my health issues. I would recommend him to all my family and friends! He was recommended to me by a friend and she was absolutely correct in everything that she said about him. I have now found another doctor that doesn't cause my blood pressure to elevate or causes anxiety attacks.
Author:
I would highly recommend Dr. Irions to family and friends. Dr. Irions went the extra mile to make sure I received the best care. In addition to being an expert in his field, he is compassionate and caring about his patients and has helped me outside of his field by recommending me to other great specialists and following up with them to ensure I'm progressing well with my treatment. I don't know another doctor who would do that.
Author:
Exceptional in every way!
Author:
I would highly recommended Dr. Irions to anyone. He was a total pleasure to work with and was willing to go above and beyond regarding my health. He's always smiling which helps when trying to assess a serious medical situation. He's professional and very knowledgeable in his skill set.
Author:
I am completely impressed with the diligence and human kindness of this outstanding professional.
Author:
I was referred by my family doctor to Dr. Irons. I had two different procedures with him on different occasions. From the ladies up front to the final person I saw it could not have gone better. Everyone made me feel comfortable and not dumb for asking a foolish question. My wife, who took me to both procedures, even commented on how well organized and nice everyone was. My follow up visits with Dr. Irons were very thorough and I even thought he took more time with me than deserved. Wonderful!!!
Author:
The best around town,do you hear me the best,he genuinely care about you right off the scale the minute you sit in front of him you already know your in good hands,the greatest of all time,The one and only one Dr Eddie Irions Jr.Erin is wonderful as well super nice young lady she knows her job as well.And the ladies at the front desk was super nice.Just wonderful people to deal with 100%.But doctor Eddie is five stars all the way across the board.I can go on and on about how great he is,the best
Author:
Dr. Irions is thoughtful and caring. He explains what he finds and what his recommendations are. He listens and addresses concerns. He follows up to ensure treatment is working and that I was comfortable and satisfied. He is truly a concerned physician.
Author:
Dr. Irions is warm, professional, and knowledgeable, and he takes time to listen. His staff is friendly and very well-organized. We were seen by the doctor at exactly our appointment time.
Author:
I had a colonoscopy with Dr. Irions. Everyone was warning me what a horrorshow it was. Not with Dr Irions. The prep, the procedure, the post procedure was as easy as could be. Absolutely no discomfort.
Author:
Dr. Irions is awesome! He is one of the few doctors I've met who genuinely cares about his patients' overall well-being. Dr. Irions really listens to you and your concerns, and involves you in making decisions about your treatment plans. He is knowledgeable, friendly and caring. I would recommend Dr. Irions to anyone who needs a GI.
Author:
His bedside manner is serious when it needs to be, but not when some smiles or laughter are needed. He has great respect for the patient as an individual but is not afraid to make a suggestion that is contrary to what the patient is currently doing. He encourages in a kind way. As an older person, his kind and gentle nature is much appreciated. I have never felt that my appointment was rushed or that I was being pushed to hurry up a conversation.
Author:
I certainly will recommend Dr. Irions to others. Dr. Irions is very knowledgeable, Professional, empathetic, easy to talk to, and exhibits excellent bedside manners. Dr. Irions is an asset to any practice he is affiliated with.
Author:
The expediency in which my medical needs were met was highly favorable. However, what I appreciate most about Dr. Irions is the time he took to listen. I felt valued as his patient.
Author:
My experience with Dr. Irions, was professional and infirmative. He made me feel comfortable, and special. He treated me with a caring and knowlegeable professional. I will and have recommended several patients to his practice. I will also, continue to recommend patients as well.
Author:
Dr Irions is very personable, puts you at ease, has an infectious smile, listens and ensures he is giving superb care to his patents.
Author:
A very caring and compassionate doctor. He always listens to what is going on with me and I would recommend him to anyone. He has a great personality as well.
Author:
Dr. Irions and his office staff provided me with an excellent experience. He was prompt, knowledgeable, and willing to listen to my concerns while answering my questions. His positive and friendly demeanor were an added bonus!
Author:
He knows his profession, he takes it seriously and his bed side manor is what most docs that do procedures or surgery he totally has. I am very comfortable with him and unfortunately with my issues. I hope to have him as my GI doc for a long time. I have to say yall have the best staff.Professional and friendly. I recommend all to Dr. Irons. I hav felt with other doctors when Irons is not on call and everyone is in sinc.
Author:
Very knowledgeable and very good bedside manner
Author:
Dr. Irons provides excellent patient care! He is engaging and listens to my health concerns and addresses each. I felt better about chartering my unfamiliar health events due to his professionalism and medical knowledge. His follow up practices and caring spirit are unsurpassed by other health care providers. Dr. Irons is respectful of me as the patient and is very keen to ensure that my medical goals and his professional directions are aligned.
Author:
Great bedside manner and quickly diagnosed problem. Would highly recommend!!!