Gastroenterology  |
Male
Dr. Eddie Irions Jr, MD
Dr. Eddie Irions Jr, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Charleston, SC. He has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Irions Jr is affiliated with Roper St. Francis Healthcare - Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital and Roper Hospital.

1962 Charlie Hall Blvd

• EmblemHealth
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Irions Jr

Dr. Irions Jr' Experience

Dr. Irions Jr' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Anoscopy
  • Bile Duct Procedure
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopic Ultrasound
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophagogastroscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• East Tennessee State University / Quillen College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Albany Medical Center Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Medical University Of South Carolina
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Irions Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Irions Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Irions Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Irions Jr' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Irions Jr to family and friends
Dr. Irions Jr' Performance
Charleston, SC |
I would highly recommend Dr. Irions to family and friends. Dr. Irions went the extra mile to make sure I received the best care. In addition to being an expert in his field, he is compassionate and caring about his patients and has helped me outside of his field by recommending me to other great specialists and following up with them to ensure I'm progressing well with my treatment. I don't know another doctor who would do that.
in Charleston, SC |
Exceptional in every way!
in Charleston, SC |
I would highly recommended Dr. Irions to anyone. He was a total pleasure to work with and was willing to go above and beyond regarding my health. He's always smiling which helps when trying to assess a serious medical situation. He's professional and very knowledgeable in his skill set.
in Charleston, SC |
I am completely impressed with the diligence and human kindness of this outstanding professional.
in Goose Creek, SC |
I was referred by my family doctor to Dr. Irons. I had two different procedures with him on different occasions. From the ladies up front to the final person I saw it could not have gone better. Everyone made me feel comfortable and not dumb for asking a foolish question. My wife, who took me to both procedures, even commented on how well organized and nice everyone was. My follow up visits with Dr. Irons were very thorough and I even thought he took more time with me than deserved. Wonderful!!!
in Charleton S.C. |
The best around town,do you hear me the best,he genuinely care about you right off the scale the minute you sit in front of him you already know your in good hands,the greatest of all time,The one and only one Dr Eddie Irions Jr.Erin is wonderful as well super nice young lady she knows her job as well.And the ladies at the front desk was super nice.Just wonderful people to deal with 100%.But doctor Eddie is five stars all the way across the board.I can go on and on about how great he is,the best
in Charleston, SC |
Dr. Irions is thoughtful and caring. He explains what he finds and what his recommendations are. He listens and addresses concerns. He follows up to ensure treatment is working and that I was comfortable and satisfied. He is truly a concerned physician.
in Summerville, SC |
Dr. Irions is warm, professional, and knowledgeable, and he takes time to listen. His staff is friendly and very well-organized. We were seen by the doctor at exactly our appointment time.
in Charleston, SC |
I had a colonoscopy with Dr. Irions. Everyone was warning me what a horrorshow it was. Not with Dr Irions. The prep, the procedure, the post procedure was as easy as could be. Absolutely no discomfort.
in Summerville, SC |
Dr. Irions is awesome! He is one of the few doctors I've met who genuinely cares about his patients' overall well-being. Dr. Irions really listens to you and your concerns, and involves you in making decisions about your treatment plans. He is knowledgeable, friendly and caring. I would recommend Dr. Irions to anyone who needs a GI.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
His bedside manner is serious when it needs to be, but not when some smiles or laughter are needed. He has great respect for the patient as an individual but is not afraid to make a suggestion that is contrary to what the patient is currently doing. He encourages in a kind way. As an older person, his kind and gentle nature is much appreciated. I have never felt that my appointment was rushed or that I was being pushed to hurry up a conversation.
in Charleston, SC |
I certainly will recommend Dr. Irions to others. Dr. Irions is very knowledgeable, Professional, empathetic, easy to talk to, and exhibits excellent bedside manners. Dr. Irions is an asset to any practice he is affiliated with.
in Beaufort, SC |
The expediency in which my medical needs were met was highly favorable. However, what I appreciate most about Dr. Irions is the time he took to listen. I felt valued as his patient.
in Charleston, SC |
My experience with Dr. Irions, was professional and infirmative. He made me feel comfortable, and special. He treated me with a caring and knowlegeable professional. I will and have recommended several patients to his practice. I will also, continue to recommend patients as well.
in Summerville, SC |
Dr Irions is very personable, puts you at ease, has an infectious smile, listens and ensures he is giving superb care to his patents.
in Charleston, SC |
A very caring and compassionate doctor. He always listens to what is going on with me and I would recommend him to anyone. He has a great personality as well.
Mt. Pleasant, SC |
Dr. Irions and his office staff provided me with an excellent experience. He was prompt, knowledgeable, and willing to listen to my concerns while answering my questions. His positive and friendly demeanor were an added bonus!
in Moncks Corner, SC |
He knows his profession, he takes it seriously and his bed side manor is what most docs that do procedures or surgery he totally has. I am very comfortable with him and unfortunately with my issues. I hope to have him as my GI doc for a long time. I have to say yall have the best staff.Professional and friendly. I recommend all to Dr. Irons. I hav felt with other doctors when Irons is not on call and everyone is in sinc.
in Charleston, SC |
Very knowledgeable and very good bedside manner
in Charleston, SC |
Dr. Irons provides excellent patient care! He is engaging and listens to my health concerns and addresses each. I felt better about chartering my unfamiliar health events due to his professionalism and medical knowledge. His follow up practices and caring spirit are unsurpassed by other health care providers. Dr. Irons is respectful of me as the patient and is very keen to ensure that my medical goals and his professional directions are aligned.
in Isle of Palms, SC |
Great bedside manner and quickly diagnosed problem. Would highly recommend!!!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
When ever you begin a new relationship with a doctor, you are never sure how it will go. Will they address my concerns with information I understand and spend the necessary time to put those concerns to rest. Dr. Irions walked into the room with a smile, a hand shake and a warm hello. We discussed my health issues and mapped out a plan. He answered my questions and assured me he would do everything he could to help me through the necessary steps for my care. Dr. Irions did just that. Thank you!
in Georgetown, SC |
MY COLONOSCOPY AND ENDOSCOPE WITH DR. IRIONS WAS WONDERFUL . THE STAFF WAS SO NICE AND VERY EFFICENT .THE PROCEDURE WAS DONE ON TIME WITH NO WAITING. I DID NOT HAVE ANY SIDE EFFECTS AND WAS ALLERT WITH OUT BEING GROGGY.I LOVE HIS PERSONALITY AND HIS SMILE
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
He has a BIG beautiful smile to brighten any room. Friendly, compassionate and respectful. Good listener. Dr. Irions Jr. is very down to earth.
in Daniel Island SC |
I have a long history of gastro issues. I recently moved to the area and got established with Dr. Irions. Dr. Irions is a professional who invests the time to listen, to understand all aspects of the issues and render a plan to address. He is very kind and considerate, he takes the time to ensure the patient understands and is comfortable with the plan. I highly recommend Dr. Irions.
in Charleston, SC |
Dr. Irions is a very caring and knowledgeable Dr. He listens to all of your concerns and find solutions for your problems.
New York, NY |
Dr. Irons is a very caring and knowledgable physician. His energetic nature might be seen as an unwillingness to listen, but that is not the case. I had an endoscopy and follow-up visit, both of which went very well. He responded to all my questions regarding the results of the procedure and focused on what would make me feel better and what concerns I might have about treatment options. All the staff at Charleston GI were so nice and supportive.
in Charleston SC |
Each time I have gone to Dr. Irions' office ,I have been greeted quickly and pleasantly. Nurses have asked good questions and listened patiently. Dr Irions is a kind and competent Doctor. He has listened to me quietly and attentively while I explained my problems. We have talked about diagnoses and medications together. I greatly appreciate how he has helped me and my husband each time. I appreciate his responsiveness to my concerns We have suggested his name to many friends
in Charleston, SC |
Dr. Irions has a sincere ability to make one comfortable and confident in both office visits and procedures. He exudes professionalism: Exquisite manner: Compassionate listener; Articulate communicator; Expert diagnostician; and Knowledgeable practitioner. Dr. Irions' bedside manner is remarkable; he is approachable, warm, caring, accessible, interested, and interesting with a delightful joie de vivre! One leaves Dr. Irions with the sense of being his One and Only patient! A Gift!
in Charleston, SC |
My experience with Dr. Irions was one of the best I have ever had with a physician. He is knowledgeable, pleasant, and a true professional. The colonoscopy procedure was uneventful, and I did not experience any side effects. Upon returning for my follow-up visit, Dr. Irions patiently and thoroughly answered all of my questions regarding the colonoscopy test results. He took time to listen, I did not feel rushed, awesome bedside manner. My husband is transferring to Dr. Irions for his GI care.
in Georgetown, SC |
I find that Dr. Irions is very knowledable and very patient with me as a patient. He explains my dianosis in a way that I can understand.
in Charleston, SC |
He is very knowledgeable about my condition. He takes time to explain my situation in way that I can understand.
in Summerville, SC |
Dr. Irions ROCKS! I made one of the very best decisions I could have made by transferring to Dr. Irions at Charleston GI. He is a top-of-the-line gastroenterologist. He has a warm, engaging personality, which made me feel very comfortable prior to getting my colonoscopy. I didn't feel any discomfort whatsoever during my procedure, and Dr. Irions followed up explaining everything fully. He is awesome!! I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful professional! Thank you, Dr. Irions!!
in Johns Island, SC |
Very attentive. Listened to my symptoms, very thorough with the testing to eliminate what was 'not' the cause to narrow down to identify root cause. Follow-up was great. Highly recommend!
in Mt. Pleasant, SC |
Dr. Irions always walks into the examination room with a smile and a handshake, making me feel like I'm a person, not a patient. After introductions, he begins to methodically asking questions, and he listens! What impresses me most is that he makes eye contact and to hear me. After listening, he offers options and suggestions with clear explanations. Great Doc! He comes Highly Recommended!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Dr Irions' knowledge and his ability to help me understand my condition was amazing. He demonstrated a sincere concern in helping me understand what I could expect from treatments. Dr. Irions worked with me in adjusting treatment options until I was confident that I could integrate the treatments into my daily life.
in Charleston, SC |
Dr. Irions is absolutely fantastic! He's quick and to the point but very kind. He doesn't want to worry you with it could be this or that just kindly says you're in good hands and we'll take care of you! Sometimes that all you need to hear!
Have you seen Dr. Eddie Irions Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Irions Jr?

• CoreSource
    Wellpath Preferred PPO
    Emblem Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
    Tricare
  • HealthPlus
    Tricare
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health
    Medicaid
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost